Packet Delivered @ VSC: 4/4/11 signed for by D. Renaud

NOA1 Dated: 4/5/11

NOA1 Recived Date: 4/11/11

Check Cashed: 4/11/11

Biometrics Appt: 6/17/11

APPROVED!!: 11/25/11

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

ok so this has been bothering me since yesterday..i am a surgical nurse..and i worked with this doctor yesterday and he asked where my name was from and of course i say i my husband is Jordanian..and all of he said does he carry bombs..he totally caught me off guard and i am standing with my surgical patient unconcious with anthesia and my scrub tech.. i just look at him like what the f*uck.. and eariler i said to him. i was a patient of yours i had a miscarriage totally didn't remember. The whole time just being professional ..and after that incident i was in the break room eating and he comes in there asking if my husband plays soccer and if he would like to come play on sundays..i was like this conversation is stupid..and then he goes well your native american do you know of this book..and me i was like yeah i know ..blah blah..and my husband works sundays.. it was so surreal.. later i ccome home didn't say anything to my husband about the incident at work..and i get a phone call and it's the doctor apolozing for what he said cuz i was still new and he shouldn't have been teasing me.. I was like yeah when you said that i thought maybe it was a slip of the tongue..and it's not like i heard something similar..thanks for calliing me and apologiziing.. and today some of the staff asked me what happen...now i feel all weird and ######... ok just want to vent..Not tell whole story but just ###### weird..makes me mad sorry for the typos..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

ok so this has been bothering me since yesterday..i am a surgical nurse..and i worked with this doctor yesterday and he asked where my name was from and of course i say i my husband is Jordanian..and all of he said does he carry bombs..he totally caught me off guard and i am standing with my surgical patient unconcious with anthesia and my scrub tech.. i just look at him like what the f*uck.. and eariler i said to him. i was a patient of yours i had a miscarriage totally didn't remember. The whole time just being professional ..and after that incident i was in the break room eating and he comes in there asking if my husband plays soccer and if he would like to come play on sundays..i was like this conversation is stupid..and then he goes well your native american do you know of this book..and me i was like yeah i know ..blah blah..and my husband works sundays.. it was so surreal.. later i ccome home didn't say anything to my husband about the incident at work..and i get a phone call and it's the doctor apolozing for what he said cuz i was still new and he shouldn't have been teasing me.. I was like yeah when you said that i thought maybe it was a slip of the tongue..and it's not like i heard something similar..thanks for calliing me and apologiziing.. and today some of the staff asked me what happen...now i feel all weird and ######... ok just want to vent..Not tell whole story but just ###### weird..makes me mad sorry for the typos..

That is kind of funny... I am a nurse too and had a surgeon say something pretty out of line to me about being Muslim during a surgery once. It was awkward, because it's not like you can walk away or something.

I don't think i was overly anxious about the interview... i just hate being late, we had an hour long drive ahead of us, etc...

Anyway, the interview was not what I expected at all. We were in there about 40 minutes together, and the woman asked us a LOT of questions about how we met, our courtship, when and why we married, and spent about 15 minutes talking about why and how I converted to Islam, and why my husband was ok with marrying a new convert (I had converted about 3 months before we met.) Some questions about our families (to Ahmed: "Why was your family ok with you marrying an American? Wouldn't they rather you have married a born Muslim Egyptian woman?") Asking about how we deal with cultural differences, having been raised in different societies... She was really confused about the whole meeting online thing and asked us to explain Myspace, Yahoo chat and Skype. She asked questions about the dowry that was listed in our Egyptian marriage contract ("1001LE? Couldn't you just give her a cow or something?")She asked him what my older daughter's birthday was, her full name, and our daughter together's birth date. The last five minutes I gave her our joint proof, she flipped through some photos, and she said okay, congratulations, you will receive your green card in 7-10 days.

