murasame

What to bring to the interview?

12 posts in this topic

Hello VJ,

I still don't know what all needs to be brought to the interview. I received NOA2 on April 4, and my case was sent from NVC to SDO on April 14. A VJ fellow sent me a link of things to have for interview http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/k1-k2_instructions.html but as I can see that's from the beneficiary part.

I know I have to send her 2 copys of what was sent to USCIS and originals, 2 photographs, original NOA1 and NOA2.

I dont know what affidavit of support to file(since there are about 3-4 forms) or anything else.

Do I receive any letters listing what I should get ready for the beneficiary interview?

thanks

hmm I couldn't find the edit button. Anyways I also wanted to know what is the poverty level in NJ. I'm looking at the Poverty guideline at USCIS http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf but I find those figures strange??

I currently make 23,000.00.

An I-134 needs to be filled out and signed by the petitioner and include supporting evidence such as a letter from their employer, copies of tax returns, pay stubs, bank statements, etc.

Also, a letter of intent with a date close to the interview needs to be signed.

The guides here on VJ give a list of what's required after the NOA2.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Edited by Coconuts

Ok thank you very much i appriciate it.

So with the i-134, with my situation according to http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf i can see that i only need to be making $18,387.00 to be sponsor.

I currently live with my brother and parents, I make rent contribution etc but i dont have any dependent. I plan to move out when she arrives so is that figure right? can i be the sponsor by making 23,000 a year?

Ok thank you very much i appriciate it.

So with the i-134, with my situation according to http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf i can see that i only need to be making $18,387.00 to be sponsor.

I currently live with my brother and parents, I make rent contribution etc but i dont have any dependent. I plan to move out when she arrives so is that figure right? can i be the sponsor by making 23,000 a year?

If you don't have any dependents - and you're only sponsoring one person - $23,000/yr should be sufficient.

Make sure you bring documentation to back that figure up - paystubs, letter from employer, tax transcripts/returns will be needed.

Hello VJ,

I still don't know what all needs to be brought to the interview. I received NOA2 on April 4, and my case was sent from NVC to SDO on April 14. A VJ fellow sent me a link of things to have for interview http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/k1-k2_instructions.html but as I can see that's from the beneficiary part.

I know I have to send her 2 copys of what was sent to USCIS and originals, 2 photographs, original NOA1 and NOA2.

I dont know what affidavit of support to file(since there are about 3-4 forms) or anything else.

Do I receive any letters listing what I should get ready for the beneficiary interview?

thanks

The petitioner needs to bring the following:

-U.S. Passport

-Birth Certificate

-Financial Documents (I-134 & I-864), including bank information, last 3 months of pay stubs, 3 years of tax returns, letter from employer letter of intent (signed).

-Any additional evidence that will prove valid relationship such as...

-Trip receipts (boarding passes, luggage airline stickers)

- Hotel/resort receipts

- Cell Phone bills

- Calling Cards

- Western Union receipts

- Windows Instant Messenger/Vonage phone bill

- Emails

- Printed out text messages

- Separate photo binder (with pics on a sheet put in plastic sheet protectors for easy removal)

If you need me to send you a checklist I will, just let me know.

Edited by MrTee12

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

-Ok so both U.S passport and birth certificate? i thought it was only 1 of either. that means i have to get a birth cert because i only have what the hopital gave my mother when i was born.

-both i134 and i864 ?i was told by a friend that it required the i864, and the vj list says its i134. is it one of them or just both? heeh this process very stressful.

-Ok so both U.S passport and birth certificate? i thought it was only 1 of either. that means i have to get a birth cert because i only have what the hopital gave my mother when i was born.

-both i134 and i864 ?i was told by a friend that it required the i864, and the vj list says its i134. is it one of them or just both? heeh this process very stressful.

Typically, I-134 when interviewing (at the embassy) and I-864 when adjusting status (in the US).

The embassy in DR may require I-864 as well (which shouldn't be a big deal - I-134/I-864 aren't terribly different)

Edited by m+p

You are right...either the Birth certificate or Passport

Same goes for the financial forms. I-134 or I-864 but I recommend to have both just in case.

Personally, I wasn't asked for any of these but its good to have for evidence.

Edited by MrTee12

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Is it always good to be well-prepared. For K-1, the affidavit of support that is normally used is the I-134, but you may want to prepare both forms just in case they request it.

Also, bring enough evidence and organized everything for easy access. The interview is super fast, it all happens in 5 min or less once you're in front of a

CO. You don't have to go to the extremes about printing pictures or skype records, but if they start giving you a hard time you'll be happy to have solid evidence to show.

We were not asked for more evidence (CO only said if we had pictures we wanted to show) or the affidavit. BUT every case is DIFFERENT and every CO is also different. Some are very nice and even joke about the interview, others simply don't. I really think if you have a strong relationship (that bears almost 3,000 miles away from each other)and do things the right way, it just shows and everything goes well at the end.

Wish you the best of luck!! :)

K-1
Jul-27-10: Mailed I-129F
Aug-04-10: NOA1
Jan-04-11: Put Service Request in
Feb-01-11: NOA2 (email notification)
Mar-07-11: Interview at SDO Consulate-APPROVED!-
Mar-12-11: POE at JFK
Apr-01-11: Got Married!! heart.gif
Apr-30-11: Wedding party! biggrin.png

AOS
Apr-18-11: Mailed AOS, EAD and AP
Apr-25-11: Email notification of acceptance
May-02-11: NOA1 and Biometrics App letter for May 16 in the mail
May-06-11: Walk-in for Biometrics
May-12-11: I-485 transfered to CSC
Jun-15-11: EAD and AP card production ordered
Jun-21-11: AOS approved!!

ROC

Jun-08-13: Package Sent

Jun-10-13: NOA1

Jun-18-13: Biometrics Appointment Notice

Jul-12-13: Biometrics Appointment

Aug-22-13: Transfer Notice - Case transfered to CSC

Oct-03-13: Approval Notice!!

Oct-05-13: Card sent in the mail

To summarize a bit, and to add some input, you need to bring a duplicate copy of your K-1 packet. Remember, any legal document in your packet such as birth certificate, divorce papers, etc, should be a “certified” copy. Additionally, do not forget the receipt for your medical. The other original receipts should have been sent with your K-1 packet you sent to USCIS. If not, bring all the originals in your K-1 packet. As well, ensure you have your DS-156K, ds-156, and the DS-157 fully filled out and completed. Search and read the instructions on JV for these particular forms. There are certain procedures that need attention regarding them. Above all, have your fiancée prepared to know “everything” about you!

Above all, have your fiancée prepared to know “everything” about you!

I strongly agree! Any information that does not match can be viewed as Red Flags and could delay your visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.