liz0215

what are the fees to pay after noa2??

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. I just want to clarify something because my fiance and I have been arguing if we need to pay more with the visa fee and medical fee. He's insisting that he already paid the filing fee before thats why we dont need to pay for the visa and medical fee. But I've been reading and asking those who have went through the process and i was told that they paid more or less $250 for the medical and more or less $400 on the visa fee. I dont know who to believe. Please clarify...

event.png

Our K1 Journey

Oct 29, 2010 - Package sent through USPS (regular mail)

Nov 4, 2010 - E-notification received

Nov 8, 2010 - NOA1 received dated Nov 4

Nov 10, 2010 - "Touched"

March 14,2011 - "Touched"

March 28,2011 - Petition approved based on USCIS website

Hi everyone. I just want to clarify something because my fiance and I have been arguing if we need to pay more with the visa fee and medical fee. He's insisting that he already paid the filing fee before thats why we dont need to pay for the visa and medical fee. But I've been reading and asking those who have went through the process and i was told that they paid more or less $250 for the medical and more or less $400 on the visa fee. I dont know who to believe. Please clarify...

medical fee... Fee: 213.35-adult; 185.35 (14 yrs. and below )

visa fee... $350.00

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

$350 for the visa fee and $218(I think) for the medical.

and $1040 for the adjustment of status soon after you get married.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

He paid for the petition, which allows you to apply for a K1 visa. You still have to pay the Visa fee ($350.00), and medical fee, ($213.35), prior to your interview. As others have said, once you get to the states and marry, you then have to adjust status to get your green card. This will cost another thousand or so dollars. I know, because we just did it a few months ago.

Information here: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_001.pdf

Dave

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

medical fee... Fee: 213.35-adult; 185.35 (14 yrs. and below )

visa fee... $350.00

above post split from a duplicate posting and merged with this thread.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Thanks for all the replies. Very much appreciated.

event.png

Our K1 Journey

Oct 29, 2010 - Package sent through USPS (regular mail)

Nov 4, 2010 - E-notification received

Nov 8, 2010 - NOA1 received dated Nov 4

Nov 10, 2010 - "Touched"

March 14,2011 - "Touched"

March 28,2011 - Petition approved based on USCIS website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.