Sara Ismail

waiting 5 months for visa!!!

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

If the check isn't conclusive then it is put on hold. Most normal people don't have 1000's of social network friends, so they won't run into this problem.

That's right, i have 10 people on my Facebook account lol good luck with that :D

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

That's true, i am just trying to figure out what could possibly take a long time to check, cause I've seen some people in AP after the interview for months and months

These more exhaustive security checks were put into place for certain countries shortly after 9/11/2001. The nature of the checks would be highly classified, so the best answers you're going to get are pure speculation. In short, their doing checks regarding known associates and association with organizations or individuals with National Security or Terrorism related concerns. It's not simply a check of criminal activity but designed to rule out and exclude potential threats. Nobody who knows, is going to explain the procedures used.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Another reason that the background checks probably take so long is that government organizations also run finger prints on potential employees. For instance, when I started my work with the government years ago, I had to be fingerprinted by a local police station. My fingerprints were then submitted to my agency security officer, who in turn submitted them to the FBI as part of the pre-employment background check. This is also part of the clearance process for public and private employees attempting to get clearances (i.e., secret, top secret, etc.). So, unfortunately, that means that the processing of immigration related background checks are being held up in the same queue that often results in it taking three to six months for U.S. Citizens to get clearances.

Godspeed: I hope that things go quicker for you from here on out.

Joe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's right, i have 10 people on my Facebook account lol good luck with that :D

check out this website, it lists the different checks that are done and for what reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Advisory_Opinion

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Timeline

Another reason that the background checks probably take so long is that government organizations also run finger prints on potential employees. For instance, when I started my work with the government years ago, I had to be fingerprinted by a local police station. My fingerprints were then submitted to my agency security officer, who in turn submitted them to the FBI as part of the pre-employment background check. This is also part of the clearance process for public and private employees attempting to get clearances (i.e., secret, top secret, etc.). So, unfortunately, that means that the processing of immigration related background checks are being held up in the same queue that often results in it taking three to six months for U.S. Citizens to get clearances.

Godspeed: I hope that things go quicker for you from here on out.

Joe

All true but fingerprints consume a tiny portion of the time involved in these additional AP security checks.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Aslong as they are the right 10 people, not someone who just contacted you to be a friend in a sexy pose who might just be the local police dept behind the screen. LOL

Timeline

check out this website, it lists the different checks that are done and for what reasons.

http://en.wikipedia....dvisory_Opinion

They call them animals names, Visas donkey, condor, etc, good to know this information

us-eg.gif

Timeline

Aslong as they are the right 10 people, not someone who just contacted you to be a friend in a sexy pose who might just be the local police dept behind the screen. LOL

I don't accept friend's requests from strangers :D

us-eg.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

*** not a K-3 visa topic question/post, moving to Embassy/Consular discussion ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Im in the same boat as you, but thankfully have not been waiting as long. Was your husband in AP? Did the embassy tell you if his case is pending in Washington? I keep being told that my fiance's case is pending background checks in washington and when they get the approval his visa will be issued, but no one will give me a time frame either.

If you read further on the embassy website under that link it states that if an applicant has been interviewed prior to Jan 27, 2011 their visa will be processed as normal. These cases are the only visa's they are working on at the time.

The embassy is still working on immigration visa cases even tho they are closed, but my husband has been in AP for a while and is still in AP, according to what they told the congressman's office.

Timeline

So what am I supposed to do now? There has to be something that I can do, how can they just make people wait by the months apart from each other like this???? this is really weird isn't there something we can do?

my fiance is in AP as well and is waiting. I finally hired an attorney. He said the key is to keep hounding them until they get tired of hearing from you. Some people tell me he can't really help, but I don't have the time, energy or the same contacts as him to do it on my own. I'd rather try to be resourceful than sit around and do nothing and wait. I also contacted my senator and they did an inquiry and were told he was in AP, they then told me to contact them again if it goes over 6 months. I guess if you're not paying them they don't work so hard for you :whistle:

Besides contacting everyone one you can think of over and over, there really isn't much else you can do. The safety of this country and its citizens is far more important to them than you being apart from your loved one for months.

Edited by mandyu1

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

Timeline

So what am I supposed to do now? There has to be something that I can do, how can they just make people wait by the months apart from each other like this???? this is really weird isn't there something we can do?

There does NOT have to be something you can do and yes, they CAN just make people wait. I get your pain. I'm sure we all do, but facts are facts.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

my fiance is in AP as well and is waiting. I finally hired an attorney. He said the key is to keep hounding them until they get tired of hearing from you. Some people tell me he can't really help, but I don't have the time, energy or the same contacts as him to do it on my own. I'd rather try to be resourceful than sit around and do nothing and wait. I also contacted my senator and they did an inquiry and were told he was in AP, they then told me to contact them again if it goes over 6 months. I guess if you're not paying them they don't work so hard for you :whistle:

Besides contacting everyone one you can think of over and over, there really isn't much else you can do. The safety of this country and its citizens is far more important to them than you being apart from your loved one for months.

OK so they do AP for fiances as well, I didn't know that. Yes I was advised to do the same, hounding them, but that doesn't take away from the frustration, it actually adds on to it. I get that the safety of the country is more important, I just wish there was a quicker and easier way :(

Timeline

OK so they do AP for fiances as well, I didn't know that. Yes I was advised to do the same, hounding them, but that doesn't take away from the frustration, it actually adds on to it. I get that the safety of the country is more important, I just wish there was a quicker and easier way :(

believe me, I feel your pain :(( I may sound selfish by saying this, but I wish none of this happened until after he was already here. I must check the embassy website at least 5 times a day and our status never change, then I call and email the embassy weekly and I still get the same BS answer, and I call DOS weekly and well, they're no help either!! I'm planning on going to see him in a couple of weeks so preparing for that has kept my mind off of this a bit.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.