SOOOOOO glad to be done until citizenship! And we are in no hurry for that, so it may be more than 3 years before we file. I need a break from USCIS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Not that its bad or anything, bcz yall got approved... but I wonder why yall were asked some of those questions for AOS. Ours was nothing like that but given we dont have children, but we werent asked why or how we met online or any religious questions.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am really not sure. I thought it was strange that she was so focused on the beginning of our relationship, when we have already been married two years, have a kid together, etc. The person in the next cubicle interviewed two or three people in the time it took for her to to us. I have heard that since we were adjusting to a ten year PR status instead of two year that it might be more involved because it's like AOS and ROC at the same time. Not sure how much truth there is to that though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

By the time Adam had his AOS interview we had just hit the 2 yr mark by a couple of weeks. So he got his 10yr greencard. There wasnt anything out of the ordinary asked in our interview though and it was pretty fast.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow that was kind of a lot of questions for AOS esp since many of them should've been covered during the visa interview. Our IO didn't ask us one question about us as a couple except were we still married, lol. It was almost like she was all done working for the day and wanted to wrap things up real quick. Lucky for us. :)

ETA - we were adjusting for a 10 yr, too. So there's no truth to whomever said they give you a hard time because it's a 10 yr.

Edited by Mithra

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

While it was good of the dr. to call to apologize, what a jackass. You don't "tease" ppl you don't even know about stuff like that. Some ppl are so ballsy.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

It must be a hospital thing. When I was working at a hospital, I had a co-worker repeatedly say negative things about Islam and Muslims to me. He didn't know that I was a Muslim initially. He didn't stop with the comments, so I reported him to his supervisor and the HR department.

The surgeon should not have said what he said. It's nice that he apologized, but I'd guess he did that out of fear rather than a change or heart/realization that the comment was really obnoxious and disgusting.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have people around me that are supposed to be "good, decent people" making disgusting comments regarding Muslims constantly. As soon as they find out I am seriously involved with an Egyptian, they will throw in the tasteless camel jokes on top of the terrorism jokes. ####### people, really? It's just horribly bad behavior, but I guess we can't expect better from the vast majority of people. Just bite our tongues and go on. Or make a scene... I've been known to do that on occasion as well. :bonk:

Passing harsh judgment on those you don't know says nothing of the judged and everything of the judge.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have people around me that are supposed to be "good, decent people" making disgusting comments regarding Muslims constantly. As soon as they find out I am seriously involved with an Egyptian, they will throw in the tasteless camel jokes on top of the terrorism jokes. ####### people, really? It's just horribly bad behavior, but I guess we can't expect better from the vast majority of people. Just bite our tongues and go on. Or make a scene... I've been known to do that on occasion as well. :bonk:

Try not to take it personal

animated-gifs-camels-005.gif

Here is my little camel parked next to my PC :D

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

I think there is a middle ground approach, and not the two extremes of doing nothing or making a scene. I seriously tried to educate the guy I worked with - gave him reading materials on Islam, etc. When he continued, I reported him in the appropriate channels.

He received closer supervision as a result and apologized to me for personally offending me as a Muslim. We developed a mutually respectful working relationship after that, and I think he will really think twice in the future about spouting off hateful ignorant remarks about any group in the future. At least I hope.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good morning everyone.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I think there is a middle ground approach, and not the two extremes of doing nothing or making a scene. I seriously tried to educate the guy I worked with - gave him reading materials on Islam, etc. When he continued, I reported him in the appropriate channels.

He received closer supervision as a result and apologized to me for personally offending me as a Muslim. We developed a mutually respectful working relationship after that, and I think he will really think twice in the future about spouting off hateful ignorant remarks about any group in the future. At least I hope.

I went to vote during this past presidential election. The people that work at the elections are a bunch of little old ladies. I walked to the the first table and the lady looked my name up in a book. The old lady sitting next to her asked me why I wore the scarf. I told her that I was Muslim. She said is your husband Muslim. I said yes. and she said very loudly, "Is he a terrorist?" I said, certainly not! and turned around to go vote. I was fuming. I thought about reporting her, but I just let it go.

Meriem

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.