John+Lourdelie

Booking through Agoda.com

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone book a hotel room in Manila through Agoda.com? If you are not there with your fiancée, how did your deal with the requirement that your fiancée have the credit card and picture id of the person named on the credit card at check-in. That is the requirement on their web site.

John

I booked through agoda. I actually stayed there in manila. they didnt ask for my card, (they did want to see my passport though) I just gave them pesos for the "security deposit". They told me it was better that way because it would take a long time to get it back on my card. We stayed at lotus garden and pearl garden. I like pearl garden better. It is closer to robinson's center...it is within walking distance to the embassy and st. lukes...of course most in that downtown area are though.

Go directly to the hotel's website and it shouldnt be an issue.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are currently staying in a hotel from agoda. They never asked for anything except the voucher. But I think that depends on the hotel, as I did not have to pay a deposit or anything. Very simple, smaller rooms, BUT, close to embassy, and quiet. WAY better than Lotus Garden....which in our opinoin, is horrible, and will make this our hotel most times we are here in Manila. GranPrix

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I live in Manila but we stayed a night in Lotus Garden to attend a friend's wedding. Uggh don't book that hotel. You can hear the street noise inside the room! Or at least request ones that are on the other part of the building. I got a good deal though. Booked it online too. Agoda has pretty good deals. Almost half or a third of the walk-in rates. By the way, the hotel never asked to see the credit card. Just the printed voucher. :)

event.png

K1 Timeline

2010-11-02: NOA1

2011-03-24: NOA2!!! :)

2011-04-08: Case arrived at Embassy ( tracked through DHL)

2011-04-11/12: Medical at St Lukes

2011-04-25: INTERVIEW :) Earliest slot available online is May 6, called to see if there is an earlier date. Got Apr 25 :)

2011-05-11: POE at LAX Airport

2011-06-25: We got married!

2011-08-02: AOS/ AP/ EAD filed

2011-08-09: AOS NOA1

2011-09-06: Biometrics Appointment

2011-10-20: AOS Interview @ Detroit USCIS

5477902625_3cbb8daa8d_t.jpg5478473242_22ddaecd18_t.jpg5478483180_7fc17c0b8f_t.jpg5477910219_4cba055980_t.jpg5478504360_9bcbcc2c98_t.jpg

yeah they didnt ask to see the credit card at either place (lotus & pearl garden). Lotus garden was a nice place except for the 3 or 4 am wake-up we got...drunk people in the hallway. :angry: Pearl garden was much nicer, but I know there are just as nice hotels for same or less.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

My fiance booked a hotel room in Microtel Mall of Asia through Agoda and we never had a problem (yet). I arrived before him in Manila while he's still on his way from Japan so I was the one who checked in first. When I get their I just showed them the hotel voucher (my fiance forwarded the email from Agoda to me and I printed it out) together with my valid ID and i was fine.

But we also had a bad experience booking in Agoda too. We chose Hotel H20 for his last 2 nights here in the PH so we booked a room through Agoda. The room was just something like $110 per night. Its a park view room with a queen size bed which was of course stated by Agoda's website. But when we get to the hotel, the front desk told us if we would like to upgrade for a room since what we booked was just a 2 single bed room and asked us to add $100. And we were like, Whoaaatttt??? Are you serious??? How come were not getting what we paid for??? Thought we booked for a park view room with a queen size bed as what Agoda's website stated??? And she was like, Sorry Maam, we havent updated our advertisement in Agoda bla bla bla.. So there was nothing else we can do than just pay additional $$$$ for just a queen size bed. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

This is the Philippines, Not America. You don't have to book online, Always gonna have rooms to rent at all the hotels. Give your fiance/wife some money and let her find the best deal.

You can find many nice hotels, as in American Style with Air Con, Nice Rooms and hot/cold water all over the place. Average price should be around $30 to $40 per night.

The issue with booking thru a website if you show up and the hotel suxs then you will to stay since you have already put it on your credit card.

I always see people asking for Hotels to stay during Medical or Embassy Interview. Don't make a mountian out of a molehill, it very easy to find rooms close to both and they are very nice and priced right.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.