YOUTOO

Really, the same questions all over?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I am thinking about applying for Citizenship later this year. Just looking at the forms makes me realize that the questions are either exactly the same or at least very similar to what we already answered for the CR1 and the Removal of Conditions. Hard to believe it, but do I really have to go through the same thing all over again? Don't they have everything twice already on file? I am afraid to read your responses.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, they have access to your complete file. However, not everyone takes the same path to citizenship as you may have. The questions may be redundant but are answered based on the immigration benefit being applied for at that time. If important to the current step in the process, they will be asked again.

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes, many are similar to past petitions. There is also another set of biometrics.

Each step/petition/application is its own entity and requires specific documentation.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am thinking about applying for Citizenship later this year. Just looking at the forms makes me realize that the questions are either exactly the same or at least very similar to what we already answered for the CR1 and the Removal of Conditions. Hard to believe it, but do I really have to go through the same thing all over again? Don't they have everything twice already on file? I am afraid to read your responses.

First there's nothing that says you have to become a citizen so you have the freedom to not have to go thru the terrible experiance again. You could attempt to change the system & tell them to review your files & forward the citizenship documents to you.

Or you could look at the citizenship test as a simple inconvience which you dont need to prepare for at all. You should be able to run thru the test in a few minutes with no problem. That small investment of your time would allow you to become what millions can only dream of. Only YOUTOO can decide what is important to YOUTOO.

Most people have a profound respect for the privilage of becoming a citizen of this great nation. I know I do & already have more freedom than I ever had in my life.

Edited by Ning

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

YES.

One of the 'cool things' about being 'in the game'

is that

It's really frickin simple - you

PULL THE FILE COPIES

of everything you've filed, sit down with the new forms, and transpose information.

Don't have file copies????

Shame Shame :D

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If you have your spouses I-130 and G325A on your computer, your I-485, G-325A, and I-751, pretty much becomes a copy and paste operation with some minor updating.

I was dealing with an attorney for our AOS and had to scan a whole bunch of stuff, divorce paper, etc. so I could e-mail those to him. Then went ahead and scanned everything additional for the ROC stage, so had that on the computer as well. Had all our tax returns on the box and even sent the USCIS updated information since they were dragging their feet for 14 months with our ROC.

So just got a ream of paper, filled my cartridge with toner and went to town so to speak. Not one bit of new evidence went and this redefines the meaning of redundancy.

If all this sounds like too much, just wait another couple of years to file, stepdaughters five year barely took two first class stamps to mail off. Wife needed a wheel barrel to haul hers to the post office.

Filed: Other Timeline

Yes,

and because you do not want to be caught giving a different answer to a question you answered before in your immigration journey, you will fill out your N-400 with your open folder labeled "USCIS" next to you.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes,

and because you do not want to be caught giving a different answer to a question you answered before in your immigration journey, you will fill out your N-400 with your open folder labeled "USCIS" next to you.

We went through a lot of work and expense correcting her government made errors in such things as her divorce, birth certificates, previous marriage certificate, etc. stuff. And trying to look up dates she moved from A to B over her history. We can't even tell you which movie we watched last night, but going back years was a major problem during the AOS. But it was all done for the N-400.

I used my 20" hi res Viewsonic monitor that I normally used with Acad with a split screen, just copied and pasted from left to right. Used Adobe Acrobat Pro that automatically resizes the font size so it fits perfectly in those smaller fields. Especially for those super long Spanish names. Can't do that with that free reader, call that formmanship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.