21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I DID NOT SUBMITT ORIGINAL COPY OF MINE, I SUBMITTED COPIES AND ALL PAGES, DID NOT RECEIVE A RFE

You don't need to send in the original copy of yours, nobody does. You only need a clear and legible copy of the Judgment which has a State Seal on it. And you don't even have to send in a colour copy of that; it can be black and white copy. I sent in only a copy and the instructions for the K1 Petition doesn't require or say ORIGINAL of them either. :thumbs: So we're good!

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well thank you all. The RFE needed my attention in 3 areas:

1) Evidence of meeting in person - sent copies of the beneficiary passport pages with US visa + stamps (SFO and LAX). Also included travel receipts + itineraries.

2) G -325 was signed, but the date was missing on the petitioner's form.

3) We forgot to mail divorce documents. We had them prepared, but did not include in the initial package. Do not ask me why we did that.

I am confident about 2) and 3), but not very confident about 1). The initial package had lots of evidence - pictures, phone logs, travel documents, boarding passes, but not the passport pages. we did not have any timestamped photos, but regardless, the photos seems to be the secondary evidence anyway.

This morning (4/21) I mailed the package back to CSC in Laguna Niguel. Will see what happens next. Hopefully there will be no RFE #2. And hopefully we will get a response within a week or two.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Well thank you all. The RFE needed my attention in 3 areas:

1) Evidence of meeting in person - sent copies of the beneficiary passport pages with US visa + stamps (SFO and LAX). Also included travel receipts + itineraries.

2) G -325 was signed, but the date was missing on the petitioner's form.

3) We forgot to mail divorce documents. We had them prepared, but did not include in the initial package. Do not ask me why we did that.

I am confident about 2) and 3), but not very confident about 1). The initial package had lots of evidence - pictures, phone logs, travel documents, boarding passes, but not the passport pages. we did not have any timestamped photos, but regardless, the photos seems to be the secondary evidence anyway.

This morning (4/21) I mailed the package back to CSC in Laguna Niguel. Will see what happens next. Hopefully there will be no RFE #2. And hopefully we will get a response within a week or two.

Hi, read post #5 on this thread. I wrote it back in Jan 2011. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/291221-front-loading-i-129f-philippines-yes-or-not-recommended/page__p__4414100__fromsearch__1#entry4414100

You also put both of our posts on our Decemberite Thread so it can be helpful to others too!

Best Wishes and let's keep an eye out for your NOA2!!

Thanks,

Mari

PS: It's not nice to hijack her thread... lol :P:lol:

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

I just realize that my fiancee has a CA driver license with my home address and I forgot to include it with my RFE response package? should I rush to the post office and ask to get my envelope back? Or should I send a follow up letter with a copy of the license?

Do you think the DL is going to meet the required evidence of having met in person?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I DID NOT SUBMITT ORIGINAL COPY OF MINE, I SUBMITTED COPIES AND ALL PAGES, DID NOT RECEIVE A RFE

I only submitted first and last pages..but my divorce was over 20 years ago hope they don't RFE us also just sent mine in on April 18

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Timeline

I just realize that my fiancee has a CA driver license with my home address and I forgot to include it with my RFE response package? should I rush to the post office and ask to get my envelope back? Or should I send a follow up letter with a copy of the license?

Do you think the DL is going to meet the required evidence of having met in person?

just want to share my experience with calling USCIS this afternoon.

When I found the CA driver license with my fiancees name and my address I immediately called USCIS hot line to find out whether its advisable to mail a piece of evidence after the initial package went out. I was greeted by a "robot", which asked me what i need. I said I want to talk to Tier 2 support regarding the RFE. The robot asked few questions and then went on and on and on about something that does not apply to me... after 10 minutes the robot asked me for the receipt number and transferred the call. A very nice person from Tier 2 support answered all of my questions and advised me to send the copy of the drivers license asap. She actually said that having a government issued identification card will be sufficient evidence of us having an ongoing relationship.

I mailed the letter today. I am now confident I did all I can and the information we provided meets and exceeds what the USCIS is asking for. Maybe I am overconfident, but why not?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.