kaleigha

Travel to USA while waiting for NOA2

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello,

I just received my NOA1 last week, and judging by the processing timelines, I'm expecting to get the NOA2 sometime in the fall. We want to spend time together this summer in the USA, my fiance is thinking of staying for the 90 days allowed. Is it okay for him to travel to the USA while we wait for approval?

Sept. 2009- met while studying in Italy
1/3/2011- engaged
3/28/2011- I-129f mailed
4/4/2011- NOA1 email
4/11/2011- NOA1 hard-copy
8/3/2011- NOA2
10/12/2011- Interview and Visa Approval!

January 7 2012- wedding

07/22/14-Mailed I-751 to remove conditions

01/28/2015- removal of conditions approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Apparently we're sharing the same boat :P

Yes, he can travel to you as long as he'll be honest at the POE and will show proofs of strong ties to Italy (a job, mortgage...).

My fiance will be travelling here this summer and personally I am seriously thinking to jump in the plane with him when he needs to go back in the US. We're expecting NOA2 by the end of August too.

If I can throw out there a suggestion, if I was your bf I would book a flight for 2 weeks, and then if you don't have any problem at the POE he can ask for an EOS. I think showing proofs of ties to home when you plan to go back after 3 months is gonna be a little more harsh, but this is just my personal opinion. :yes:

Buona Fortuna!

bannerfbabig1.jpg

Nov 21 '09 - We found each other. ABIG was born

Jan 08 '10 - AB proposed to IG. Happiest Yes ever.

Mar 17 '11 - I-129F sent

Mar 25 '11 - NOA1

Jun 13 '11 - NOA2

July 12 '11 - NVC received

July 19 '11 - NVC sent

Aug 3 '11 - packet 3

Aug 12 '11 - packet 4

Sep 7 '11 - INTERVIEW

Sep 7 '11 - VISA AND HOLY PACKAGE IN HAND <3

Oct 13 '11 - POE

LZhZp2.png

"My heart is there with You, and Yours is here with Me. Our love will protect each and every beat until We reunite"[AB]

Timeline

What is EOS?

Unfortunately my fiance would be quitting his job before coming here(since he will be here for 3 months he thinks he would be fired anyways)and he doesn't have a mortgage...

He has been to the US 4 times in the past year and a half and has never overstayed... would this be evidence?

1/3/2011- engaged
3/28/2011- I-129f mailed
4/4/2011- NOA1 email
8/3/2011- NOA2

January 7 2012- wedding

Timeline

EOS is extention of status. I requested it once, it's not a big deal ;)

On the other hand, I don't think leaving his job will be a good idea.. he'll be questioned at the Port of entry and if he will have to show he doesn't have immigrant intent, and it may be harsh if he doesn't have ties to his home.

No past overstay wont be evidence...They will notice how many times he visited and he'll be more likely questioned about it.

bannerfbabig1.jpg

Mar 17 '11 - I-129F sent

Mar 25 '11 - NOA1

Jun 13 '11 - NOA2

July 19 '11 - NVC sent

Aug 3 '11 - packet 3

Aug 12 '11 - packet 4

Sep 7 '11 - INTERVIEW

Oct 13 '11 - POE

LZhZp2.png

"My heart is there with You, and Yours is here with Me. Our love will protect each and every beat until We reunite"[AB]

Timeline

Hey guys i don't know if this could help but i went visit my fiancè in the States a month after we filed our I-129 petition and i didn't have any problem. The officer asked me a loooot of questions and i just told her the truth, that i was there to visit my fiancè and meet his family for the first time, that he was a military stationed in my town for two years and honestly i didn't have any proof of ties to Italy except for my return ticket...i didn't even have a job at that time. It was a little bit stressful, she said something like "If you don't have a job who paid for your ticket??" but i guess i just got lucky and everything went fine. It was also my first time in the States ever. :)

Timeline

Ok, I've been talking to my fiance about this... we've decided that he will bring with him the copy of the i-129f petition we sent in to prove we are doing this legally (i will also send him a copy of the NOA1 to bring with him), he will bring with him is car insurance bill-showing he has a car and needs to make payments, and he will have a return ticket.

