carolineden11

No Appointments Available in Montreal

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have a couple concerns about my visa application and I would really appreciate it if either question could be addressed.

1. When I log onto the CSC Visa Information Service and try to look up available appointments it says that "no appointments are available at this time". Are other people seeing this as well or is this just a problem for me? I assume it might have something to do with the government shutdown but I thought this should have been resolved by now.

2. I mailed package 3 back in mid March and still haven't heard anything. Is it normal for them to take a long time to send package 4? When should I expect package 4?

Thank you and best of luck to everyone!

Hi everyone,

I have a couple concerns about my visa application and I would really appreciate it if either question could be addressed.

1. When I log onto the CSC Visa Information Service and try to look up available appointments it says that "no appointments are available at this time". Are other people seeing this as well or is this just a problem for me? I assume it might have something to do with the government shutdown but I thought this should have been resolved by now.

2. I mailed package 3 back in mid March and still haven't heard anything. Is it normal for them to take a long time to send package 4? When should I expect package 4?

Hey :)

I am having the same issue in regards to not seeing appointments. Some of the other members have tried refreshing the page several times and that worked for them. I tried that but still saw the same message.

As for Packet 3, have you called or emailed Montreal to see if they received it? They should also be able to tell you if P4 has been sent out as well.

Best Wishes! >.<

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It could take 2 or 3 weeks for Packet 4 to get sent to you but Montreal won't tell you that - the Department of State will! Call them and do it every day if you can! 202 663 1225.

About the appointment scheduling, who knows, but keep trying! Maybe try during off-peak hours, like late, late at night or early in the morning...?

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

It could take 2 or 3 weeks for Packet 4 to get sent to you but Montreal won't tell you that - the Department of State will! Call them and do it every day if you can! 202 663 1225.

About the appointment scheduling, who knows, but keep trying! Maybe try during off-peak hours, like late, late at night or early in the morning...?

Thank-you for clearing that up, I thought Department of State was the same thing :)

Edited by TheFantastics09

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Hey, I am having the same problem with the scheduling the appointments! I refresh the page all the time, and still nothing. Me and my fiance are thinking to go to Vancouver to do the interview! We waited so long and we cant take it anymore :(

Hi everyone,

Keep trying guys :) I got through and saw a few openings the other day a few times.

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Filed: Timeline

There are still no appointments available in Montreal. I check all the time and keep refreshing the page. Does anyone have any idea what is going on and for how much longer there will be no appointments. I haven't seen any posts about this happening in the past. My fiance is in the Air Force and he is only home for 2 months this fall between deployments. That is a very limited window of opportunity for us to get married. I've read that things can be expedited. Do you think a deployment would be a valid reason to have the process expedited?

There are still no appointments available in Montreal. I check all the time and keep refreshing the page. Does anyone have any idea what is going on and for how much longer there will be no appointments. I haven't seen any posts about this happening in the past. My fiance is in the Air Force and he is only home for 2 months this fall between deployments. That is a very limited window of opportunity for us to get married. I've read that things can be expedited. Do you think a deployment would be a valid reason to have the process expedited?

The process can be expedited, but unfortunately I dont think your fiance going on deployment is reason enough .. I mean, I agree with you, but the US government doesnt. Here is what Montreal says about the issue:

"1. must already have made an appointment at a U.S. Consulate in Canada (even be it on a date too distant to be useful). If there are NO currently available appointments, please note this fact;

2. there should be a valid reason for the request. Likely favorable consideration would be given to the following:

* an immediate relative's death, grave illness or life threatening accident, with the name, relationship, place and description of the matter, attending physician or funeral home's contact information;

* a lost or stolen visa with evidence that it has been reported to the police;

* an unexpected need to travel that is in the national interest of the U.S. (cultural, political, economic or public relations,) and not to the applicant or his/her firm alone;

* a first time applicant for a student (F/M/J) visa whose I-20 or DS-2019 shows a start date that is earlier than the first available appointment; state start date;

* a Visa Waiver Program citizen whose passport is not machine readable;

* a previously issued visa that contains an error."

Hang in there, I know its tough. I thought I would have to wait a long time for my appointment, but it just so happens I have one in two weeks. I hope you are just as lucky.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I disagree (sorta) with Amila - depending on WHERE your fiancé is being deployed, you sometimes *can* get an expedite based on deployment.

My hubby was deploying to a war zone and Montreal expedited my interview appointment. My hubby contacted his state's senator immigration liason, she put in a request with her contact in Montreal explaining that my husband was deploying and that we were requesting an expedite. She had to fax in a copy of his orders and a letter from his Team Sgt and within two days I got an email from Montreal with an interview date (was for two weeks later so I had to hustle lol).

So, I think that deployment is definitely a valid reason for expediting an interview depending on *where* he is being deployed to.

Good luck with everything.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mine was expedite for deployment.

There are A LOT of people on VJ who have been expedite for active duty military deployment. Generally needs to be a combat zone tho not a TDY to vegas =P

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.