NycBra

Decision cannot be made at this time

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's great news. Update us once you have your date!

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's great news. Update us once you have your date!

Got the letter, oath scheduled for April 13! It works, contact your US Representative/Congressman and ask them to look into your case if there is a delay or something that might be wrong. I am part of the December filers if you want to check my full timeframe.

02/2001 - Met in Europe

08/2004 - Moved to USA

08/2007 - Married in Brazil

09/2007 - Submitted AOS to VSC

12/2007 - AOS approved

09/2009 - Submitted I-751 to CSC

10/2009 - ROC approved (1 month 2 days from receipt date)

12/2010 - Submitted N400

01/2011 - Biometrics (twice)

02/2011 - Citizenship Interview and Civics Test

04/2011 - Oath Ceremony/American Citizen

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

I am in the same boat. I was interviewed april 24 and i was asked to submit more documents because i was out of the country for 5 months. I filed my citizenship through marriage. I did sent the documents needed almost 2 weeks now and i never heard from them. What shall i do? Any suggestions? Do i call now or what number to call? I am just so lost and i am bothered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am in the same boat. I was interviewed april 24 and i was asked to submit more documents because i was out of the country for 5 months. I filed my citizenship through marriage. I did sent the documents needed almost 2 weeks now and i never heard from them. What shall i do? Any suggestions? Do i call now or what number to call? I am just so lost and i am bothered.

Our major panic with that letter requesting court information on a 17 month old baby accused of battery charges was the time limit on the letter. Stated they wanted a reply within 30 days or else your application will be denied, lose your $680.00 filing fee, and would have to start all over again. But never stated when those 30 days began. Was it the date on the letter? Apparently it sat someplace for three days before someone got around to mailing it because the post office date was three days later and took another two days to get here. That is five days? Came in first class mail without any proof they even sent it and occasionally mail does get lost!

Further frustration was the ambiguity on paid traffic violations, that was all that was mentioned at her interview, the way the letter was written, wasn't quite sure if they wanted that or not. She was burdened with midterms, her mom and I tried to get proof these fines were paid, but even though we had to be in court with her as she was a minor, they wouldn't release these pieces of paper, two of them to us as now she was an adult. She had to drive to two different towns to get those.

Even more frustrations was our new senator and congressman, neither has set up an immigration department, both were criticized on this as both took a months vacation after being elected. But was fortunate to make contact with our other senator. But when I did, their one gal, Laura, just left on an eight day vacation. We had to wait until she returned with the clock ticking away. We had no idea how to answer these battery charges. But when she returned, got right on it and it was history.

I wasn't quite assured and requested a letter from the field office, these charges were dropped, Laura said it wasn't necessary, the clock was still ticking. But five days later and before that 30 days expired from the date of their letter, her oath letter came in. That is when we could rest. Three weeks of pure hell we went through, and for no logical reason that we can think of.

So were any of you given a time limit to respond? Did you respond with a registered letter with a received receipt? Would have done that if it came to that.

What I find totally ironic, states on your interview form, if you have any questions to contact your IO, with positively no means provide to contact that person.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I was asked to sent the documents 30 days after the interview. I did send the documents April 21 and somebody received it April 22 according to UPS website. Somebody signed it from USCIS office. But of course, you can't help but think where is my paperwork or did my IO got it before April 24 or else I will be automatically denied. Those kind of thoughts running through my head. But I am praying that I will get my oath taking letter very soon because I have several appointments and business meetings outside the country. BIG SIGH!!!!

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Lebanon
Timeline

sent my application on 08/09/2010 and Did my interview in 01/20/2011 in Detroit office. Passed the test and interview went well but the desicion cannot be made ! still waiting till now . Looks it is taking for ever.

sent my application on 08/09/2010 and Did my interview in 01/20/2011 in Detroit office. Passed the test and interview went well but the desicion cannot be made ! still waiting till now . Looks it is taking for ever.

It's time for you to call them since it's beyond 120 days.

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

You can call the congressman for you district and tell them your case number. They can contact USCIS for you and make it much faster. Just google your district congressman and go to their web site, fill up the form and you are all set..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi guys! How do I get the police records? I had to do the biometrics twice and theres a good chance they r going to ask me for that in my interview.

CITIZENSHIP

Service Center: Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :

Date Filed : 2011-02-28

NOA Date : 2011-03-02

Bio. Appt.: 2011-03-30

2nd Bio. Appt.: 2011-05-11

Interview Date: 2011-06-22

Approved:

Oath Ceremony:

Timeline

Hi guys! How do I get the police records? I had to do the biometrics twice and theres a good chance they r going to ask me for that in my interview.

Police records for what? Has to be in that district for whatever you were charged with or court records.

Like with my stepdaughter during midterms, at first they wanted proof she paid those fines, actually she didn't, she was a minor, her mom had to show up in court. We tried to help her on this, but even though she was a minor at the time, and her mom had to show up in court, they wouldn't release those paid fines to us. We could set it up, but she had to drive 40 miles one way, and 75 miles the other. But then we get another letter stating they didn't want to see proof of those paid fines! We had that information at one time, but pitched it, something you don't want to remember.

