LoveNigarmostyle

Writing to US Senators regarding case, anyone received any assistance or reply?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well it is ok. This whole visa process could get confusing at times. CeCe it is ok. Yes we have passed all that and we are at Embassy level now. Still on AP. I have contacted my Congressman's Office and they are going to look into our case. SO no matter who comes to help, it is welcomed at this point. Senator or Congressman or Superman...I will take it!

:rofl: at least you can keep a sense of humor through it all keep it up this too shall pass :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I contacted my local Congressman after our case had been in AP for 5 months. They did respond about a week later saying they were going to contact the embassy in London and see what the problem was. About 2 weeks later (roughly) they(Congressmen's office) sent me an email saying that our case was in AP and we just need to wait. Well, I had told them from the beginning that our case was in AP so they weren't telling me anything I didn't already know! So basically in my case it was not helpful. I think it is helpful for those who are in the pre interview phase but once you get put in AP you are stuck in a void that nobody can help you with. It takes them ages to run the name checks and if your fiance has a common name it can take months. We are almost at the 7 month mark and I hope you hear something soon and do not have to wait much longer.

I have written to both of my state Senators. I have contacted my Congressman and they know we are in AP for I wrote them a novel with emails from and to the Embassy for them to see what we have been going through. I agree with you about the AP process, I call it the limbo stage, it is the most frustrating. I just had to do something beside sitting here and waiting. This way, I feel as if I am doing all I could on my end to move things along. But ultimately, it will take as long as it will for them to do their check. Neither one of us has a common name. Nothing alarming about us or our names for that matter of fact. Thanks for the reply and the comment. I appreciate your well wishes. Good luck to you too and please let me know what happens with your case. I hope you get out of AP soon.

Timeline

:rofl: at least you can keep a sense of humor through it all keep it up this too shall pass :thumbs:

Girl I don't care who helps at this point, I just want it done. I am relentless and stubborn. I do have a sense of humor, but this AP stage is wiping it out of my system...like a virus LOL

Both my fiance and I, truly appreciate having your support throughout this. Having VJ, and members like you around makes this limbo stage a little easier. Who knows maybe Superman or Wonder Woman will come to our rescue after all? :rofl: God bless. Thanks again.

Timeline

Senators will not and can not interfere with AP.

I have worked with Pat Leahy and his office on severl immigration itmes and two cases (not mine) and they were extremely knowledgable and helpful but AP is something they do not go near. If there is some sort of snafu or they have just lost your case behind a desk or something, they can defitely rattle some cages and get something done. If it is an AP situation you just have to wait.

Thanks for your input. Regardless of what they can or cannot do, I rather do something beside wait and learn about this process, and then help others on VJ or couples traveling down the same road as we are. Without applying pressure on them, this could go on for a long time? I am a tax payer and I have rights, as every US citizen does. The officials work for us, when and if we need their help, they should do their best in assisting us. With that said, I realize "(maybe)" their hands are tied behind their backs as well with AP, and I know it is a process that needs to take its course. But it would be nice to know what that course is after 5 months? Is someone actually working on our case, or is it just sitting on someone's desk and accumulating dust while we wait on pins and needles? 5 months? what the hell is taking them so long when other countries issue the visas within weeks. It has been a YEAR since I applied and eight months since the petition was approve and forwarded for the US Embassy.

Weather it takes a months or a year it is not fair that they target only certain countries and act like "Gods" just because they have power in their hands to say when, who, and how one is accepted. Where is the justice in this? So many families are torn apart because of this AP process, and the waiting game is exhausting.

Out of curiosity, I wonder if you had to wait for your loved one on AP Pat? and how long you were placed on AP if you don't mind me asking? Thanks again.

