Adam&Noory

i129-F APPROVED!!! Lucky or worried for no reason

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Hi all,

My I129-F petition was approved yesterday almost 6 hours after putting in a service request. My fiancee and i are very excited to finally be able to move on with the process. My petition was filed back in October and i did not find this website until around November so i hired a lawyer since i knew nothing about the process. After finding this site i became very worried that my petition would get an RFE or be put in AP.

Here are the reasons why:

1. According to what i read on here i did NOT include the long form birth certificate with my petition, i only sent the short form, and i only sent the information page and visa stamp page of my passport. I did NOT send ALL pages of my passport. So i thought for sure i would get an RFE for this.

2. My Fiancee is a Mautitius citizen and had been living in the UK for 5 years when i went to UK and met her face to face. This meeting in the UK was our 1st and is what i sent to the USCIS to prove we met in person. I sent in everything my lawyer told me to prove i went there to meet her(bording pass, itenerairy, passport stamp, 8 dated photoes of us with descriptions). I DID NOT send any proof that my fiance was in the UK other than the photos. I did have her place of residence on the biographical form as in UK but no primairy evidence of that. According to what i read on here i have seen where people get an RFE because they need to prove that both of them were in the same country at the same time with more than just photoes so i thought for sure i would get an RFE for that.

3. On the I129-F form i had to check the box for "YES" i did have a criminal record of 3 or more drug or alcohol offenses because of some minor convictions i had several years ago. My lawyer had me call and get these records from the court clerks office to send along with my petition. When i did this they sent me the records but it only had 2 of the convictions on it and i was told the others were exponged from my record for being so long ago and so minor. I had the clerk put this in writing and sign it for me to send along with the criminal record to send with my petition. After reading on this website i saw that some people were being put on admin. processing and they did not even have a criminal record at all(or at least thats what they say on here). So i thought for sure i would get put on AP for this. I am sure it will get brought up at the interview for my fiancee so i told her ALL the details of my convictions.

So with ALL these things going through my head day after day and calling my lawyer to ask why he did not have me send in the right documents i finally get the best result possible at this stage, PETITION APPROVED!!! So now i start to think, was i just lucky or was i worried for no reason? I know i probably should just forget about it and thank god i got approved but i always have to wonder about these things.

I hope this may help some people that are in the situation i was in and hope that people don't drive themselves too crazy about these things like i did.

Good luck to you all on your journey!!!

Approved is approved! Congratulations! Irrelevant of any information you think might jeopardize your fiancée’s chances for a visa, maintain the same strategy, this being honest about all past and present endeavors. The more information you can provide to your fiancée regarding your life and past, the better she will be prepared for the interview. Especially, as it pertains to any content that lies within your packet. Ensure you send her an exact copy of the packet you filed prior to the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations! You were approved because you met the criteria for your petition to be approved. Now it's time to focus on the interview. Be sure your fiancee knows EVERY LITTLE DETAIL about you and your past. Even if you have a conviction that was expunged, it is important for her to know the details about what it is you were charged with. Best of luck for you on your journey.

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Thank you!!! She knows me VERY well. We have been living together for the past 5 months and i plan on going with her to the interview.

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

so u mean to say that the old record is automatically expunged,just like my fiance,well as of now we are having delays with our papers its been 9m0nths and im worrying all the time,i hope and wish that they will approve us just like yours even though you and my fiance had criminal record,,i feel so relieved now!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

event.png

K1 Process

11/04/2010 | NOA1 Received

11/15/2010 | Touched

02/24/2011 | Flyiin to be with my love

03/05/2011 | Back to waiting,back to US .lol

04/04/2011 | 150th Day Mark.arghh

04/25/2011 | NOA2..yayyy

NVC

05/03/2011 | NVC Received SDO# ASSIGNED

05/05/2011 | Case En route to Santo Domingo

05/07/2011 | Received NVC letter date 5/3/2011

05/11/2011 | Santo Domingo Received Case

05/17/2011 | Interview scheduled

06/01/2011 | Pkt.4 Received

07/06/2011 | Medical Done

07/17/2011 | Leaving to DR

07/19/2011 | INTERVIEW AT 6:45AM APPROVED

08/03/2011 | VISA Printed

08/08/2011 | Visa Received

08/09/2011 | POE @ JFK

09/23/2011 | MARRIED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

so u mean to say that the old record is automatically expunged,just like my fiance,well as of now we are having delays with our papers its been 9m0nths and im worrying all the time,i hope and wish that they will approve us just like yours even though you and my fiance had criminal record,,i feel so relieved now!

Only if you are minor when the crime is committed. Under 18. The record is sealed or expunged unless of course the crime was a felony not sure then

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations and good luck on the rest of your journey.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Only if you are minor when the crime is committed. Under 18. The record is sealed or expunged unless of course the crime was a felony not sure then

yeah not sure!no one can tell the exact thing what will happen,bcoz my fiance's old record is not in his police clearance,the only thing that showed up is his DUI.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.