Kish.2328

MNL case number just last year. Is this still valid???

18 posts in this topic

Hi All!

My cousin needs help from me but I dont know what to advise him. His Dad migrated to the US long time ago and now already a US citizen. Their Dad filed for ____ (blank bcos I dont know. There papers seems to be confusing) but they filed up DS-230 for him and his Mom. They also have a MNL case number already which was given to them by NVC last AUGUST 10, 2010. Is this still valid??? They were given a IV Fee Payment Receipt Details from US Department of State but I think they have not paid them yet cos it says the status is still IN PROCESS (this payment receipt details was last August 10, 2010 too)

Now, what are they suppose to do? Can they now go to St. Lukes for their medical exam and set an appointment for their interview after? What are the papers they need? Their Dad doesn't really seem to care about this at all to be honest and I don't know why. Its as if his delaying all the papers and not paying too much attention. His letting his family do the papers here and they dont even know what they have to do cos they were not given instructions.

I hope anyone here can shed us some light. It'll be much appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Kish.2328

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

I'm not completely sure I understand all of the details you mentioned about this situation, but what I am sure of is that your cousin's case at the NVC is valid for 1 year from the time the petitioner last had contact with the NVC. If case number you mentioned was issued in AUGUST of last year, it will remain valid until AUGUST of this year, so it should still be active. I hope that helps answer one of your questions.

ROC

06/15/2013 - I-751 Sent

06/19/2013 - NOA 1

07/17/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to CSC

09/17/2013 - Approved!

09/23/2013 - Received approval notice.

10/09/2013 - Card received. Fini!

N400

12/18/2017 - N400 submitted

12/19/2017 - NOA

01/09/2018 - Biometrics

04/10/2018 - Interview

04/27/2018 - Oath

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

call NVC, get a Human, inquire.

USUALLY NVC will 'give' one year for NVC processing, but - hurry hurry.

CALL NVC, follow this guide (is same for spouse, cr-1/ir-1) -> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

once he's called NVC - and while he's talking to any operator - make SURE he is CLEAR with the OPERATOR that he WANTS to proceed,

and to check any IIN with the teleoperator.

Hurry Hurry..

Hurry Hurry.

---

OK - a bit more serious.

NO ONE IS GONNA GIVE THEM INSTRUCTIONS.

Most VJ members, instead, read the GUIDE on the I-130 (train yer eyes up, find the word guide, click it, pick a guide)

and at this stage, read all at

DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

(I do mean all)

then read all of this ->

Loto's Wiki Page - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

Near as I can tell, the IV fee bill is paid, so the Barcoded Coversheet (at the online payment portal) must be printed out (instructions, actually, are on that coversheet) and the DS-230 with all civil documents must be sent to NVC. I think he's ok on the date, if he got busy this weekend for mailing.

Shame on anyone 'waiting for instructions'. Shame Shame Shame.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I'm not completely sure I understand all of the details you mentioned about this situation, but what I am sure of is that your cousin's case at the NVC is valid for 1 year from the time the petitioner last had contact with the NVC. If case number you mentioned was issued in AUGUST of last year, it will remain valid until AUGUST of this year, so it should still be active. I hope that helps answer one of your questions.

Thank you so much for the info. Now we know they only have 4 months to work on their papers. If they were given a MNL case number that means to say their petition was approved right? But the only one who can really issue them a visa is to go to USEM for an interview and let the CO decide, right? I know its confusing. I, myself is very confused too. Is their any way we can track if their Dad already paid for the the Immigrant Visa and AOS fee? Or are they going to pay it here in the Philippines at BPI? Their fee payment receipt details asked them to pay $404 for the immigrant visa and $88 for AOS fee. The status of the payment here says IN PROCESS. It means they have not paid them yet, Am I correct?

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Thanks for the info. Is the cover sheet your talking about goes like this:

YOU MUST RETURN THIS COVER SHEET with the applicants completed forms and required document for the following individuals:

(applicants name)

Then theres a barcode below along with the MNL case number. SO if that means paid already, are there papers they need to send back to NVC? Are they not going to go get their medical exam yet?

This is for IR1.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Darnell has all the info you need right above your last post, so I won't repeat any of that. Those links he gave lay out everything you need to do, step by step.