Timeline

Thanks for your input. Regardless of what they can or cannot do, I rather do something beside wait and learn about this process, and then help others on VJ or couples traveling down the same road as we are. Without applying pressure on them, this could go on for a long time? I am a tax payer and I have rights, as every US citizen does. The officials work for us, when and if we need their help, they should do their best in assisting us. With that said, I realize "(maybe)" their hands are tied behind their backs as well with AP, and I know it is a process that needs to take its course. But it would be nice to know what that course is after 5 months? Is someone actually working on our case, or is it just sitting on someone's desk and accumulating dust while we wait on pins and needles? 5 months? what the hell is taking them so long when other countries issue the visas within weeks. It has been a YEAR since I applied and eight months since the petition was approve and forwarded for the US Embassy.

Weather it takes a months or a year it is not fair that they target only certain countries and act like "Gods" just because they have power in their hands to say when, who, and how one is accepted. Where is the justice in this? So many families are torn apart because of this AP process, and the waiting game is exhausting.

Out of curiosity, I wonder if you had to wait for your loved one on AP Pat? and how long you were placed on AP if you don't mind me asking? Thanks again.

Sorry for the name confusion. I realized it after the post.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The problem with immigration is it isn't a right to bring a foreign person into the US. You have officially asked for permission to bring a non USC person into the US. The US is checking to see if it wants to say yes or no to that request. Certain countries have earned a spot on the "check them out really good" list and undie bomber boy earned Nigeria a spot on that list ( AP was rarer before ) There isn't much to do as the government isn't prone to energenic movement on such things.

Hopefully you are well known amoungst his friends,family and neighbors so the field investigators get the right answer when they are poking about.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

The problem with immigration is it isn't a right to bring a foreign person into the US. You have officially asked for permission to bring a non USC person into the US. The US is checking to see if it wants to say yes or no to that request. Certain countries have earned a spot on the "check them out really good" list and undie bomber boy earned Nigeria a spot on that list ( AP was rarer before ) There isn't much to do as the government isn't prone to energenic movement on such things.

Hopefully you are well known amoungst his friends,family and neighbors so the field investigators get the right answer when they are poking about.

Yes I agree with the "few" that screw up, many must suffer and pay the high price of their mistakes. For those of us, who apply for immigration "legally" it is a joke to go through this whole situation to bring our loved ones here. When the US and Mexico border is letting thousands of illegal immigrants in everyday(and I am being conservative)without AP or this or that. I live in the Southern California and I know this for a fact.

To answer your question about his family, friends and neighbors, I say yes. Even the Embassy got to meet me in person when I was there :):dance: for I paid them a visit too.

Thanks for your thoughts and comments. It is very much appreciated.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Actually, according to the Act of 1952 and the reform act of 1965. It is a RIGHT to bring in your fiance, spouse, and children to the USA to live with you. The condition is, the person is not involved in, has in the past, or is now actively pursuing subversive activities against the US government or other like aligned governments with the USA. Any person who has come to the US and is considered "subversive" can be deported. However, the INA, USCIS, and DHS have been allowed to determine the "allowable" time frame for processing. The ACT of 1952 which is the basis for the USCIS today placed a priority on family first. Since then the 1% of all applications has been attacked, reformed, and slammed upon. there have been amendments, marriage broker revisions, checks mandated, etc. Many things to make the finace, and spousal visa more thorough. Due to these reforms, the original inceptions has been "muddied" and lost. I am hoping my senator will take this up. my senator has already promised an inquiry to the Service Center. but also the Secretary for DHS is from my State. So i have a senator who has sponsored many, many reform bills for immigration reform, plus the Secretary of DHS is from my state. If someone does not hear my cry and those of you who I have heard on here. it is not for lack of trying. I have not only asked my senator for assistance in my case, but assistance from the senate in ALL k1/k3 visa cases at the Service Centers. If a bill can be introduced to mandate immediate family first with application processed in 4 weeks with a maximum 8 weeks or less. the problem the Service centers do not realize is I am from Arizona, Secretary of DHS was the governor of Arizona. the senator doing the inquiry is one of the foremost leaders in the senate for immigration reform plus the senate minority whip from my state. I also worked in DC for many government Bureaus. I was not the person the Service Center wanted to ignore or do a "silent" refusal to expedite on. I am the one who no matter how beat up I am, I will continue until there is reform now. If they had approved my expedite request, I would have gone away silently. The longer I wait, the more I learn. In government, an educated voter who knows and works within the system is what they fear the most.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You have rights, yes. But you are not applying for anything, your foreign fiance(e) is and they have no right to a visa. That is just the truth. AP is considered a matter of national security. Nigeria is an extremely high fraud country...in a class by itself.

