DavidandIrina

Best way to meet a Ukrainian/Russian (and cheapest)

401 posts in this topic

Now in case anyone hasn't figured it out, Eduard's posts were advertisements for a service he provides in order to make money. They should be taken as such.

They were

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Once again Gary, I agree with you! :thumbs: I never lived in the Ukraine, but been there 29 times. I have been fortunate enough to meet good friends and learn about their culture. You are absolutely correct on the fact that most of the women will not leave their country, nor wait for a foreigner. Though Odessa girls might want you to take then to Steak House for dinner, then send you back to your country. :rofl: I love all my Odessa women! :thumbs: Point is, everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Not all FSU countries contain only scammers, you just have to be intelligent enough to understand that it might happen and be on guard. Everyone has different paths they choose to follow to find the one or the ones! :whistle: I had a combination of ways that I reached mine, just like others will have theirs. It was a great journey for me and I even had some scammers in the mix, but it was a lot of fun! :thumbs:

I think the US probably tops the world in scammers in general. Americans will scam the government, insurance companies, the cable TV company and the pizza delivery man, they will whine about anything they can imagine and demand monetary compensation for it, at least a hefty credit on their account.

I would guess most of the internet scammers in the FSU countries are not even women and anyone dumb enough to send that kind of money gets what they pay for.

I know a lot of the women in Odessa were just out for a good time on someone else's dime. and I was glad to fill that niche. Most were quite willing to reciprocate and it was all just fun.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I read somewhere that such a bill was introduced, probably by Zhirinovsky, but it didn't make it past the Duma.

That was about two years ago, right? I remember it being laughed at and struck down. But, I wonder now with the population declining so rapidly and the "talent" going overseas, if we'll see increased support for something like this in the future.

I think the US probably tops the world in scammers in general.

The sad thing is we legalized it.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I found my Veronika through the Elena's Model's website and was very pleased with the selection on the site... www.elenasmodels.com

I was chatting with several women at once until I narrowed it down fairly quick after a month. :)

I paid for the 3 month unlimited deal with a special to give me 3 more months free... I could've gotten by with a smaller plan if I wanted to but I didn't know what to expect.

Ukraine babes rule!

Make sure you update your timeline!

I used a U.S. company to visit Ukraine and their tour was great. IMO that is still the best way for a guy to meet a lot of women in a short time. That being said, the trip is not the end of the search, but just the beginning. The tours are just to introduce two people. It is up to the people to decide if there is enough interest to continue the learning process. If you go to a RUB country thinking that you are going to the Woman Store for your purchase, you are just looking for trouble. You need to get past all the hype and realized that you are looking for someone to love, who will also love you. Age differences generally are not a problem, unless you try to stretch it too far. But again, that depends upon the people involved.

The guy needs to keep reminding himself that she is still a woman with wants, needs and desires of all women. She is not your toy, she is not desperate to leave her country and she is not looking to come to America with its streets of gold. Of course, I assume that we speak of women seriously interested in finding a life partner. If you go into this adventure without your eyes open and a commitment to understanding the differences in cultures and how all of this can work together, then prepare for disappointment. :thumbs:

I used a U.S. company to visit Ukraine and their tour was great. IMO that is still the best way for a guy to meet a lot of women in a short time. That being said, the trip is not the end of the search, but just the beginning. The tours are just to introduce two people. It is up to the people to decide if there is enough interest to continue the learning process. If you go to a RUB country thinking that you are going to the Woman Store for your purchase, you are just looking for trouble. You need to get past all the hype and realized that you are looking for someone to love, who will also love you. Age differences generally are not a problem, unless you try to stretch it too far. But again, that depends upon the people involved.

The guy needs to keep reminding himself that she is still a woman with wants, needs and desires of all women. She is not your toy, she is not desperate to leave her country and she is not looking to come to America with its streets of gold. Of course, I assume that we speak of women seriously interested in finding a life partner. If you go into this adventure without your eyes open and a commitment to understanding the differences in cultures and how all of this can work together, then prepare for disappointment. :thumbs:

Well said! :thumbs: No such toy store exists in RUBland.

September 7, 2009 - met Lena online
October 20, 2010 - First Meeting in Kharkov
Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
December 3, 2010 - Filed I-129F
December 16, 2010 - NOA-1 notification
December 30, 2010 - Second Visit to Kharkov
February 8, 2011 - Touched
April 18, 2011 - NOA-2 notification
April 18, 2011 - Petition at NVC
April 25, 2011 - Medical Exam
April 26, 2011 - Received at Embassy
April 27, 28, 29, 2011 - Repeat medical (passed medical)
May 5, 2011 - Packet #4 received by mail in Ukraine
June 17, 2011 - Interview scheduled 9:00 AM
June 17, 2011 - Visa approved
June 18, 2011 - Interview Review posted
July 11, 2011 - POE - Detroit
July 17, 2011 - Applied for Marriage License
July 17, 2011 - Applied for SSN
August 17, 2011 - Married in Russian Orthodox Church - Detroit
November 11, 2011 - Submitted AOS/EAD/AP
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1
February 7, 2012 - Still no Biometrics appointment
February 10, 2012 - Service Request - no Biometrics appointment to date
February 29, 2012 - Infopass appointment Detroit (no Biometrics appointment letter - over 40 days)
March 9, 2012 - Biometrics
March 12, 2012 - EAD card production email received
March 23, 2012 - EAD received
March 24, 2012 - AOS interview appointment for April 24, 2012 (Detroit)
April 24, 2012 - AOS approved!
May 2, 2012 - 2 year provisional Green Card received
June 2, 2012 - First job - Russian Kindergarden in Oak Park, Michigan