But that is when they came up with explaining battery charges against her when she was 17 months old. That was too much for me, highly suggest you contact your senators office instead, most are set up with immigration related services, and is a six year term. Congressmen is only a two year term, one year for doing whatever they are suppose to be doing, making more unwanted laws, the other year, running for election, so can't even find them.

Timeline

Police records for what? Has to be in that district for whatever you were charged with or court records.

Like with my stepdaughter during midterms, at first they wanted proof she paid those fines, actually she didn't, she was a minor, her mom had to show up in court. We tried to help her on this, but even though she was a minor at the time, and her mom had to show up in court, they wouldn't release those paid fines to us. We could set it up, but she had to drive 40 miles one way, and 75 miles the other. But then we get another letter stating they didn't want to see proof of those paid fines! We had that information at one time, but pitched it, something you don't want to remember.

But that is when they came up with explaining battery charges against her when she was 17 months old. That was too much for me, highly suggest you contact your senators office instead, most are set up with immigration related services, and is a six year term. Congressmen is only a two year term, one year for doing whatever they are suppose to be doing, making more unwanted laws, the other year, running for election, so can't even find them.

Hi NickD, I was reading NycBra posts and I'm in the same situation, biometrics twice and at the interview they can't make a decition cause her fingerprints didn't work and they requested to send a state police records and that delayed her process. So I was thinking to go ahead and get the police records done ( I haven't had any tickets or problems since a live in the US) and take it to my interview. Sorry about all you went through with your case and good luck to everybody!

CITIZENSHIP

CIS Office :

Approved:

Oath Ceremony:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sonia_ Sofia I'm sure I will be in this boat because my fingerprints never work. I researched and could not find any solution for this problem Anyways, every time I have to go 2 times for biometrics (by the time I was going through AOS I had fingerprints taken 3 times!) I always end up having to go to the local Police and request a certificate of good conduct. The thing is, I've always gotten the request from Immigration so I just went to the local Police, paid a small fee and got my letter.

However in some cases that I've seen here they don't request this certificate of good conduct before the interview. So, of course they would not be able to read your fingerprints and they would request the certificate.

What I asked here once is: can you go to the local Police and request yourself the certificate of good conduct? In my opinion you can try (that's what I'm going to do if I don't receive the request before interview. You can take your Interview Appointment Letter to your local Police and explain the problem with your fingerprints and tell them you would like to have this evidence in hands. I think you need more than one certificate if you lived in different places (since it would not be the same local Police Station).

In my opinion this would not hurt and could help. The worst thing that can happen is at the local Police station they say they can't do it without a request.

Good luck. :star:

Hi NickD, I was reading NycBra posts and I'm in the same situation, biometrics twice and at the interview they can't make a decition cause her fingerprints didn't work and they requested to send a state police records and that delayed her process. So I was thinking to go ahead and get the police records done ( I haven't had any tickets or problems since a live in the US) and take it to my interview. Sorry about all you went through with your case and good luck to everybody!

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

Sonia_ Sofia I'm sure I will be in this boat because my fingerprints never work. I researched and could not find any solution for this problem Anyways, every time I have to go 2 times for biometrics (by the time I was going through AOS I had fingerprints taken 3 times!) I always end up having to go to the local Police and request a certificate of good conduct. The thing is, I've always gotten the request from Immigration so I just went to the local Police, paid a small fee and got my letter.

However in some cases that I've seen here they don't request this certificate of good conduct before the interview. So, of course they would not be able to read your fingerprints and they would request the certificate.

What I asked here once is: can you go to the local Police and request yourself the certificate of good conduct? In my opinion you can try (that's what I'm going to do if I don't receive the request before interview. You can take your Interview Appointment Letter to your local Police and explain the problem with your fingerprints and tell them you would like to have this evidence in hands. I think you need more than one certificate if you lived in different places (since it would not be the same local Police Station).

In my opinion this would not hurt and could help. The worst thing that can happen is at the local Police station they say they can't do it without a request.

Good luck. :star:

Hi Lisa! I think I read too late all this posts about that cause now I don't know if I have time to get my background check, my interview is this Wednesday :s I went to the my local state police today cause they only do background checks on Saturdays and they were closed today (just my luck!) So I guess I'll go to my interview and wait till they say "we cannot make a desition at this time" or wait for a miracle! ... Anyways, things happen for a reason! I'm sorry about your biometrics! I didn't have problems with mine before for my other cases, I just want this to be over!! I'm sure like evrybody else! Good luck and Happy Father's Day y'all!

CITIZENSHIP

CIS Office :

Approved:

Oath Ceremony:

Timeline

If I had to have my prints taken, would have to stay away from all of my mechanical stuff and wear gloves 24 hours a day for three months. Is this her case or was it an equipment failure at your biometrics place?

Guess it doesn't make any difference, still your fault.

Ha, told my wife and daughter to get use to frozen vegetables they can just toss in the micro and hid all the knifes, if they cut their finger, would be dead meat at biometrics. Yet another minor inconvenience. But after its all over, can cut or burn their fingers all they want, ha, even get a traffic ticket.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.