bradcanuck

Off to England I go

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey folks. My USCIS journey is almost over but I can't wait any longer to accept offer. I was offered a position in England (as some of you know) and I have accepted it so I leave at the end of April. My Canadian passport is with the British High Commission in Ottawa and I am waiting for the visa to come back next week.

I hope to check in with VJ when I go to my Oath in the states (whenever that is!!) but if I am not back for awhile (or ever) I wanted to say:

Thank you for everyone's help over the years. Your advice, calming power, and knowledge have helped me stay sane and helped me improve my life significantly. Without my fellow Canadians here I would be a wreck and probably in an immigration prison (kidding but you know). Also something that makes me happy is coming back and always seeing my baby living on (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/92474-the-vent/) ;)

See you all on the other side and I wish you the very best in your own journeys, WHEREVER life may take you. Remember that life is a journey and it's our duty as humans to take advantage of everything life has to offer.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Timeline

No need for luck, you have some great sounding opportunities in front of you dude! I am jealous!

Be sure to pick a football team (Man U is awesome) to root for and head for the pitch!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Best of luck with everything that lies ahead for you Brad. I like your philosophy :yes: . Thank you, as well, for all of your contributions to VJ.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Good luck Brad. Safe travels and enjoy!

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Kick some butt and enjoy the ride.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Congrats. Stay safe and enjoy yourself :P

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Have a wonderful time! What a great experience, don't forget about good ole' VJ :thumbs:

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

Timeline

My visa was approved... yes seriously. It took 20 hours. THAT'S how a country should work. *swears full voice at USCIS*

In the words of Brad Pitt: "A river dar chi"

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wait you are residing and working outside of the US while still on a Green Card without yet being a USC? Bad move if you do this before you get your Oath ceremony because that can put a huge wrench into your Oath. If found residing and working abroad before you get your Oath, you could be immediatley denied since they will inquire if anything has changed in your residency at the actual oath ceremony.

Not sure if I was reading what you were saying was right, but that's how it seemed. Anyways hate to put a blanket over the flame here, but if it's how I think it is, you could be in for a real bad suprise...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline

Wait you are residing and working outside of the US while still on a Green Card without yet being a USC? Bad move if you do this before you get your Oath ceremony because that can put a huge wrench into your Oath. If found residing and working abroad before you get your Oath, you could be immediatley denied since they will inquire if anything has changed in your residency at the actual oath ceremony.

Not sure if I was reading what you were saying was right, but that's how it seemed. Anyways hate to put a blanket over the flame here, but if it's how I think it is, you could be in for a real bad suprise...

Warlord could be on to something here. Was back in Dec 2008 my ceremony, but I recall on the "invitation" paperwork (cant recall exact name of it) It does (I think) ask about any visits outside the USA, any addrerss changes. I could be wrong, but I recall a USCIS lady Yelling something out among us,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Warlord could be on to something here. Was back in Dec 2008 my ceremony, but I recall on the "invitation" paperwork (cant recall exact name of it) It does (I think) ask about any visits outside the USA, any addrerss changes. I could be wrong, but I recall a USCIS lady Yelling something out among us,lol

Yes you have to mention all your trips outside of the US from the interview to the Oath. People have been denied the Oath on the day of the Oath because they had left and come back just for the Oath and they had gone over their residency thing. Plus anytime anyone on a Green Card (regardless of where you are in the process) takes up and resides in another country without filing in the proper paper work (re-entry permit) etc can possibly get an abandonment of the Green Card.

A friend at their oath saw someone get pulled out in the middle of the ceremony for something like that. Plus I think you still have to be residing in that same jurisdiction too if I'm not mistaken. Not 100% on that part though. But yes if they find out about you no longer living in the US at your Oath, then that could be big problems...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.