They "target" the country because of actions of people that have used that consulate. What would REALLY be unfair would be to inconvenience EVERYONE in the process regardless of the nature of the country they come from.

The fanilies are "torn apart" by the adults decisions to live in separate countries. You are free to saty in Nigeria and wait or even stay there and file for a DCF. There is no government imposed separation.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Actually, according to the Act of 1952 and the reform act of 1965. It is a RIGHT to bring in your fiance, spouse, and children to the USA to live with you. The condition is, the person is not involved in, has in the past, or is now actively pursuing subversive activities against the US government or other like aligned governments with the USA. Any person who has come to the US and is considered "subversive" can be deported. However, the INA, USCIS, and DHS have been allowed to determine the "allowable" time frame for processing. The ACT of 1952 which is the basis for the USCIS today placed a priority on family first. Since then the 1% of all applications has been attacked, reformed, and slammed upon. there have been amendments, marriage broker revisions, checks mandated, etc. Many things to make the finace, and spousal visa more thorough. Due to these reforms, the original inceptions has been "muddied" and lost. I am hoping my senator will take this up. my senator has already promised an inquiry to the Service Center. but also the Secretary for DHS is from my State. So i have a senator who has sponsored many, many reform bills for immigration reform, plus the Secretary of DHS is from my state. If someone does not hear my cry and those of you who I have heard on here. it is not for lack of trying. I have not only asked my senator for assistance in my case, but assistance from the senate in ALL k1/k3 visa cases at the Service Centers. If a bill can be introduced to mandate immediate family first with application processed in 4 weeks with a maximum 8 weeks or less. the problem the Service centers do not realize is I am from Arizona, Secretary of DHS was the governor of Arizona. the senator doing the inquiry is one of the foremost leaders in the senate for immigration reform plus the senate minority whip from my state. I also worked in DC for many government Bureaus. I was not the person the Service Center wanted to ignore or do a "silent" refusal to expedite on. I am the one who no matter how beat up I am, I will continue until there is reform now. If they had approved my expedite request, I would have gone away silently. The longer I wait, the more I learn. In government, an educated voter who knows and works within the system is what they fear the most.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. Very informative and I share your passion and being a go getter instead of just waiting for them to feel like coming to my aid, I feel your drive, and I am on board that train. People who's applications, or I should say visa petition goes through smoothly, don't understand the wait and the torment others feel at any stage of this visa process. Then they feel they have all answers to everything based on their personal views.

WE should start a petition to have the government look into our cases if the Senators don't. I am on board and I want to learn facts and finding out my rights and the rights of others who are on the same boat here. This is not just about me and my fiance anymore, I am pissed and I don't want to silently go away either. So you and I should be in touch. Knowledge is power and I will start researching as well.

I thank you again for your input. Let's keep in touch and informed. Thanks

Timeline

You have rights, yes. But you are not applying for anything, your foreign fiance(e) is and they have no right to a visa. That is just the truth. AP is considered a matter of national security. Nigeria is an extremely high fraud country...in a class by itself.

They "target" the country because of actions of people that have used that consulate. What would REALLY be unfair would be to inconvenience EVERYONE in the process regardless of the nature of the country they come from.

The fanilies are "torn apart" by the adults decisions to live in separate countries. You are free to saty in Nigeria and wait or even stay there and file for a DCF. There is no government imposed separation.

NO one is asking the government to compromise the national security regardless if the beneficiary is or is not from Nigeria. I am for our security 100%. As a US citizen, I also have a right to love and marry whomever I want, and he should not be prevented from entering this country and marry me, just on the bases of being a Nigerian. He has submitted his police report, and my back ground is as clear as a whistle. Neither one of us is a criminal or an outlaw. I assure you.