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Nov 3, 2014 - Case moved to Detroit Field Office

Dec 29, 2014 - ROC Interview - Detroit Field Office

Feb 16, 2015 - I-751 approved after 2nd interview

Feb 18, 2015 - I 551 stamp in passport

Mar 5, 2015 - 10 year Permanent Resident Status

WOW!!!!! Someone finally has spoken the truth!!!! I've got a bunch of jealous office folks that when I tell them this, they are like, mail order brides. Then the guys find me later and say what do I have to do to get one like that!!! :rofl: I tell them make sure you have a lot of patience, time, respect for their custom and ear plugs!!!! :rofl:

:ot2:

So, tell your friend to make his plans. This is the time of the year to go meet the ladies. The days are warm and long, the flowers are blooming and so are the women. Tell him, this will be the first visit, but not the last. He needs to go with open eyes, have a way of meeting a lot of women and have a translator he can trust. Writing through the internet, whether with a service or some other chat room will not take the place of face to face meetings. He should see about getting the book, To Russia for Love. It is a bit dated now, but still has lots of good advice.

Tell him to pack his bags! :D

Timeline

WOW!!!!! Someone finally has spoken the truth!!!! I've got a bunch of jealous office folks that when I tell them this, they are like, mail order brides. Then the guys find me later and say what do I have to do to get one like that!!! :rofl: I tell them make sure you have a lot of patience, time, respect for their custom and ear plugs!!!! :rofl:

I think many of us have been speaking the truth for a long time. I haven't seen any of the experienced (ie., married for some time to a RUB woman) members ever say they are "Stepford wives" They aren't even for beginners! :lol:

It seems to be very simple. RUB women have to respect their husband and be comfortable with him and feel safe with him. Safe meaning that he makes for her a good home. He does things for her because he loves her and makes her his priority. THEN she will do anything she CAN do to make his life pleasureable, warm and cozy. But it is not free and it is not "one way" If you think you will marry one of these hot looking sex toys, get what you want whenever you want it and then leave her for your beer buddies or make her a "football widow"...forget it.

Gary And Alla

It seems to be very simple. RUB women have to respect their husband and be comfortable with him and feel safe with him. Safe meaning that he makes for her a good home. He does things for her because he loves her and makes her his priority. THEN she will do anything she CAN do to make his life pleasureable, warm and cozy. But it is not free and it is not "one way" If you think you will marry one of these hot looking sex toys, get what you want whenever you want it and then leave her for your beer buddies or make her a "football widow"...forget it.

Gary,

That's what a lot of us have been saying, but so often we are interpreted to be selfish pigs and we have subservient wives. :rofl: :rofl:

Timeline

Gary,

That's what a lot of us have been saying, but so often we are interpreted to be selfish pigs and we have subservient wives. :rofl: :rofl:

Of course. Usually by jealous women who speak English as a primary (only) language or the men that married them and found out later they coulda had a RUB woman? So then they have to belittle us by insulting other women. :wacko:

There is nothing at all selfish about having a RUB wife, quite the opposite. Selfish men need not apply.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think many of us have been speaking the truth for a long time. I haven't seen any of the experienced (ie., married for some time to a RUB woman) members ever say they are "Stepford wives" They aren't even for beginners! :lol:

Nice post! I do think that a lot of the Russian Women dating sites and agencies tend to portray RW almost as real life Stepford wives who want nothing more than to be a 1950's style housewife, raise a family, dote over her husband and have sex every night until he drops. Submissive is one description that to me is the furtherist thing from the truth there is. RW tend to be very strong willed and as opposite from submissive as could be. To me they are really family oriented but the dream life for most is not sitting home playing Susie homemaker. I do think the agenices and web sites create some misconseptions in the way they portray RW.

Sometimes I stop in often and sometimes I miss for a while. I missed Eduards incarnation here. I know Eduard pretty well from some of the other forums I visit. He is a good guy and runs a great service but has gotten himself in trouble a few places for over promotion of his services. I see his stay here was short lived. To me he would be wasting his time here. It would sort of be like a Mormon missionary attending services at the Church of Latter Day Saints in Salt Lake City looking for people to convert to the Mormon religion.

HappyGuy, your post about using a tour made me curious. I am wondering whose tour you went on to find your wife? My reason for asking is just I have seen so few have success with tours. I went on four tours myself. I will say I came back thinking I had found the right woman but all I ever really found was scammers. I have only seen one tour that I thought was good and would recommend and I am just curious which one you had good results with.

Edited by Turboguy

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Hi Turboguy, nice to see you back. I didn't mention the name because they are no longer in the tour business. They were called European Connections out of Atlanta. They decided to drop the tours when it started to become too expensive. The best thing about their socials was the time of day and site. They were held in hotel conference rooms and usually from about 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. You didn't have to worry about poor lighting, loud music and the bar atmosphere, like other socials. I was sorry to see them drop the tours, but they decided to go another direction. :wacko:

But I still think the best method is to meet as many women as you can and start getting to know them. I think many of the so called marriage brokers have gone to using letters as their main form of revenue generation and as a result encourage both sides to write instead of face to face meetings. That's why I recommended the Kiev Connections in the first place. They are pretty small and arrange personal meetings. Their selection is small in comparison to others, but the personal service seems to be the winning point. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.