Jo & A

Request for Waiver

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am preparing my my third I-129 application. It makes three in 6 years. The first 2 were for the same woman. Both of which were approved. I had to write a request of waiver at the time of the second visa, which was fairly easy to compose.

After 2 visas and 3 attempts for her to get settled in, we decided we weren't going to make it living together here in the states, and she returned home.

Now I have met, and fallen in love with someone new. I need to again write a request of waiver, but I am not certain what they are looking for in the letter.

Do I say that I met someone new and need a new visa? Do I add how the other two visas ended in my wife returing home? Or am I missing the point here?

Thank for any help,

A

I am preparing my my third I-129 application. It makes three in 6 years. The first 2 were for the same woman. Both of which were approved. I had to write a request of waiver at the time of the second visa, which was fairly easy to compose.

After 2 visas and 3 attempts for her to get settled in, we decided we weren't going to make it living together here in the states, and she returned home.

Now I have met, and fallen in love with someone new. I need to again write a request of waiver, but I am not certain what they are looking for in the letter.

Do I say that I met someone new and need a new visa? Do I add how the other two visas ended in my wife returing home? Or am I missing the point here?

Thank for any help,

A

You're right. I think the rules, are vague about whether the filings for the same person should be counted as 2 or not. I think mostly that rule on IMBRA filing limitations was put in place to keep men from abusing overseas women and letting them loose in the US.

I think mostly they are just looking for a signed and dated letter requesting a waiver on IMBRA filing limitations. You can explain why they should let you file again, and its a chance for you to explain why the past ones didn't work and why this one will. I think its not too big of a deal. Good luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.