• 6-9 mths
    • 9-12 mths
    • 12-18 mths
    • over 18 mths
    • Still in AP-Pls state how long it has been

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know each case is different, but I'm just trying to see how long cases have been in AP and when this poll is done if there is a "normal range." All who have been in AP can reply, but I'm mostly interested in MENA countries, especially Egypt.

Thanks

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Timeline

WHAT IS AP?

Administrative Processing.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know each case is different, but I'm just trying to see how long cases have been in AP and when this poll is done if there is a "normal range." All who have been in AP can reply, but I'm mostly interested in MENA countries, especially Egypt.

Thanks

Hey Mandy, i have seen some people get their visa after a week of their interview, i wonder why do they get it fast knowing that everyone from the Middle east goes to AP :unsure:

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Timeline

Hey Mandy, i have seen some people get their visa after a week of their interview, i wonder why do they get it fast knowing that everyone from the Middle east goes to AP :unsure:

Hey Samoray,

I think it all depends on the case and the CO. I know for spousal visas a lot of background checks are done at the NVC level, so that when they get the embassy maybe there is no need for additional ones. Whereas for K1 visas everything is done at the embassy. Part of our problem I think is that my fiance never returned packet 3 until the day of the interview (They mistakenly scheduled his interview without receiving his document) So they had to go through and process all his documents still.

Also, if an applicant has a "name hit" at the embassy or NVC they get sent to washington for further investigation. And it also depends on the education and background of the applicant, countries lived in or have family ties with. Its many things and basically up to the discretion of the CO to order these additional checks.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

Timeline

Hey Samoray,

I think it all depends on the case and the CO. I know for spousal visas a lot of background checks are done at the NVC level, so that when they get the embassy maybe there is no need for additional ones. Whereas for K1 visas everything is done at the embassy. Part of our problem I think is that my fiance never returned packet 3 until the day of the interview (They mistakenly scheduled his interview without receiving his document) So they had to go through and process all his documents still.

Also, if an applicant has a "name hit" at the embassy or NVC they get sent to washington for further investigation. And it also depends on the education and background of the applicant, countries lived in or have family ties with. Its many things and basically up to the discretion of the CO to order these additional checks.

You know, i emailed the consulate today and they said that i am in AP lol, i think they just have a form that they send to everyone, i don't think they read every email and reply to it

I found also that they give you general information, nothing specific about your case, is this the way they are or is it just because i have not had an interview yet, i am going insane here

us-eg.gif

Timeline

You know, i emailed the consulate today and they said that i am in AP lol, i think they just have a form that they send to everyone, i don't think they read every email and reply to it

I found also that they give you general information, nothing specific about your case, is this the way they are or is it just because i have not had an interview yet, i am going insane here

what a bunch of idiots LOL I would reply back and ask, "how can I be in AP when I haven't had an interview yet?" LOL But their responses are pretty vague, I have better luck when I call them directly. I know for certain when I do that they are looking at my case because they give me my fiance's name.

When we went to my fiance's interview they were actually shocked to see us, they didn't have his name on the list to enter the embassy, we had to go print off the email with the interview date and time before we could go in. Once inside they were confused as to why we were there, we showed them the letter and could hear the supervisor yelling (or getting loud) with one of the ppl in the back asking her why she scheduled his interview when he never returned any of the documents...That just goes to show what kind of ppl they have working there!

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

Timeline

what a bunch of idiots LOL I would reply back and ask, "how can I be in AP when I haven't had an interview yet?" LOL But their responses are pretty vague, I have better luck when I call them directly. I know for certain when I do that they are looking at my case because they give me my fiance's name.

When we went to my fiance's interview they were actually shocked to see us, they didn't have his name on the list to enter the embassy, we had to go print off the email with the interview date and time before we could go in. Once inside they were confused as to why we were there, we showed them the letter and could hear the supervisor yelling (or getting loud) with one of the ppl in the back asking her why she scheduled his interview when he never returned any of the documents...That just goes to show what kind of ppl they have working there!