There is just no way for him to get a letter for work, and he doesn't have his own place so he can't show mortgage or anything... but it seems like this might be enough, yes? It seems kind of hit or miss at the POE with people's experiences... He will be flying in to Boston and he has never had trouble there before, just a couple questions

1/3/2011- engaged
3/28/2011- I-129f mailed
4/4/2011- NOA1 email
8/3/2011- NOA2

January 7 2012- wedding

Timeline

Well, good luck on your journey then! Let us know how it goes :thumbs:

bannerfbabig1.jpg

Mar 17 '11 - I-129F sent

Mar 25 '11 - NOA1

Jun 13 '11 - NOA2

July 19 '11 - NVC sent

Aug 3 '11 - packet 3

Aug 12 '11 - packet 4

Sep 7 '11 - INTERVIEW

Oct 13 '11 - POE

LZhZp2.png

Timeline

Thanks everyone for the help and advice!

1/3/2011- engaged
3/28/2011- I-129f mailed
4/4/2011- NOA1 email
8/3/2011- NOA2

January 7 2012- wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

My fiance has been here in USA most of the time with me (we now have a 5 month old son together). We even stated in our letter that he will spend a lot of time back and forth (ours is a little more complicated though as he has 2 kids in France (born and raised). He has gone back and forth to France quite a bit this last year to see his kids and take care of other things. He hasn't actually 'moved' here per say. But he's been honest at the POE each time he's come to the USA. We've never had any issues at all with the CBP officers. Even when he brought his boys with him for Christmas here...it was a breeze (he has a South African passport and his boys French). But to be safe, yes bring those documents with you. SImply answer the officer's questions and have the papers ready if need be. It should be simple. And remind yourself AND the officer it would be stupid to stay here illegally when you've come this far in the process, you'd lose far to much to throw away your chances of a happy/legal life here. best of luck to you guys...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Just thought i would add that i arrived in the US about a week ago for a three month visit with my fiance (while we wait for the NOA2). I arrived at LAX and was asked the purpose of my visit. I stated "visiting my fiance". I was then asked how long i was staying and I stated "i fly home on 29 July 2011". I was then sent right though and had no other questions asked. I wasn't required to show any proof of strong ties to my home country (though i did bring a folder of documents with me just in case).

Timeline

My fiance tried to fly over to the US to visit me last october....he was only going to stay a month and had return tickets and everything. After hours and hours of questions, the border patrol in Detroit didn't let him through and sent him straight back home...didnt even let me see him for a milisecond (and it had been 5 months since had last seen him) :( Long story short, he had to basically just eat the price of that plane ticket. Now i fly over to see him while our visa is processing. Just recieved our noa2 last saturday, so hopefully the madness will at least give me a tracking no. soon!

Timeline
My fiance tried to fly over to the US to visit me last october....he was only going to stay a month and had return tickets and everything. After hours and hours of questions, the border patrol in Detroit didn't let him through and sent him straight back home...didnt even let me see him for a milisecond (and it had been 5 months since had last seen him) :( Long story short, he had to basically just eat the price of that plane ticket. Now i fly over to see him while our visa is processing. Just recieved our noa2 last saturday, so hopefully the madness will at least give me a tracking no. soon!

Stoopid Detroit POE!! They did the same thing to me (it was October also)! Questioned me for 6 hours without even allowing me to let my parents know I was safe in the ground after a 10 hours flight! They were already checking the first flights back to Italy...I was told I "had too many fancy clothes" >_< In the end they couldn't prove anything but to avoid looking like idiots they cut my stay from 90 to 60 days.

I keep pondering about that and I really wouldn't want to go through that hell again.. So maybe Dublin is a good idea, who knows..

bannerfbabig1.jpg

Mar 17 '11 - I-129F sent

Mar 25 '11 - NOA1

Jun 13 '11 - NOA2

July 19 '11 - NVC sent

Aug 3 '11 - packet 3

Aug 12 '11 - packet 4

Sep 7 '11 - INTERVIEW

Oct 13 '11 - POE

LZhZp2.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.