S and P

What do you do if your 129-F petition expires before you can get an interview?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been reading so much good information here... I'm hoping someone can help with this question..

My finance' is in Canada and he's just received packet 4 telling him he can schedule an interview.. YAY.... but BOOOOO... there are no available appointments.... so it could push this out until June sometime before he can get an interview... BUT.. the 129F petition expires on May 25th.... so now what??? We've done everything as quick as possible on our end... why the heck do they make them only valid for 4 months if the red tape makes it impossible to meet that deadline?? anyhoo...

any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your already at the point to book an interview, you have no problem as they will extend it.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They will extend it for sure :)

Ours was expired and it had no bearing whatsoever.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Practically everybodies expires :) Hands-up if it didn't and you went through Montreal?

:::crickets:::

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Okay thank you so much for your reply! I live in Toronto and Montreal has no appointments available! You think I can transfer my documents to Vancouver and have my interview over there?

No, this isn't possible, unfortunately.

Timeline

i stressed about this too, as our montreal interview ended up being a few weeks after our i-129f petition expired. it was not a problem at our interview at all, and not even mentioned. good luck!

Timeline

my petition expired in December and my interview was almost 4 month after that. It gets automatically extended. as for switching to the Vancouver consulate, you can't do that unless you physically move there.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

my petition expired in December and my interview was almost 4 month after that. It gets automatically extended. as for switching to the Vancouver consulate, you can't do that unless you physically move there.

My finance' talked to someone at the Montreal consulate yesterday regarding the problems with no available appointments in Montreal and the guy he had on the phone asked if he could get to Vancouver, he could schedule him an appointment there.... is this guy wrong???.... where did you hear that you have to actually move there?? We're seriously thinking about him flying all the way out to Vancouver if it's possible....

My finance' talked to someone at the Montreal consulate yesterday regarding the problems with no available appointments in Montreal and the guy he had on the phone asked if he could get to Vancouver, he could schedule him an appointment there.... is this guy wrong???.... where did you hear that you have to actually move there?? We're seriously thinking about him flying all the way out to Vancouver if it's possible....

It is not possible.

Unless you have a physical address there. Interviews at Montreal and Vancouver are decided by the beneficiary's location. There's no choosing an embassy. Sorry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.