misteem

K1 Interview in Jamaica..

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all, I am in need of some serious counsel now. My fiance' had his interview today. However, after a short question and answer period, the consular told him that I (the petitioner) would be contacted and that they couldn't issue a visa today. He then proceeded to say that my fiance' would hear more from me. They kept all of our paperwork except his passport and personal cards, photos, etc. The consular never said he was denied.. never gave any denial letters or denial stamps in the passport.

What does this mean? Has anyone gone through this process before? Do they mail a denial/approval letter? I'm sooo confused as they never stated what additional information they need from me. Is this a form or administrative processing?

Thanks

[08-06-10] - Mailed petition to California Service Center

[08-09-10] - Packet received and signed for at service center

[08-16-10] - Check cashed in Lewisville, Texas

[08-19-10] - Received NOA1 by mail (notice date August 13th)

[01-05-11] - Received email notification of NOA2 approval

[01-10-11] - NOA2 Hardcopy received - (Approval date January 4th)

[01-10-11} - NVC Case# Received

[01-13-11] - Case left NVC for the Embassy

[02-08-11] - Scanned and emailed DS-230 to Embassy; no Packet 3 received

[02-16-11] - Packet 4 mailed to fiance'

[03-18-11] - Interview date

[03-18-11] - Case Pending AP

[05-04-11] - Petition expired (no extension granted by embassy in JA)

[05-17-11] - Petition returned to USCIS

[08-01-11] - 2nd I-129 petition filed

[08-10-11] - NOA1 notice received

[01-17-12] - RFE (IMBRA limitations on #of petitions)

[01-19-12] - Sent request for IMBRA -I-129F waiver

[01-31-12] - NOA2 approved

[02-27-12] - Packet 3 Received (DS-230 Scanned and emailed)

[03-05-12] - Packet 4 Received w/interview date

[03-23-12] - Interview in JA - Approved!!! [/font]

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all, I am in need of some serious counsel now. My fiance' had his interview today. However, after a short question and answer period, the consular told him that I (the petitioner) would be contacted and that they couldn't issue a visa today. He then proceeded to say that my fiance' would hear more from me. They kept all of our paperwork except his passport and personal cards, photos, etc. The consular never said he was denied.. never gave any denial letters or denial stamps in the passport.

What does this mean? Has anyone gone through this process before? Do they mail a denial/approval letter? I'm sooo confused as they never stated what additional information they need from me. Is this a form or administrative processing?

Thanks

:( so sorry to hear that the interview went that way :(

Did they give him a blue slip to return to the embassy at all??

It may be possible that the consular obtained negative information about the beneficiary (prior K1 filed on his behalf...?)

There is no way for us to speculate with any accuracy, you will have to wait to hear from the embassy. :(

You can try to call or e-mail them and ask why the visa was not issued...

Thanks

They will send you a denial letter, why do you think your finace was denied. It doesn't sound good if they didn't keep the passport.

What were the questions asked of your finance?

It may be possible that the consular obtained negative information about the beneficiary (prior K1 filed on his behalf...?)
There is no way for us to speculate with any accuracy, you will have to wait to hear from the embassy. :(

How long ago was this prior K1 request?

Timeline

Hi LIFE'sJOURNEY :whistle:

I don't know that there WAS a prior K1, but I have seen this type of thing here before and it turned out the consular had found a prior K1 and believed the relationship was not legit...

I agree it is not a good sign that they gave the passport back... :(

Hi LIFE'sJOURNEY :whistle:

I don't know that there WAS a prior K1, but I have seen this type of thing here before and it turned out the consular had found a prior K1 and believed the relationship was not legit...

I agree it is not a good sign that they gave the passport back... :(

Hi JAPrincess,

If she doesn't want to put more details here in public she can PM either one of us, or go over to the forum, where she can get a clearer picture of how the Jamaican Embassy operate.

Timeline

I just did a Google search and found this:

Applicant would be interviewed, denied, and told if they are eligible for a waiver. Petitioner would not be notified at all (to my knowledge) except in the case of a K1 Fiance applicant who needs a waiver - for some reason in these cases some consulates contact the petitioner to ensure that s/he is aware of the ineligibility and does want to proceed with the process.

