evergreen

Montreal

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've called and e-mailed the Montreal consulate/embassy but received no reply. Has anyone here successfully contacted them and received a reply? Any way to talk to a real live person? It's regarding a I129F/K3 petition that was forwarded to the consulate by the NVC.

Approval Dates:

I130 Approved (NOA2) 7/20/06 (144 Days)

I129 Approved (NOA2) 8/24/06 (41 Days)

Documents we have so far:

Criminal/police record check.

Immunization records/medical history (including negative Tb, HIV, syphyllis, etc).

Chest x-ray.

His birth certificate (long form).

Our marriage certificate.

My divorce decree.

Our passports.

Wedding photos, cards, credit cards, health insurance, evidence of legitimate marriage.

Notarized I-134 and supporting documents.

Notarized I-184 and supporting documents.

Five additional passport photos each.

Questions: See "Married on Visitor Visa"post

You need to call between 2pm and 4pm ET. If you are on hold and it's 4pm, they won't take that call. When you call, it will give you a list of options, I think. They will say call back between 2 and 4...but if it is between that time hold for the next operator." If you don't hear that, push sero for an operator and tell them what you want to know and they can transfer you to the right extension.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I emailed them many times never got a reply but when I phoned I would phone either Wed. or Thurs. for some reason if I phoned at3:45 I always got right through, this might just be a fluke thing but it worked for me.

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Think I have had extreme luck on my side with emailing them. I email with the MTL case # in the subject and I get a reply the same day if I send it early in the morning.

I have only called once and I did it right at 2pm and I was again lucky my call was taken in about three mins.

Good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I emailed with case # and got response. if I didnt pu in the case # i didnt get a response!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I always got a reply back from an email also. Plus I have called and talked to a person not a recording.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I always put in the case number but never did get any response. Guess it depends on what your asking and if they know the answer. However, when I received the wrong package three , I emailed them , didn't get a response but mysteriously got a new packet three pretty fast from the email.

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

I phone them regularly these days since NVC has misplaced our file - the most I've ever waited was 30 minutes on hold, but most often it's 5-10 minutes, even calling right at 2pm ET.

My fiancé emailed them once and got a reply the next day, he put the case number in as the subject of the email.

K-1 Visa (176 days)

18 Apr 2006 - NOA1

Lost case file, congressman intervention...

4 Oct 2006 - Interview Day! Approved!

AOS/EAD/AP

23 Jan 2007 - NOA for EAD & AOS

2 Feb 2007 - NOA for AP

Wrong A# printed on my visa, find out I have 2 A#s (both different from # on visa), case sent to storage before green card was made...

29 Dec 2007 - Green Card Received!

K-1 Visa Part II (uh oh)

30 Aug 2008 - Second Packet 3 received (umm?)

12 Feb 2009 - Montreal requests copy of green card to close file (sent)

24 Apr 2009 - CRIS notice saying my case is being reviewed. (eek!?)

I-751 (141 days)

4 Sep 2009 - Documents mailed to VSC

9 Sep 2009 - Documents stamped received at VSC

14 Sep 2009 - NOA received

23 Sep 2009 - Biometrics letter received

15 Oct 2009 - Biometrics appointment

13 Jan 2010 - Card Production Ordered!

22 Jan 2010 - New Green Card Received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have had success with email...was turned around in a matter of hours. Was just a general inquiry though, nothing case related.

K-1/K-2 Visas

April 20 2006 ~NOA1

July 05 2006 ~IMBRA RFE

Aug 14 2006 ~RFE (further proof of meeting)

Aug 18 2006 ~Approved NOA2 (Day 120)

Oct 10 2006 ~packet 4 received

Nov 14 2006 ~Montreal interview (expedited due to child aging out) SUCCESS :)

Nov 15 2006 ~Pick up visas

Nov 16 2006 ~Fly to San Francisco from Mtl

Nov 18 2006 ~Wedding

AOS/EAD/AP

Dec 18 2006 ~Documents filed

Dec 22 2006 ~NOA1

Jan 10 2007 ~Biometrics appointment

Mar 07 2007 ~AOS interview San Francisco-SUCCESS :)

Mar 19 2007 ~Received Green Cards

I-130 for Daughter

July 28 2007 ~Documents filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.