nejma

Traveling from MENA through European cities

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey all

I'm hoping someone has some advice or feedback on flying to the US through Europe. We're in the process of booking flights for my in-laws to visit and are looking for the most hassle-free flights for them. Royal Air Maroc would be nice (I guess) since it's direct from Casa to NY, BUT, I kind of am hoping that I can find a flight directly into our city as the POE so they can avoid JFK, even if that means connecting in Europe.

The best prices of course are through Iberia going through Madrid, but then they would have an 18 hour overnight layover and of course they wouldn't be able to leave the airport, so that idea is out. But I found a couple of flights going through either Italy or Germany which have a relatively short layover (3 hours or so) AND they wouldn't have to change terminals in either of those airports which is also ideal. I checked Air France too but the layovers seemed long. Maybe I need to play around with the dates and flights more?

Anyone travel through any of these countries - either yourself or your relatives from MENA? I'm trying to make this as painless as possible for them! (and for my sanity too of having to worry about them) :hehe:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What city / airport are you trying to get to? You left out the US destination.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Chicago O'Hare

You might consider seeing if they could fly in direct from Casa to Montreal and connect to a US bound flight from there.. Royal Air Maroc flies into Montreal from Casa. I believe the daily RAM flight arrives in Montreal at around 6pm, and there is a daily 7:25pm direct flight to Chicago from Montreal.. I don't know if that's enough time- it might be, since they don't have to go through customs there..

Edited by squeaky580

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Chicago O'Hare

We flew Lufthansa this past November when we went to Algeria. On the way back we sat next to a group of Moroccan people in the Frankfurt terminal waiting for their flight back home. We flew into Chicago from Frankfurt. We had very short layovers, about 3 or 4 hours each way.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Timeline

I have traveled many times from Egypt through Europe back to America

I usually connect through Amsterdam which tends to have short layovers and a nice layout so its easy to find your next gate

i have also flown through frankfurt - which is less simple than amsterdams airport but not that difficult to navigate

i would go for the airline that has a relatively short layover BUT leaves enough time to get to your gate and if they need any help they wont be stressed about missing their flight.

if we get approved inshAllah, my SO will be flying through Amsterdam to Atlanta

also im not sure if Moroccans need a airport transit visa in any countries but I would search for a reasonable fare that has a direct flight to ur city and does not require an airport transit visa

Edited by Tyeger87

Timeline

If you have a valid visa to the US, you can transit through Europe very easily without a transit visa. There should be plenty of flights on major airlines between Europe and Chicago. My husband flew Algiers-Paris-Minneapolis with no trouble whatsoever.

Can I ask why you don't want them to enter at JFK?

Edited by momof1

event.png

Timeline

We flew Lufthansa this past November when we went to Algeria. On the way back we sat next to a group of Moroccan people in the Frankfurt terminal waiting for their flight back home. We flew into Chicago from Frankfurt. We had very short layovers, about 3 or 4 hours each way.

Meriem (F)

Too many stops :( I had a similar trip. Minneapolis-Detroit-Paris-Algiers. I will never do that again.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you have a valid visa to the US, you can transit through Europe very easily without a transit visa. There should be plenty of flights on major airlines between Europe and Chicago. My husband flew Algiers-Paris-Minneapolis with no trouble whatsoever.

Can I ask why you don't want them to enter at JFK?

They have never traveled to the US before, and they don't speak English. JFK is an overwhelming airport, plus Royal Air Maroc is much more expensive, so I wanted their POE to be right to our city. I'm not worried about the transit visa, just flights that work out timing-wise so they're not spending 18 hours on a layover (like in Madrid). It sounds like Germany or Italy will work out.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I haven't traveled to Egypt in a few years but we always transited through Amersterdam which I didn't like. At the time my layovers were as long as 8 hours. My husband travels back and flys straight home to Egypt once he reaches JFK. He also has straight flights back to JFK from Cairo. He normally travels Delta.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.