BlueRain77

Lost UK Passport renewal

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Anyone lose there UK passport & need to renew? My husband misplaced his at the house and we can't find it anywhere. We were planning to travel to Canada this summer and we need to renew. Do we really have to report it to the police if we are about 90% certain that we lost it at our house? I even have the passport number and photocopy of the main page that luckily I had stored as back up. I have looked at the LS form but it seems more geared to stolen passports...

Thanks!

Susan

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 19: Filed for K-1 Visa

Feb 8: Received K-1 Visa

April 27: Married!!

May 4: AOS & EAD sent off.

July 28: EAD Card Arrives in Mail!

Aug 23: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!

Aug 30: Welcome to America! letter arrived.

Sept 7: Greencard arrived in the mail!

May: Received Notice about Greencard Expiration end of August

July 15: Sent packet in mail!! (FINALLY!!)

July 16: Packet arrives @ CSC 10:52am Signed by V. Semegi

July 24: Received NOA (posted 7/21)

July 30: Received Bio Appt Letter in Mail

August 20 @ 2pm: Biometrics Appt. –

Sept 12: Approved!! Should be getting card within 60 days..

April 22: Mailing N400 Citizenship packet to Phoenix AZ! (about time!)

April 25 10:37am Phoenix USCIS Lockbox. Signed for by F DOMINGUEZ

April 28 NOA (received in mail May 2)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

July 26 8:10am Interview/Test APPROVED!

Jul 26 Oath Ceremony! Pete is now a US Citizen!

ficFm7.png

event.png

Filed: Other Timeline

Anyone lose there UK passport & need to renew? My husband misplaced his at the house and we can't find it anywhere. We were planning to travel to Canada this summer and we need to renew. Do we really have to report it to the police if we are about 90% certain that we lost it at our house? I even have the passport number and photocopy of the main page that luckily I had stored as back up. I have looked at the LS form but it seems more geared to stolen passports...

Thanks!

Susan

"Lose there passport?"

:blush:

Either you lost it, or you replaced it. A lost item is considered gone for good, a misplaced one may surface again.

If you are fairly sure that your passport is buried under years of trash and boxes and dirty laundry inside your house, and the chances of it surfacing again anytime soon are dim, you should phone the British Embassy or Consulate in the United States and inquire about their policy. They may require a police report or not. Keep in mind that all passports are now biometric and have a chip embedded, so give yourself enough time for a new passport to arrive.

A bit of unsolicited advice: My wife's and my passports are in a folder labeled . . . you guessed it "PASSPORTS" in a locked Steelcase steel file cabinet. This folder is close to the folders labeled SSA,DMV, USCIS, IRS, etc. so if I ever need to find a passport, I know where to look for it and where to find it. Works like a charm!

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

TheUK fourm has a pinned thread on how to get a British passport in the US.

I keep mine in a locked place too.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

We always keep our passports in our home safe, However this one time I either took it out to start passport renewal (but I swear I put it back immediately) OR my husband used it to use as an alternate ID for jobs and didn't put it back (more likely). Either way, it was a very unusual thing to Not have the passport in our safe. I even made a copy of all our passports and put it in our safety deposit box at the bank.

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 19: Filed for K-1 Visa

Feb 8: Received K-1 Visa

April 27: Married!!

May 4: AOS & EAD sent off.

July 28: EAD Card Arrives in Mail!

Aug 23: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!

Aug 30: Welcome to America! letter arrived.

Sept 7: Greencard arrived in the mail!

May: Received Notice about Greencard Expiration end of August

July 15: Sent packet in mail!! (FINALLY!!)

July 16: Packet arrives @ CSC 10:52am Signed by V. Semegi

July 24: Received NOA (posted 7/21)

July 30: Received Bio Appt Letter in Mail

August 20 @ 2pm: Biometrics Appt. –

Sept 12: Approved!! Should be getting card within 60 days..

April 22: Mailing N400 Citizenship packet to Phoenix AZ! (about time!)

April 25 10:37am Phoenix USCIS Lockbox. Signed for by F DOMINGUEZ

April 28 NOA (received in mail May 2)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

July 26 8:10am Interview/Test APPROVED!

Jul 26 Oath Ceremony! Pete is now a US Citizen!

ficFm7.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.