astrlsrfr

Notarizations?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I've seen a lot of chatter on here about notarazing documents. Is this an artifact of the past, or is it still required? Looking at the:

p4 instructions: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/hochiminh/174995/iv-forms/K-Appointment-122020-2.pdf

i134 instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

...it does not seem to be a requirement anywhere. In fact, the i-134 instructions explicitly state you don't need to notarize.

Also.. what is the deal with the relationship timeline? This is also not something I see being asked for in the instructions. Is that something that they only ask for in certain situations?

I have emailed HCMC with these questions, but of course.. 3 weeks gone by with no response.

TIA for any help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thing of the past, I-134, nor anything attached to it needs to be notarized. Has not needed to be notarized since USCIS updated the form about 2 years ago.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

I've seen a lot of chatter on here about notarazing documents. Is this an artifact of the past, or is it still required? Looking at the:

p4 instructions: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/hochiminh/174995/iv-forms/K-Appointment-122020-2.pdf

i134 instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

...it does not seem to be a requirement anywhere. In fact, the i-134 instructions explicitly state you don't need to notarize.

Also.. what is the deal with the relationship timeline? This is also not something I see being asked for in the instructions. Is that something that they only ask for in certain situations?

I have emailed HCMC with these questions, but of course.. 3 weeks gone by with no response.

TIA for any help.

The timeline is a consulate specific. They may request for it on the interview date. They may or may not take it. They may also give a blue slip requiring additional documents which the timeline could be one of it. It's a stall tactic that the consulate use. The timeline needs to be notarized. The I-134 does not. Whether or not they take the timeline, always have one ready.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The only things that could need to notarized are documents requested on a blue slip at the interview... this is fairly common at HCMC since more than half of the interviews there get blue slips.. and includes any statement/affidavit made by you or another party... such as a timeline of the relationship, or list of relatives in the US, residency for the past 10 years or documentation of a former spouses residence...

Many here have these documents ready prior to the interview so there wont be a scramble to get them should they be requested... a notarization in the states is usually free at banks.. but it costs 50 bucks at the consulate...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

for the fiance(e)/beneficiary timeline...i'm thinking that should be in vietnamese, and must be notarized at a HCM place and not in america by me? so my fiancee will have a handwritten 10-year residency, is that ok?

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

for the fiance(e)/beneficiary timeline...i'm thinking that should be in vietnamese, and must be notarized at a HCM place and not in america by me? so my fiancee will have a handwritten 10-year residency, is that ok?

The timeline is normaly created by the USC not the beneficiary.. there is an additional VN version that some used to create a few years ago to have the beneficiary prepared for the interview, but that was not submitted.. They dont require the 10 yr residency to be notarized, but it cant hurt to do it given the nature of the document.. it just adds credibility to the document..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't notarize my 10 years residency or my timeline. HCM didn't look at them. My personal experience is a bit of luck of the draw and the mood of the Consulate officer determines the future of your life.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Timeline

Thanks all very kindly. I also observed on these very forums that some people do those documents in advance, but the COs often won't accept them until the next interview anyway - and many actually report a pink or blue slip already on the counter before the interview begins. IMHO, it seems like they are often just making their minds up in advance & more interested in just making you wait than the actual documents. That poor Consulate just seems like its inundated & they just don't have the resources to allocate for proper interviews sometimes.

Does anyone know of a case where someone brought these extra documents , they got looked at and got pink - and if so, were they notarized?

I already have both 10 yr residencies & her USA family ties done. I plan also to create the timeline one in advance. I guess it kinda makes sense to do the notarization as well on the off chance it might help. We are waiting for packet 4 now. :whistle:

Edited by astrlsrfr

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.