I am not debating the AP is necessary in some countries, I am challenging its process and the time it takes without them keeping us, the petitioners informed as to what is taking so long and why? I want to know if they are working on our application, then fine. I just don't want our file to be sitting on someone's desk and not being worked on. What can they need to check which would take 5 month? I had my background check done for a job position here in the US, and all it took was few weeks.

I am saddened with your cold response regarding the separation of the families. Government does not impose separation, but it is keeping the families from reuniting in a timely manner with bureaucracy and unnecessary lengthy waits and fees and employees which take their title and abuse it. The Immigration Laws are out of control. No one knows how bad things are being handled in foreign countries, until they go through this process themselves. Did you have the educational level about immigration and its process prior to starting your visa petition?

The world economy is not at its best, even in the US, we are hit hard, imagine in Nigeria? or Ukraine for that matter? are jobs readily available there? Well, with the need of petitioners to have an income and a steady job and a US address wouldn't you say that is impossible?

Thanks again. The greatest thing about our US is the blessing that we each are entitled to our rights and views and opinions. GOD BLESS THE USA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

NO one is asking the government to compromise the national security regardless if the beneficiary is or is not from Nigeria. I am for our security 100%. As a US citizen, I also have a right to love and marry whomever I want, and he should not be prevented from entering this country and marry me, just on the bases of being a Nigerian. He has submitted his police report, and my back ground is as clear as a whistle. Neither one of us is a criminal or an outlaw. I assure you.

I am not debating the AP is necessary in some countries, I am challenging its process and the time it takes without them keeping us, the petitioners informed as to what is taking so long and why? I want to know if they are working on our application, then fine. I just don't want our file to be sitting on someone's desk and not being worked on. What can they need to check which would take 5 month? I had my background check done for a job position here in the US, and all it took was few weeks.

I am saddened with your cold response regarding the separation of the families. Government does not impose separation, but it is keeping the families from reuniting in a timely manner with bureaucracy and unnecessary lengthy waits and fees and employees which take their title and abuse it. The Immigration Laws are out of control. No one knows how bad things are being handled in foreign countries, until they go through this process themselves. Did you have the educational level about immigration and its process prior to starting your visa petition?

The world economy is not at its best, even in the US, we are hit hard, imagine in Nigeria? or Ukraine for that matter? are jobs readily available there? Well, with the need of petitioners to have an income and a steady job and a US address wouldn't you say that is impossible?

Thanks again. The greatest thing about our US is the blessing that we each are entitled to our rights and views and opinions. GOD BLESS THE USA.

My response is factual, not cold, and your argument is not with me. You are not being kept from reuniting with anyone or marrying anyone. YES, you have a right to marry anyone you want, regardless of where they are from. So, what is stopping you? Buy a ticket tonight, go there tomorrow and marry him. Oh, personal finances? Should we change the rules because they do not readily and easily work out with people's persoanl finances?

So.... you want him to come HERE and get married and then you want him to live here as a permanent resident and then become a citizen of the USA? THAT requires you go through this process...which you knew before you started.

Yes, I knew all about the process before I sent the petition and we even had all documentation needed for the interview before we filed for the petition, including documents for the children, notarized permission letters, etc. and it took us nearly 6 months from deciding to get married until we filed the petition. Because Ukraine is sometimes difficult to deal with in getting documents. Big surprise. I imagine Nigeria is far worse. So, yes. I did have that information. (I did not know there was even such a thing as a fiancee visa when I asked her to marry me, but I found out everything before I filed the petition, for the sake of our family)

Adults make decisions that obligate them and others to this process. We all live with our decisions. I feel bad for people that have problems they did not ask for...illnesses, natural disasters and such...but immigration issues are things we decide and follow through on.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

My response is factual, not cold, and your argument is not with me. You are not being kept from reuniting with anyone or marrying anyone. YES, you have a right to marry anyone you want, regardless of where they are from. So, what is stopping you? Buy a ticket tonight, go there tomorrow and marry him. Oh, personal finances? Should we change the rules because they do not readily and easily work out with people's persoanl finances?

