Shergar

heading home and getting read to start the process

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey everyone,

So we got married on the 26th March on Hilton Head Island SC, with all our family including mine from Ireland, I have spoken with a lawyer about our options and we have decided that I will return to Ireland and I will file from there while my beautiful wife remains in Boston.

I am flying out in May and was just wondering when we should start to file? I will send all our documents to the lawyer to go through and check, however I am unsure whether to send them to the USCIS until I have left the country.

This is going to be a tough time having to be apart from my wife after only 2 months of marriage but it is a necessary evil I guess and we have been apart for long periods before while I undertook my masters in Belgium so we are remaining very positive.

Any help is appreciated and thank you and good luck in your own visa journey's in advance.

Cheers

Brian & Ashley

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone,

So we got married on the 26th March on Hilton Head Island SC, with all our family including mine from Ireland, I have spoken with a lawyer about our options and we have decided that I will return to Ireland and I will file from there while my beautiful wife remains in Boston.

I am flying out in May and was just wondering when we should start to file? I will send all our documents to the lawyer to go through and check, however I am unsure whether to send them to the USCIS until I have left the country.

This is going to be a tough time having to be apart from my wife after only 2 months of marriage but it is a necessary evil I guess and we have been apart for long periods before while I undertook my masters in Belgium so we are remaining very positive.

Any help is appreciated and thank you and good luck in your own visa journey's in advance.

Cheers

Brian & Ashley

Your wife needs to file CR1 now while you are here get it started. You don't file she does as she is the USC? yes. I take it you came to the US to marry that was your purpose and you know that now filing a spousal visa is the way to go yes? Good on you so glad to see someone doing it the legal way and I can't even imagine being apart from my spouse after marriage to get a visa knowing it is going to be months before it is approved. Hence we went the 129f route. I wish you all the very best and hope that she can come visit you while this process is happening.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Thank you Barbara J, yes we both felt the most legal and less risky route was the best, it pains me to say that as I feel I have been away from her enough but I would never jeopardize the great career she has built for herself by asking her to move to Ireland, if anyone can get through it we can thought and we will do it with a smile! plus we can rack up some good savings in the time the process is going on and get a nice wee place in the sun :lol: we are reading this together and going through the forms in order to get started, so exciting, once again thanks for the heads up and all the best xxx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Youre in the same spot I was (about 5 months ago!) We married and Nick sent off the packet about a week after the wedding just as soon as we got the marriage certificate through the post!

I wasnt there for long afterwards but sent it about a week before I left. Just make sure on the I-130 you put how you entered the US, and in one of the questions it asks what consulate you will be applying at, or if youre AOS-ing, so thats where they will know that you are going CR-1.

It sucks being apart after marrying, but to be honest im (trying!) to use this time to get my stuff at this end together before the move. Not that youll have this problem but changing my name on everything is a feat in itself! And Nicks certainly happy hes got a chance to save for a while :D

Good Luck, and let us know if you have any questions - I know this is the real daunting stage of the process!

Nick (USC) and Amy (UKC)

03/08 - Met at University in Albuquerque, NM

08/08 - Back to UK for a few years of travelling UK>US!

10/10 - Wedding Day!

s88ndknc8v.png

USCIS

11/16/10: I-130 package mailed

11/18/10: Express Mail tracking shows delivered

11/23/10: Online banking shows check cleared!

11/26/10: Touched

11/29/10: NOA1 arrives!(dated as 11/18/10)

03/17/11: Touched

04/08/11: I-130 APPROVAL!!

141 days from NOA1 to NOA2

NVC

27/04/11: Emailed Choice of Agent form

~{gap as I spent the summer in England}~

03/11/11: Paid AOS and IV fees

04/11/11: AOS and IV fees shown as PAID

08/11/11: AOS Packet sent

09/11/11: IV Packet sent

18/11/11: RFE received requesting AOS packet (which had already been sent)

21/11/11: RFE received requesting 2010 tax return

22/11/11: Sent 2010 tax return

29/11/11: CASE COMPLETE!!!

