SF2007

Packet 4 - Montreal

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It reads on Montreal's website that : "Upon completion of the review of your case, we will instruct you via the email address you provided to us to request an interview appointment through the CSC VISA INFORMATION SERVICES"

Can anyone who's been through the process as a K1 beneficiary in the past few weeks/months confirm this? Do we really get the authorization to schedule an appointment by email?

Thanks!

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

I never received an email.

I simply got told by DOS that Packet 4 had been sent to me, and that's when I scheduled my interview.

Timeline

I never received an email.

I simply got told by DOS that Packet 4 had been sent to me, and that's when I scheduled my interview.

I just called DOS this morning and was told both P3 and 4 were logged and i was eligible to schedule. Weeeee!

My interview is booked for May 26, I can't believe I got it that early considering all I saw last week were July appointments!!!!

:dance:

ROC completed April 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

About every 3 days, I talk to the same lady at the DoS about whether Packet 4 has been sent yet or not, and she's been very patient. I think the emailing is a great idea though - our lawyer emailed Montreal last week about why I hadn't received Packet 3 yet, and they emailed him back right away with an electronic version of the instructions.

I don't get why they didn't just do that in the first place...

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just called DOS this morning and was told both P3 and 4 were logged and i was eligible to schedule. Weeeee!

My interview is booked for May 26, I can't believe I got it that early considering all I saw last week were July appointments!!!!

yay! I keep calling to see if my P3 has been logged yet but no luck so far. Hopefully I'm soon to follow you!

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Interview - April 28/11 - Approved

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

AOS/EAD/AP Sent - July 5/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

EAD/AP approved Sept 14/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

Timeline

So looking at your timeline iampatricias for Montreal it looks like about 11 days from receiving packet 3 to logging it and sending packet 4. So for me I'm looking at the 28th or so. Hopefully. By the way my fiance is a Canadian Citizen now :) I sent the consulate an email and scan of her citizenship card. We'll see if they want anything else.

Is the rescheduling interview dates easy? I haven't logged into the DHL site just yet. Good luck!

Sent I129-F to Vermont Service Center- 7/23/10

NOA1- 7/29/10

NOA2- 1/26/11

Case sent to Montreal Consulate General of the United States, Visa Unit 1/31/11

Consulate received case from NVC 2/23/11

RFE-for Canadian proof of Status 2/23/11

Packet 3 received from consulate- 3/07/11

Packet 3 sent (2nd time after a correction)- 3/28/11

Packet 3 received by consulate/Packet 4 sent- 4/8/11

Interview-5/18/11

Visa received 6/16/11

Timeline

So looking at your timeline iampatricias for Montreal it looks like about 11 days from receiving packet 3 to logging it and sending packet 4. So for me I'm looking at the 28th or so. Hopefully. By the way my fiance is a Canadian Citizen now :) I sent the consulate an email and scan of her citizenship card. We'll see if they want anything else.

Is the rescheduling interview dates easy? I haven't logged into the DHL site just yet. Good luck!

Yes rescheduling is easy. If you have completed your P3, your fiance could register with DHL now. Just don't go further when it gets to the part they ask if you are scheduling an appointment. You register with DHL through CSC website. Have the applicant's passport number and your MTL0000000 case number ready.

One your P3 and 4 are logged and you have scheduled, there is an option called "Rescheduling your appointment" at the bottom of the page. You can click on it to get the next available date. You will then have to confirm whether or not you want to reschedule. Some earlier dates randomly become available once in a while. We've seen April/May last week. You would have to check the website often if you want to reschedule.

When you do schedule, you can skip the online credit card payment by selecting "Permanently immigrate (ready to schedule)". Make sure to take $350 USD to your interview. If you do pay online, print the receipt as proof of payment.

ROC completed April 2014

Timeline

Yeah, about 11 days (7 business days, if you're counting ;) ). Canadiana013 also had just under 2 weeks between her P3 delivery and P4 being sent and she booked about 2 weeks before me, I think.

Rescheduling is quite simple, as it turns out. Yesterday, I originally booked July 15th. About half an hour later, to 'practice' the rescheduling procedure, I clicked on "Reschedule appointment" and before realizing it, had rescheduled to July 18th. In the evening, July 13th was suddenly available, so I rescheduled again. Of course, now I'm desperate to catch any earlier openings at all considering the huge variety of dates available TWO WEEKS AGO. Hmph. Anyway, it's all good and I am feeling optimistic about getting something sooner :)

Happy, you can sign up to this site now, just don't book an appointment until P4 is sent to you! https://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/ss_country_welcome - your turn is coming up!

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

April 5, 2011 - Medical

Timeline

Oh yeah, I signed up with the "Permanently Immigrate (Ready to Schedule)" option, but then decided I'd rather pay now instead of carrying all that cash to the consulate, so I went back and chose "Permanently Immigrate (K1/K2)" paid with my credit card, and then couldn't figure out how to avoid rebooking the July 18th date... Anyway, I think both are valid options - whatever works for you :thumbs:

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

April 5, 2011 - Medical

Timeline

Great. Thanks for the help. Sounds like your interview date is cancelled when you click on reschedule? I was wondering about that. I was hoping you would get the chance to see the optional date first before cancelling the existing date. I think I will pay online for us too, and give my fiancee the receipt to take to the interview.

Sent I129-F to Vermont Service Center- 7/23/10

NOA1- 7/29/10

NOA2- 1/26/11

Case sent to Montreal Consulate General of the United States, Visa Unit 1/31/11

Consulate received case from NVC 2/23/11

RFE-for Canadian proof of Status 2/23/11

Packet 3 received from consulate- 3/07/11

Packet 3 sent (2nd time after a correction)- 3/28/11

Packet 3 received by consulate/Packet 4 sent- 4/8/11

Interview-5/18/11

Visa received 6/16/11

Timeline

Great. Thanks for the help. Sounds like your interview date is cancelled when you click on reschedule? I was wondering about that. I was hoping you would get the chance to see the optional date first before cancelling the existing date. I think I will pay online for us too, and give my fiancee the receipt to take to the interview.

It is not cancelled. You will have to confirm whether or not you want to reschedule after seeing the other possibility. Only moment I could browse through a calendar of availability was when I scheduled the 1st time. I seems this option is no longer available after.

ROC completed April 2014

Timeline

You can view the calendar:

- choose "Reschedule Appointment" --> Applicant, Purpose, Consulate, DHL Branch, Next available date xx/xx/xxxx - would you like to reschedule based on this exact information above?

- choose YES --> the calendars should appear with the option of choosing the time and the date (right now, July 18, 8:00am)

- if you don't want it, just choose BACK or close the window or log out, or whatever you'd like. Just not SELECT. This is how I've been checking availability...

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

April 5, 2011 - Medical

Timeline

So, I have been checking like I described above and booked a new interview for April 20th! It looked like there were fewer than 5 days that were NOT available in April all of a sudden this morning...

I so so hope those of you on the verge can hear about your Packet 4s today!

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

April 5, 2011 - Medical

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

Did you book the appointment through CSC before you you sent out your P3

Or did you book the appointment as your P3 and P4 were logged

I booked the interview right after I sent out my P3. I am anxious to know any chance for me to reschedule for an earlier interview date.

thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.