So.... you want him to come HERE and get married and then you want him to live here as a permanent resident and then become a citizen of the USA? THAT requires you go through this process...which you knew before you started.

Yes, I knew all about the process before I sent the petition and we even had all documentation needed for the interview before we filed for the petition, including documents for the children, notarized permission letters, etc. and it took us nearly 6 months from deciding to get married until we filed the petition. Because Ukraine is sometimes difficult to deal with in getting documents. Big surprise. I imagine Nigeria is far worse. So, yes. I did have that information. (I did not know there was even such a thing as a fiancee visa when I asked her to marry me, but I found out everything before I filed the petition, for the sake of our family)

Adults make decisions that obligate them and others to this process. We all live with our decisions. I feel bad for people that have problems they did not ask for...illnesses, natural disasters and such...but immigration issues are things we decide and follow through on.

First of all it was cold of you to respond in that manner you did. Slightly callus regardless if you thought it was "the truth". You don't know what other people's situations are? you should not judge or be so harsh. I was making a point based on other VJ members with that situation, and not mine, where families are concerned.

My fiance and I do not have children. "When we marry" is ours to decide. I thank you for giving us your blessing to go ahead and marry. Maybe now that we have your permission, the Embassy will issue us the fiance visa? You have taken this whole issue out of content, and made it your own personal point of view, that is not acceptable. I started this post addressing writing to Senators and etc and how it would help our situation.

Thanks for your thoughts and I am glad your situation was different and worked out for you and your family. I just hope most of us are as lucky.

If you have a positive input, then I welcome it. We live in a free country and you are entitled to your "two cents" worth.

Best of luck! but your input so far has not added any informative or constructive objective which would assist us with the topic.

Timeline

What about extra documents? Proof of relationship? We don't need it, only that they have met for the fiancee visa.

What about the consulates? Consulates do what they do, as I said, some are bastards. They get whatever we get when it is sent on. I can't tell you what NVC and consulates do, I know some are terrible and some are really easy, but I do not know all the details of each. Kiev is easy, western Europe is easy, Nigeria is horrible, but you would not believe the scams from Nigeria, I get jaded. I am surprised a lot of them get visas and then we have to deal with them.

I have to ask for a collegue, Ecuador? Bastards.

good.gif

What about changes? Are there any in the works? Is Obama ouching you guys to work faster? I am not sure Obama knows we exist. There have been no changes and no pressure other than the usual workload and shifting things around. I do not expect any immigration changes in the next year or two, at kleat not in rules or amnesty or anything like that. I do expect FEE INCREASES within the next year...across the board.

How much more? I cannot say, that is not my area, I just hear talk.

He added, "We try not to deny petitions, people really get angry and make lots of trouble. Denials usually come at the consulate or maybe AOS or sometimes even with the I-751. If we deny someone we need good reason, if they meet the criteria, we will approve it, they just have to give us what we need to approve them."

So how can I speed up my petition? laughing.gif You can't really. If it gets to be too long and if you can get a congressman or senator to call, that will get some action, but half the time those guys dont'' call or they do and the petition has only been there 3 months. Sometimes one falls through the cracks, gets overlooked, we are human. A congressman can get through and get them to dig it out if it has been too long, but I wouldn't call that "speeding it up". That's a fix for whn it is too slow.

Dear Gary and Ella,

When I posted this subject about writing to the Senator it's because I was trying to make a point. A congressman can get through and dig for information and a senator as well. If our case has fallen through the cracks then I want my state representatives to make sure it gets the right attention. Regardless what continent or country it is. A case which has been submitted should receive an answer in a timely manner. EVEN if it is Nigeria.

PS, I copy and pasted most of the top info from one of your posts. Thanks.

Edited by LoveNigarmostyle

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.