RKhalid

Question for anyone who knows the answer!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

when i did the AOS for my husband i was unemployed and based it on my joint sponsor's income entirely, it was approved,

Anyway, now , three months later, i have a job...does my husband need to let the embassy know that i have a job and give evidence of it, like a pay stub or something, when he goes for his interview?

thanks for you knowledge

Leona :star:

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

I would bring the evidence in case there is any question about financial support. Can't hurt. In fact, they might question whether or not you have yet found a job....

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Timeline

Great,

Thanks alot jen, i am just so curious to know exactly what kind of things my husband should bring, i also started college , do you know what kind of questions they ask and what kind of evidences they want to see?

his interview is janurary 2nd , will he need to bring a recent pay slip of the co sponsor as well to show that the co sponsor is still employed and making the same amount of money....

thanks alot for you help, im so excited and scared at the same time....i hope to be one of the success stories that come on VJ and scream about their spouse getting the visa :D

Thanks. :luv:

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

Great,

Thanks alot jen, i am just so curious to know exactly what kind of things my husband should bring, i also started college , do you know what kind of questions they ask and what kind of evidences they want to see?

his interview is janurary 2nd , will he need to bring a recent pay slip of the co sponsor as well to show that the co sponsor is still employed and making the same amount of money....

thanks alot for you help, im so excited and scared at the same time....i hope to be one of the success stories that come on VJ and scream about their spouse getting the visa :D

Thanks. :luv:

I hope so too!! We haven't done an AOS yet, but check here for some good information!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1

Best wishes! Jen

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Filed: Timeline

*ahem*

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

*ahem*

Pay no attention to that caffeine-induced response behind the curtain.... :P

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Timeline

Thanks again,

I read the site you posted, it was helpful...but i just wanted to know one more thing, the I-864 they are saying is required, the embassy will already have our AOS right? , i mean we aren't gonna have to bring another one are we?

Thanks for your help :star:

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Thanks again,

I read the site you posted, it was helpful...but i just wanted to know one more thing, the I-864 they are saying is required, the embassy will already have our AOS right? , i mean we aren't gonna have to bring another one are we?

Thanks for your help :star:

If NVC sent the CR-1 to the embassy, the Affidavit of Support has been reviewed by NVC. If sponsor's financial situation has changed which can affect the Affidavit of Support, I think in your case it would not hurt that you send updated Affidavit of Support to your spouse for the interview. My opinion it might be a good thing that the primary sponsor has a job to support the immigrating spouse, no ?

Good luck

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

Timeline

Thanks,

your answer has led me to another question, my affidivat of support was filled by me, and a co sponsor, my brother in law, he makes way more than the poverty line, and that is why our AOS was approved, however my job that i have now, is still not enough anyway, or i mean over the poverty line, but i do agree that it still looks better that i atleast have a job...ok, so the question is, can i just do a new affidivat for me? because i don't want to have to put my brother in law through all of that paper work again, since his financial status has not changed....but one more thing, should my husband have with him a recent pay stub of my co sponsor's to prove that he infact still has the same job at the time of my husband's interview (jan 2) ?

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

Timeline

Hi again,

this might be a duh question..but you meant by your answer that "yes" the embassy will already have my husband's AOS and he wont' necessarily HAVE to bring one with him, but should because it would help our case that i have a job,

Thanks for answering my duh question :hehe:

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Thanks,

your answer has led me to another question, my affidivat of support was filled by me, and a co sponsor, my brother in law, he makes way more than the poverty line, and that is why our AOS was approved, however my job that i have now, is still not enough anyway, or i mean over the poverty line, but i do agree that it still looks better that i atleast have a job...ok, so the question is, can i just do a new affidivat for me? because i don't want to have to put my brother in law through all of that paper work again, since his financial status has not changed....but one more thing, should my husband have with him a recent pay stub of my co sponsor's to prove that he infact still has the same job at the time of my husband's interview (jan 2) ?

Hi, I am not familiar with the new affidavit of support (we did this using the old I-864).

Anyway, I believe you can have new affidavit of support for yourself only (at least that was what we did when I went to interview January this year - my husband had different job when I had interview). Please note, we still used old I-864 format, so please do consider that factor in. Additionally, I believe the NVC packet should already contained all document submitted for the joint sponsor.

Hi again,

this might be a duh question..but you meant by your answer that "yes" the embassy will already have my husband's AOS and he wont' necessarily HAVE to bring one with him, but should because it would help our case that i have a job,

Thanks for answering my duh question :hehe:

I scanned through the new affidavit of support forms, but I could not find something that say "you should bring the revised affidavit of support". In your case, it might help as it shows that the sponsor now is employed.

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

Timeline

ok great,

i understand that now, and it really helped me alot, because other wise i would have never thought to do another AOS for my change in employement, because that is gonna help us, thanks so much for your input :D

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.