Readthisandhelpme

Affridate of support

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

Hope I spelled the title correctly,anywho,Im 17 years old and legally married(no remarks on age if you please)and trying to figure out how to get my wife over here,but I'm stumped because the affridate of support(again pardon my spelling)says you must be 18 to sign.Please tell me there's some kind of loop hole around this,like letting a family member sign,co-sign,anything just please tell me what I want to hear(as long as it's not a lie).I couldn't stand to be away from her for another year so please help me out,everywhere I go Everyone says they've never heard of my situation,and have no idea.Please help me,Please tell me there's some way I can bring her here,the income isn't a problem Not only do my parents bring the requirements but I also have a job that meets the requirements.Please Help Me Out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hey my fiancee (the american petitioner) is 17 too and were a few days away from our interview. we have a co sponsor so hopefully that is a way around it. oh we also included a letter from her parents and co signed by a family friend to say that her parents are allowing us to marry and live in the house and things.

il let you know how that goes down at the interview but thats all we could think of to get around the problem

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

U.S. Sponsor Minimum Age Requirement

There is no minimum age for a U.S. sponsor (petitioner) to file a petition for a spouse. However, you must be at least 18 years of age and have a residence (domicile) in the U.S. before you can sign the Affidavit of Support (Form I-864 or I-864EZ). This form is required for an immigrant visa for a spouse and other relatives of U.S. sponsors.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2991.html#3

It is clearly saying that However

If the petitioner does not have a domicile in the United States, can a joint sponsor file an I-864? No, the petitioner must meet all the requirements to be a sponsor (age, domicile and citizenship), except those related to income, before there can be a joint sponsor.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html#3

I hope this is helpful

Good Luck for both of you

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Have you started filing yet? How far away from your 18th birthday are you? I ask because the I-864 isn't filled in till later, often 6 months after your initial petition is sent.

BTW, your profile shows you going for a K1 (fiance) visa, not a CR-1 (spousal visa).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Hope I spelled the title correctly,anywho,Im 17 years old and legally married(no remarks on age if you please)and trying to figure out how to get my wife over here,but I'm stumped because the affridate of support(again pardon my spelling)says you must be 18 to sign.Please tell me there's some kind of loop hole around this,like letting a family member sign,co-sign,anything just please tell me what I want to hear(as long as it's not a lie).I couldn't stand to be away from her for another year so please help me out,everywhere I go Everyone says they've never heard of my situation,and have no idea.Please help me,Please tell me there's some way I can bring her here,the income isn't a problem Not only do my parents bring the requirements but I also have a job that meets the requirements.Please Help Me Out.

If you're legally married then you'll want to file a petition (form I-130)to enable your spouse to apply for an IR-1/CR-1 visa rather than a K-1 fiance(e) visa. The instructions for the I-130 do not mention any age limitations for the petitioner. You definitely have to be 18 years of age to sign the affidavit of support though. Depending upon your birth date, you may want to file the petition now, with the hope of having another birthday prior to the petition approval and your having to send the AoS to the NVC.

George

11/15/10: I-130 package FEDEX'd to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/10: NSO Marriage and Birth Certificates available for pick-up at NSO

11/17/10: Receipt Date of I-130 petition at Chicago Lockbox

11/19/10: NSO Marriage Cert and Birth Cert (4x each) received by Gina in Philippines

11/19/10: CRBA package couriered to US Embassy in Manila

11/22/10: CRBA package/application including NSO BC & MC received by embassy

11/22/10: NOA1 Date

11/24/10: Electronic notification of receipt received from Chicago Lockbox

11/24/10: Embassy scheduled CRBA appointment for 12/21/2010

11/26/20: Check cashed

11/27/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received via USPS

12/21/10: Interview/Personal appearance at Manila Embassy for CRBA **approved**

01/03/11: CRBA and US Passport for daughter received by Gina via FEDEX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

im doing the k1...i cant see any such restrictions on the i 134 sponsor form,and her birthday is in a couple of months,so she will be 18 by the time we file the AOS,so we should be pretty okay im thinking,that was our plan at least

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

How old are you now? As in, how many months to your 18th birthday?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

you can not sign the affidavit of support unless you turn 18

so you have to wait for a little while before you petition so when you get to the AOS stage you will be 18

do you get what i mean ?

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.