I replied to them but i think i will get an answer on Monday as they are closed seems like most of the week :rofl: Friday Saturday and Sunday lol

My wife and I were discussing this situation we're seriously thinking of her moving to be with me in Egypt permanently as this process is taking more than a year now :blink: :blink: :blink:

us-eg.gif

Timeline

I replied to them but i think i will get an answer on Monday as they are closed seems like most of the week :rofl: Friday Saturday and Sunday lol

My wife and I were discussing this situation we're seriously thinking of her moving to be with me in Egypt permanently as this process is taking more than a year now :blink: :blink: :blink:

yeah thats how government offices pretty much work over here, they show up on friday and try to look busy, and saturday & sunday they're closed LOL

I know when you look at how long this process takes it can be depressing. I do know that CR-1's tend to take a little longer than the K-1's and thats basically because its run through the NVC and the CRI had more advantages once you enter the states than the K1. I see you went through the California service center, I went through Vermont and we got lucky because at that time Vermont was running slowly behind California and they opened an office in Texas to assist in processing the petitions mailed to Vermont. We received our NOA2 in less than 3 months. But the way I look at it is, we are in the final stage. I see all these people who are just starting this journey, and complaining after 2 months of not getting a NOA2 and they really have no idea what they're in for, and I in no way envy them because they have a long road ahead of them. And I don't mean to sound insensitive or rude, but there are many ppl on here who have spouses/fiances who can come visit them on the visa waiver program. Although its costly to travel and takes a long time they do have more opportunities to see each other during this process, whereas people from the middle east (I'm not sure what other countries don't participate in the VWP) have no option, either the petitoner travels or they spend the time apart. Have you thought of transferring your case, is that an option?

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

Timeline

yeah thats how government offices pretty much work over here, they show up on friday and try to look busy, and saturday & sunday they're closed LOL

I know when you look at how long this process takes it can be depressing. I do know that CR-1's tend to take a little longer than the K-1's and thats basically because its run through the NVC and the CRI had more advantages once you enter the states than the K1. I see you went through the California service center, I went through Vermont and we got lucky because at that time Vermont was running slowly behind California and they opened an office in Texas to assist in processing the petitions mailed to Vermont. We received our NOA2 in less than 3 months. But the way I look at it is, we are in the final stage. I see all these people who are just starting this journey, and complaining after 2 months of not getting a NOA2 and they really have no idea what they're in for, and I in no way envy them because they have a long road ahead of them. And I don't mean to sound insensitive or rude, but there are many ppl on here who have spouses/fiances who can come visit them on the visa waiver program. Although its costly to travel and takes a long time they do have more opportunities to see each other during this process, whereas people from the middle east (I'm not sure what other countries don't participate in the VWP) have no option, either the petitoner travels or they spend the time apart. Have you thought of transferring your case, is that an option?

Yes it is an option to transfer the case but the problem is that i need a Visa to that country that i am gonna have my interview in and probably not gonna get my US visa after my interview, it's like hmmm i am not sure if they will put me in AP after that and then what i will be living there waiting for my Visa to be issued away from everyone in my life, seems like the road to insanity if you ask me :D , you are so right it is so not fair that non of the middle east countries can use the VWP but i think this is because so many people ( guys ) specially use American women to get a visa and then they kiss them good bye after that, it makes them think that everyone is fraud unless they prove the opposite, this visa journey is really really harder than we thought it would be when we first started it.

us-eg.gif

Timeline

Still under AP .. its been 70 days until this moment ...

It has been 77 days for us and still nothing. It's a little too late to ask, but how was the consulate in Saudi Arabia? We almost did the interview there because my fiance was working there, but instead we decided he would terminate his contract and return to Egypt so I could be with him during the interview. We're now wishing we didn't do this because of all the problems lately in Cairo, we wonder if our luck would have been better in KSA.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

i hope your AP will be end soon ,,

i emailed the embassy 2 days ago , the answer was today , and they said , you still under processing and its unpredictable to know when its will be done ,, that was there answers , so the gave me a bad time now ,, about the embassy here in saudi ,, i think they treat us the same every where ,, maybe there is no different in all the middle east countries ,, and i hope these events that happening now in egypt wont affect your papers and your visa , good luck for you too ,, and thank you

Timeline

thanks, and I hope your AP will be done soon as well. I called the embassy this morning and spoke with a Consular Officer, he said it was still undergoing AP in Washington, but they received everything else they needed and once they get a response from Washington they will issue his visa.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

i hope for you a good luck and for every one under AP .. i will call the embassy on the 90 days ,, cos i was reading that most of APs end before 90 days ,,, hopefully mine too ..

thank you , and Good luck

Edited by mo3en

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.