26 days through NVC

EMBASSY

10/12/11: Medical @ Bentnick Mansions

30/01/12: Interview @ 9am [APPROVED!!]

01/02/12: Passport with visa inside, and medical packet arrive via courier

02/03/12: Flight to Denver!

Timeline

Good luck with the process. If you two really wanted to be together during the process, unless there are commitments in Boston, It is very easy to live in Ireland as a USC. I have been here for over a year and just got my GNIB card renewed for 4 years. It took about 5 minutes at the Garda station. ;) Good luck

Marriage : 2010-01-21

I-130 Sent : 2010-02-12

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-02-22

I-130 NOA2: 2010-04-29

NVC Received : 2010-05-03

3032/I-864 Bill 2010-05-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-05-12

CompleteDS-3032 2010-05-07

Receive IV Bill 2010-05-07

Pay IV Bill : 2010-05-07

Interview: 2011-04-28 ;)

Visa Received: 2011-06-27

POE (SFO): 2011-12-27

SSN: 2012-1-4

Timeline

Good luck with the process. If you two really wanted to be together during the process, unless there are commitments in Boston, It is very easy to live in Ireland as a USC. I have been here for over a year and just got my GNIB card renewed for 4 years. It took about 5 minutes at the Garda station. ;) Good luck

Sorry about the delay unfortunately my wife was taken into hospital, jeez this doesnt get any easier!! she looks to be on the mend though and is troopin on through it,

Cheers for the response, yes she has a great career going for her here so I would never get in her way by looking for her to come to Ireland but if she really wanted to do that it would of course be great.

haha our beloved Garda, that % minutes on your GNIB was pron their work quota for the week fulfilled ;-)

Timeline

Youre in the same spot I was (about 5 months ago!) We married and Nick sent off the packet about a week after the wedding just as soon as we got the marriage certificate through the post!

I wasnt there for long afterwards but sent it about a week before I left. Just make sure on the I-130 you put how you entered the US, and in one of the questions it asks what consulate you will be applying at, or if youre AOS-ing, so thats where they will know that you are going CR-1.

It sucks being apart after marrying, but to be honest im (trying!) to use this time to get my stuff at this end together before the move. Not that youll have this problem but changing my name on everything is a feat in itself! And Nicks certainly happy hes got a chance to save for a while :D

Good Luck, and let us know if you have any questions - I know this is the real daunting stage of the process!

Hey sorry about about the delay and thanks for the reply, congrats to you too!! It is daunting but exciting too and I wish you all the best with your process, I am preparing the packet now but I do see some questions popping up and I will post them this evening so feel free to have a look, you can prob see what I am on about since you have done it so recently,

Thanks again for the valuable input, appreciate it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Cheers

Brian & Ashley

Congratulations!!!

I also am on the the same timeline as you! My husband and I got married on April 6th and we mailed off the I-130 petition on April 11th (yesterday), the day I had to leave him in the USA. :(

I look forward to hearing about your Visa Journey and good luck! :D

USCIS Journey- 88 days

April 11th, 2011- Mailed I-130 petition

April 14th, 2011- NOA1 text message(Hardcopy 04/19/11)

July 11th, 2011- NOA2 text message and email

NVC Journey- 27 days once Case # received

August 1st, 2011- NVC received file

August 25th, 2011- Received case number, IIN, and Beneficiary ID number from operator, Gave email addresses, Sent in optin email, Submitted DS-261

August 25th, 2011- Optin Acceptance Email received

August 25th, 2011- AOS bill invoiced and paid

September 2nd, 2011- AOS bill appears as PAID, Emailed I-864 package

September 2nd, 2011- IV bill invoiced and paid

September 13th, 2011- IV bill appears as PAID, Submitted DS-260 and emailed DS-260 supporting documents

September 13th, 2011- Received a bogus RFE that was false but resubmitted requested documents that were already there anyways

September 21st, 2011- Case Complete!

November 2nd, 2011- Medical in Vancouver

November 7th, 2011- INTERVIEW in Montreal!!! APPROVED!!! :)

November 24th, 2011- POE- Undecided yet! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.