Timeline

Thanks JAPrincess.. I emailed the embassy and they replied stating the original documents will be returned following administrative processing. Does that still sound bad? They didn't give him a blue slip but said they would contact me. I spoke with the Dept. of State and they stated Kingston is doing different things from case to case and may ask me to visit. The DOS rep also stated that they usually give some sort of denial letter (written or verbal) when they deem the case denied on the spot. I'm completely fine with visiting if that's what they need.. .this is all very new and confusing now.

Timeline

Hi JAPrincess,

If she doesn't want to put more details here in public she can PM either one of us, or go over to the forum, where she can get a clearer picture of how the Jamaican Embassy operate.

a true...

OP, I would definitely ask my fiancée what questions he was asked by the consular and if anyone has ever filed for him before!

Timeline

They will send you a denial letter, why do you think your finace was denied. It doesn't sound good if they didn't keep the passport.

What were the questions asked of your finance?

Hi LIFE'SJOURNEY... I'm hoping he won't be denied but I was just jumping the gun I guess. They asked him all of the run-of-the-mill questions like:

When did we meet?

When did we last meet?

Where do I live?

Do I have kids... does he have kids?

Where he works?

I thought it was odd that they didn't specify needing more information from me or from him. He's has never had a petition filed before and I've never done this before either. My income is well above the requirement. I provided all the documents they would need to prove financial stability and proof of our relationship (calling card receipts, Digicel receipts, bank statements, etc.)

Not sure what more they want at this point.. so I guess it will be a waiting game once again. :(

Timeline

Thanks JAPrincess.. I emailed the embassy and they replied stating the original documents will be returned following administrative processing. Does that still sound bad? They didn't give him a blue slip but said they would contact me. I spoke with the Dept. of State and they stated Kingston is doing different things from case to case and may ask me to visit. The DOS rep also stated that they usually give some sort of denial letter (written or verbal) when they deem the case denied on the spot. I'm completely fine with visiting if that's what they need.. .this is all very new and confusing now.

I hear you on the confusing part! So sorry!! I know what it is like to wait and wait for that day and then be left going "what now" :blink::crying:

Truly all you can do is wait to hear from them what they are going to do with your case...

The part above in bold confuses me... what original documents are they talking about?? What exactly did you ask in the e-mail??

Does that still sound bad?

Sorry to say, yes :(

Hi LIFE'SJOURNEY... I'm hoping he won't be denied but I was just jumping the gun I guess. They asked him all of the run-of-the-mill questions like:

When did we meet?

When did we last meet?

Where do I live?

Do I have kids... does he have kids?

Where he works?

I thought it was odd that they didn't specify needing more information from me or from him. He's has never had a petition filed before and I've never done this before either. My income is well above the requirement. I provided all the documents they would need to prove financial stability and proof of our relationship (calling card receipts, Digicel receipts, bank statements, etc.)

Not sure what more they want at this point.. so I guess it will be a waiting game once again. :(

Do he think anything was not right about the medical?

Timeline

I just did a Google search and found this:

Wow.. so there's reason to believe another petition exists? I can PM you if that's ok?

Timeline

It is possible that there was something in his medical report...

Wow.. so there's reason to believe another petition exists? I can PM you if that's ok?

Don't let me scare you girl, I am ONLY speculating based on cases I have seen... it is also VERY possible there was NOT another petition...

Only the embassy knows why at this point...

You can PM me anytime (F)

It is possible that there was something in his medical report...

Misteem, all of the questions we are asking you, you needs to ask these same questions to your SO.

Remember I said ask not acuse, no one knows the answers to your questions, so you will have to be patient and wait for the consluar to contact you. :thumbs:

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

Misteem, all of the questions we are asking you, you needs to ask these same questions to your SO.

Remember I said ask not acuse, no one knows the answers to your questions, so you will have to be patient and wait for the consluar to contact you. :thumbs:

I just scroll back and see we both asked about medical at the same time...

Yes, Misteem, ask him if he has ANY idea if there could be anything in his medical or in his past that would cause him to be ineligible...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.