Yes, if he has a case number (MNL number), then the I-130 petition must have been approved by USCIS already. So that long step is out of the way...he's 2/3 of the way there.

Sounds like the fees have not been paid yet, but the dad would need to confirm if he's already made the payments or not. They stay in 'Processed' status until the check/credit card clears.

I assume the dad is the petitioner (and also the agent?). If so, he will have to take the steps necessary to get this done. The dad really needs to contact NVC ASAP. After he follows Darnell's instructions about what to say, that should 'reset' the clock and give you another year from that contact.

Again, Darnell has it all laid out step-by-step in the links above.

ROC

06/15/2013 - I-751 Sent

06/19/2013 - NOA 1

07/17/2013 - Biometrics

09/17/2013 - Approved!

N400

12/19/2017 - NOA

01/09/2018 - Biometrics

04/10/2018 - Interview

04/27/2018 - Oath

I definately don't want to question Darnell but what visa was applied for? Isn't many of these items dependent on that? Even the poster doesn't know so should we not put an asterisk next to our comments?

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Timeline

I think it's an CR-1/IR-1 case with CR-2/IR-2 derivatives for the child(ren).

Once fees are paid, NVC is waiting on DOCUMENTS to be sent in from the petitioner, an AOS set (I-864 with stuff) and an IV set (DS-230 with stuff) .

There may be some question as to WHEN the petitioner obtained USCitizenship, but once the casefile is AT NVC, that doesn't matter - NVC is processing the casefile, no waiting by NVC.

IMO, the casefile processing is stalled by the petitioner, NVC is waiting on HIM to send stuff in.

The casefile will not go to Manila IV until NVC processing is completed.

At this stage, the casefile processing at NVC is stalled, Petitioner not follow up (yet).

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I think it's an CR-1/IR-1 case with CR-2/IR-2 derivatives for the child(ren).

Once fees are paid, NVC is waiting on DOCUMENTS to be sent in from the petitioner, an AOS set (I-864 with stuff) and an IV set (DS-230 with stuff) .

There may be some question as to WHEN the petitioner obtained USCitizenship, but once the casefile is AT NVC, that doesn't matter - NVC is processing the casefile, no waiting by NVC.

IMO, the casefile processing is stalled by the petitioner, NVC is waiting on HIM to send stuff in.

The casefile will not go to Manila IV until NVC processing is completed.

At this stage, the casefile processing at NVC is stalled, Petitioner not follow up (yet).

My Uncle told me he already paid for the immigrant visa fee. Now, since they already have MNL case number, are they eligible for an interview? Can they now set their appointment and go ahead for their medical?

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

My Uncle told me he already paid for the immigrant visa fee. Now, since they already have MNL case number, are they eligible for an interview? Can they now set their appointment and go ahead for their medical?

Um no and no...your uncle has to send in the forms first..then NVC will review them and let you know.

ROC

06/15/2013 - I-751 Sent

06/19/2013 - NOA 1

07/17/2013 - Biometrics

09/17/2013 - Approved!

N400

12/19/2017 - NOA

01/09/2018 - Biometrics

04/10/2018 - Interview

04/27/2018 - Oath

Um no and no...your uncle has to send in the forms first..then NVC will review them and let you know.

Oh... Now Im confused :wacko:

So that MNL case number doesn't mean were good to go for an interview and medical?

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Timeline

Oh... Now Im confused :wacko:

So that MNL case number doesn't mean were good to go for an interview and medical?

Not at all.

The MNL casefile # for a CR-1 visa, doesn't work in the same fashion for a K-1 visa (which I think yer comparing it to - don't - it's not the same beastie, at all..

Did you deign to click the links I put in here? you should, you know - all are super safe, not install any malware on yer pooter

and

the links contain content,

that,

when read,

explain all of the processes for NVC processing of a SPOUSAL VISA.

Please click, read something, soonish.

By now, you should understand that he's not sent in any paperwork to NVC, and NVC is waiting on HIM to send in paperwork.

If not by now, surely 2 hours later, after you've finished reading? Yes? I pray all goes well with yer assimilation.

Timeline

hey - how's the reading coming along?

hey - how's the reading coming along?

Thank you so much. Now, after reading all of that, It seems like my Uncle needs to do more things for NVC. Im gonna let him know.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Timeline

not 'seems like', but rather 'must'.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.