ronw

Waiting on Montreal

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone can advise on the following situation. My wife is a US citizen and I am Canadian. We have lived in Canada for 32 years and have applied for me to become a permanent resident in the US via the IR-1.

We applied March 21, 2010. The medical took place in Vancouver on Oct 18, 2010. The X-ray showed a spot on my lung so I needed to get further tests to ensure it wasn't TB. (it isn't!) We had already scheduled the MTL interview for November 21 and booked the flight/hotel so I went ahead with the interview.

The interview went well with the exception of the incomplete medical results plus we didn't have evidence of permanent domicile in the US. I was instructed to submit those documents once the medical results came back negative. The test on my lung took eight weeks to complete.

Once I had all documents requested including the sealed medical results, we packaged them up and sent them via DHL to MTL on January 21, 2011. We were told that it would be approximately 8 weeks until we received my Visa. So far we haven't heard anything. Is there any recourse or is it just a waiting game? We both live here in Canada so it's not an issue of having to meet deadlines but it would be nice to know where we stand. Thanks so much for any advice and/or experience anyone could share.

Coincidence, we sent our medical and other documents to Montreal one day ahead of yours so far we heard nothing.

The 8 weeks is not true.

DOS said it will take 4 months or even more to have someone open our file from the mail room

Very depressing and I don't like the way things are because it hampers my life and plans.

You can't call the embassy by phone or send inquiry letter as no one is dedicated to do the job of answering the phones

They said the only way you can communicate to the MTL embassy is through email and I emailed them since February, nobody reply either

To the extent I have a long history of waiting since then and wait is never ending...I'm pissed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to Canada forum...

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think DoS is exaggerating when they say it can take up to 4 months for Montreal to get to mail from their mail room (see my timeline)... still, it seems all but impossible to get a hold of someone for straight answers on long delays :(

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

try to call dos and ask them if montreal receve your package..i sent my passport on feb 25th n montreal receive it on 1st of march as per DHL..but i called dos today and told me montreal receive my passport yesterday..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think DoS is exaggerating when they say it can take up to 4 months for Montreal to get to mail from their mail room (see my timeline)... still, it seems all but impossible to get a hold of someone for straight answers on long delays :(

Your timeline is for a K-1 theirs is for a spousal visa, this is different and the wait times are longer due to the fact that Montreal is the only consul in Canada that processes spousal visas.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Your timeline is for a K-1 theirs is for a spousal visa, this is different and the wait times are longer due to the fact that Montreal is the only consul in Canada that processes spousal visas.

Oh yes... I did not take that into consideration...

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.