ilovemybaby

K1 interview fee..only 6,100 pesos

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi i just wondering if visa interview fee is now only 6,100 pesos? coz i paid mine today and the teller only asked me to pay 6,100 for K1 interview fee...

i thought it was $350 ??? do they have promo now?? lol i dnt wanna have problem coz of this..thanks

anyone who experienced this?

faith_love_peace.jpg

Timeline

hi i just wondering if visa interview fee is now only 6,100 pesos? coz i paid mine today and the teller only asked me to pay 6,100 for K1 interview fee...

i thought it was $350 ??? do they have promo now?? lol i dnt wanna have problem coz of this..thanks

My fiancee just paid 15,400 pesos about a week ago. I wouldn't believe them. Pay the $350.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Better u back to the bank to just clarify it maybe the teller was wrong sis..

Timeline

You were in Manila. Are you sure it was the teller who asked for 6100 pesos or was it the taxi driver ? :lol:

event.png

Timeline

You were in Manila. Are you sure it was the teller who asked for 6100 pesos or was it the taxi driver ? :lol:

hahah im sure it was the teller..i was insisting to pay the $350 for the k1 interview ..but she was like "no .its only 6,100" ... maybe st.patricks day promo..lmao ill go back tomorrow

faith_love_peace.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

is that the original price?or reduced price too??

coz im talkn bout K1 here hunny :) have u paid ur k1 fee ?

hahaha sorry what i was trying to say is that maybe the bank teller got confused with b1/b2 visa and k1 visa. K1 visa is $350. and i havent heard of discount in visa fee. i guess you have to go back and talk to other bank teller about it. you dont want to have problems during your interview day.

Timeline

I agree with Kylie&Uan. You probably paid for the B1/B2 (Tourist Visa).

Depending on the dollar/peso rate for the day, B1 visa fee is $140=P6,000+ in today's trading. While the K1 visa interview fee is $350 = P15,000+ today if $1=P43.. :)

Edited by lovelyjoy

TIMELINE:

Feb 01, 2011 - Sent I-129F to Texas Lockbox

Feb 07, 2011 - I-129F Received

Feb 19, 2011 - NOA1 (Mail)

May 13, 2011 - NOA2 (e-mail notice)

May 17, 2011 - NOA 2 (Mail)

May 28, 2011 - Got case number after 2 weeks of waiting

May 30-31, 2011 - 2-day Medical at SLMEC (without the NVC letter, just the MCN)

July 01, 2011 - Interview (APPROVED despite delayed documents!)

July 14, 2011 - Picked up visa from 2Go Main

July 15, 2011 - Bought one-way ticket for first time immigrant (rate)

July 18, 2011 - CFO at SMEF-COW

July 31, 2011 - Flight to the US! (Finally!)

My blogsite: www.neighborlj.blogspot.com

Timeline

hahaha sorry what i was trying to say is that maybe the bank teller got confused with b1/b2 visa and k1 visa. K1 visa is $350. and i havent heard of discount in visa fee. i guess you have to go back and talk to other bank teller about it. you dont want to have problems during your interview day.

alryt :) haha i gonna nag there..lmao thank u

faith_love_peace.jpg

St. Pats promo lol :rofl: go back to the bank and have it triple check to avoid problem.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

i paid mine last march 15, it was 15,400 php equivalent to 350 usd

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

I have experience this... and I paid at the BPI Main Building in Makati... So I told the guy who informed me to pay P6,100, go inside and inquire, informed him i am paying K-Visa, it took him awhile to verify but when he's back... he has this folder (I figure a list of type of visas and the rate), then he informed me that i should pay P15,750... and i said that sounds about right... although not really, coz if you compute, they are using the forex rate of $1:Php45, and forex rate these days is around P43.50, but its nearer $350.

I also read somewhere here that she paid the rate of tourist visa... and during her interview, she was approved but was asked to pay the balance of the visa fee...

ohh here it is... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/294655-having-all-sorts-of-fun-with-the-manila-embassy/page__p__4464438#entry4464438

So i suggest you go back to the bank and pay your balance... sorry, no St. Patrick's Day discount...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i have the same experience when i was paying my visa and i told them i was told to pay $350 for FIANcee visa, then she accepted my payment.. i assumed they're confuse about Finacee visa and non immigrant visa, coz 6,100 is for non immigrant visa..

August 25, 2010 I-129F was sent to Lewisville, TX

August 27, 2010 received date

August 30, 2010 NOA1

September 1, 2010 NOA1 hardcopy

September 8, 2010 'touched'

February 2, 2011 RFE =(

February 7, 2011 RFE hardcopy received and sent back to CSC

February 10, 2011 USCIS received our response to RFE

February 15, 2011 I129F APPROVED!! Thank You Lord God...

February 22, 2011 NOA2 hardcopy received..

NVC just received our case

February 23, 2011 Got new case number from NVC via email..

March 2 and 3, 2011 Medical at St. Lukes (PASSED!)

March 7, 2011 US consulate received our case.

MArch 15, 2011 CFO guidance and counseling seminar (got the green cert)

March 17, 2011 USEM letter received via Email..

April 5, 2011 Interview.. VISA APPROVED!

April 13, 2011 Visa in hand..

April 15,2011 POE: LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.