ateneaalexander

this is driving me crazy

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i know im not the only one going throu this but theres days where i feel like i cant do it anymore :( me and my fiance been apart for along time firts deployment and now this visa thing. He came visit me 4 months ago for 20 days and they were amazing :D but i was really depressed after he left, the other day he got an email from the congress man he said that he check our status and that we should be good and that processing of this application should be complete by July those were his words but i dont know if i should trust those words they sure gave us hope and we even decided to plan our wedding and get married july 28th since july 28 2009 was when we start dating :). have anybody feel like giving up? i sure have but i know this is worth it and soon we will be together and start our family :).

[*]june2009: met online

[*]july 28 2009: start dating

[*]october 09 2009: met in person

[*]oct 11 2009:he proposed :D i know crazy lol

[*]october 28 2009: deployment to iraq :(

[*]november 05 2010: visit to mexico for 20 days :D

[*]november 25 2010: last time i hold him :(

[*]january 18 2011: k-1 sent

[*]feb 09 2011:NOA1

[*]june 03 2011: NOA2 :D

[*]july 1st 2011: packet 3 yayy

[*]august 18 2011: interview! hoping for the best

[*]august 18 2011: APROVED :D

[*]sepyember 3 2011: POE

[*]september 6 2011: marriage yayy

jXxLm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you are already feeling like giving up, you may want to think really hard about things. Marrying military means marrying someone that belongs to someone else.

He will be deploying a lot and leaving a lot and gone for long periods of time. It does not get any easier when you marry and are in the USA and he leaves for 6 months deployment. Comes home for a few weeks to a couple months then leaves again.

We did long distance relationship for 3 years before we married, he was deploying A LOT. He still deploys a lot and did so right after we got married in the USA. It sucks, he just got back a few weeks ago from a deployment and hes leaving again soon. Be prepared, military wife is a lonely life, we sacrifice a lot.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with what Inky has said. My husband and I have been together for 5 years this December. Out of those 5 years, he has been deployed, gone for training/schools more than THREE years. Being a military spouse is not any easier once you're living in the US. It's tough to be sure, and I miss him like crazy when he's gone but I knew what I was getting when I married a soldier.

Good luck with everything!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

ohh i know lol never ill give up i love him way too much but thank you :)

[*]june2009: met online

[*]july 28 2009: start dating

[*]october 09 2009: met in person

[*]oct 11 2009:he proposed :D i know crazy lol

[*]october 28 2009: deployment to iraq :(

[*]november 05 2010: visit to mexico for 20 days :D

[*]november 25 2010: last time i hold him :(

[*]january 18 2011: k-1 sent

[*]feb 09 2011:NOA1

[*]june 03 2011: NOA2 :D

[*]july 1st 2011: packet 3 yayy

[*]august 18 2011: interview! hoping for the best

[*]august 18 2011: APROVED :D

[*]sepyember 3 2011: POE

[*]september 6 2011: marriage yayy

jXxLm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thread moved from the AOS from a work, student or visitor visa forum to the K-1 forum as OP is still waiting for a K-1 visa and is not adjusting status (yet :) ).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

i know im not the only one going throu this but theres days where i feel like i cant do it anymore :( me and my fiance been apart for along time firts deployment and now this visa thing. He came visit me 4 months ago for 20 days and they were amazing :D but i was really depressed after he left, the other day he got an email from the congress man he said that he check our status and that we should be good and that processing of this application should be complete by July those were his words but i dont know if i should trust those words they sure gave us hope and we even decided to plan our wedding and get married july 28th since july 28 2009 was when we start dating :). have anybody feel like giving up? i sure have but i know this is worth it and soon we will be together and start our family :).

Having made a few years into this, I can tell you that waiting for the petition is NOTHING (and it has NOTHING to do with I only waited two months) Bringing a spouse or family here from a foreign country is the most enormous undertaking you will ever do. I have built tall buildings from a hole in the ground to finish and that is easier.

You are not waiting for a prom date, this is a lifelong commitment that will be a big part of your life every day.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I agree with what everyone is saying. This process to get your partner over is a huge undertaking and a huge commitment. I think that waiting and being apart will only make you appreciate what you have when you get it....and make you two stronger. Its hard, but well worth it! I tell my fiance that I would rather be waiting like this for him than have anyone else in this world every day. We have seen each other 15 days in the whole year, so love those 20 days you had 4 months ago!

Its worth it! Hang in there! :thumbs:

K1 PROCESS:

11/1/10: NOA1 Received

4/14/11: NOA2 - Approved!!!!

8/18/11: Visa in hand

8/29/11: POE in ATLANTA!!!!

9/16/11: Married!!!

AOS PROCESS:

10/4/11: Social Security Card Arrived!

11/10/11: AOS Package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

11/19/11: NOA1

12/2/11: Biometrics

12/10/11: Case transferred to the California Service Center

03/06/12: EAD approved and card production!

03/14/12: EAD card in hand!

08/04/12: Green card in production!

08/09/12: Green card in hand!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Don't plan anything. Didn't you realize that you'd have to wait?

We did and made the best of it; we didn't let this affect our relationship and you shouldn't either.

There is nothing you can do but wait, and keep planning your future.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

ohh i know lol never ill give up i love him way too much but thank you :)

Marrying a military man is not easy....be prepared to be alone for a while. Sacrifice comes with marrying a military man. If you love him stay with him and give him the support he did while he is gone. Learn to be independent. Keep yoursef busy while you both are separated. Goodluck to both of you....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.