joshbola

Questions About NVC

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello there Everyone, How is everyone doing? This is my first post and first of all I wanted to say Thank You for all the Hard Work that you guys do. I have looked through this website and I have found a lot of helpful information. But I wanted to To Talk to you and get your input on what to do Next. So please look over my information and let me know if I am doing good.

Current Status - I-130 (Pending) For Wife (India) and I am U.S. Citizen. I called the USCIS office and I was told that I should get a decision before April 24, 2011. I submitt ed the Form last Nov 24, 2010, so I guess it is a Five Month Process.

After reading the NVC Time Savers, I have started to get my other Paperwork Ready. Please let me know if I forgot something. Please look over my List:

1) Have sent DS-3032 and DS-230 to my Wife. Should I have my Wife Fill out Both of the Form and send them to me now?

2) Also Is there any other Form that my wife needs to fillout besides DS-3032 and DS-230?

3) And is the items listed below good for Supporting Documents from my wife?

a) 2 Passport-sized photographs of the beneficiary

b) Completed and signed form DS-230 Part 1 by the beneficiary

c) Completed and 'unsigned' form DS-230 Part 2 by the beneficiary

d) Photocopy of the biographic data page of the beneficiary's passport

e) Original/Certified birth certificate of the beneficiary

f) Original/Certified marriage certificate of the beneficiary and the petitioner

g) Original police certificate(s) of the beneficiary

Lol, I think for now this is enough for now. Please share your thoughts on these questions. I am pretty sure I will be asking you guys alot more questions. Thank U For All Your Help!

Josh

USCIS Dept (In Progress)

230 packet instructions May wish to include photo copy of the packet also. Here's the link from Dept. of State. Best of luck!!! She can email the 3032 in to Nvc.

Bob

Edited by calibob
  • Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Hello there Everyone, How is everyone doing? This is my first post and first of all I wanted to say Thank You for all the Hard Work that you guys do. I have looked through this website and I have found a lot of helpful information. But I wanted to To Talk to you and get your input on what to do Next. So please look over my information and let me know if I am doing good.

Current Status - I-130 (Pending) For Wife (India) and I am U.S. Citizen. I called the USCIS office and I was told that I should get a decision before April 24, 2011. I submitt ed the Form last Nov 24, 2010, so I guess it is a Five Month Process.

After reading the NVC Time Savers, I have started to get my other Paperwork Ready. Please let me know if I forgot something. Please look over my List:

1) Have sent DS-3032 and DS-230 to my Wife. Should I have my Wife Fill out Both of the Form and send them to me now?

2) Also Is there any other Form that my wife needs to fillout besides DS-3032 and DS-230?

3) And is the items listed below good for Supporting Documents from my wife?

a) 2 Passport-sized photographs of the beneficiary

b) Completed and signed form DS-230 Part 1 by the beneficiary

c) Completed and 'unsigned' form DS-230 Part 2 by the beneficiary

d) Photocopy of the biographic data page of the beneficiary's passport

e) Original/Certified birth certificate of the beneficiary

f) Original/Certified marriage certificate of the beneficiary and the petitioner

g) Original police certificate(s) of the beneficiary

Lol, I think for now this is enough for now. Please share your thoughts on these questions. I am pretty sure I will be asking you guys alot more questions. Thank U For All Your Help!

Josh

You wife doesn't need to fill out the DS-3032. She can email the DS-3032 by following this template: http://www.visajourn...il_DS-3032_form

Yes, you can have your wife fill out the DS-230 now and send it to you, along with all the supporting documents. Remember to get a notarized translation of all documents not in English and include that as well as the original/certified copy. Also include a photocopy of all civil documents, so you can get your originals/certified copies back at the interview.

Besides the DS-3032 and DS-230, no your wife does not need to fill out any other forms.

Edited by Saylin

Timeline

I just wanted to share with you guys that I am also reading the EZGuideSpouse Guide and James's Shortcuts. I have also found other Full Guide, but I just wanted to ask if anyone recommend one over the other. The other one I found "How Do I Bring My Spouse (Husband or Wife) to Live in the United States? (Wiki)" Seems to have alot of info and it recommened me that If I follow all the info correctly, I should be done with NVC 4 - 6 Weeks. Any Thoughts on these Guys? Also I hope you guys don't mind me asking lots of question. Again ThanK You for all your help!

USCIS Dept (In Progress)

Ling Che's shortcut This is another resource you can use. I put your mentions and this link on my bookmarks and followed them carefully, and asked questions when I was unsure. This was after I had done a google search in the upper right hand spot on the page and saw recent discussions. You'll be fine and zoom through the NVC with flying colors!! Just be polite and persistent and you'll be good. Loto has a good shortcut but it was completed during my journey and I didnt have an opportunity to use it. James' and LingChe's shortcut covers it all and Loto's is cream on top. Best of luck to you :thumbs:

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Timeline

You Are Awesome, Thank You for all your help. I will print out James' and LingChe's shortcut and I will look over both of them carefully. If I can knockout NVC within Month, that would really make me happy and of course mt wife. Because I know India also take there sweet time when processing Case. Again Thanks for the help and I will ask if I run into any Issues.

USCIS Dept (In Progress)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

don't forget the 'go fast' method when using the online payment portal -

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You Are Awesome, Thank You for all your help. I will print out James' and LingChe's shortcut and I will look over both of them carefully. If I can knockout NVC within Month, that would really make me happy and of course mt wife. Because I know India also take there sweet time when processing Case. Again Thanks for the help and I will ask if I run into any Issues.

Absolutely - using the LingChe template for the DS-3032 form (which I emailed according to the template) and following all the other rules got me thru NVC in 22 days. I know that the record is 11 or 7, but I'm not complaining to be done in 3 weeks! Also, another big tip is to write your case # on the top left or right hand corner of every single page. if the incompetent choads at the NVC ever lose a page (which happens all the time over there), then at least that'll help them locate your case. word of caution for the PCC - do the necessary prep work to get it, but be aware that the consulates in India require that the PCC be obtained within 6 months OF THE INTERVIEW DATE. if you obtain too early, then you may have to obtain another one. Also depending on where your wife will be interviewing from, I've heard ridiculous things of passport offices asking to see a letter from teh consulate asking for a PCC 1st (ie a RFE, which you definitely wanna stay away from and not get), rather than processing one w/o the letter (which is what they should be doing). In Bangalore, it wasnt an issue, but I've heard that in Ahmedabad, they ask you to do bring the letter. so this will no doubt increase your NVC time, since 1st you'll have to send the NVC packet w/o the PCC, wait for the RFE and then take it to the idiots there to give you a PCC. So perhaps keep a lot of rupaiyas around for some bribing. best of luck!

Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale - My beautiful wife Soni
Timeline:
USCIS: 10-06-2009: I-130 rec'd by USCIS; 03-16-2010: I-130 APPROVAL (after 5+ friggin months of torture, agony and waiting!)
NVC:
04-29-2010: INTERVIEW ASSIGNED FOR JUNE 10TH IN CHENNAI CONSULATE, INDIA; 06-10-2010: INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!!!!!
06-18-2010: Entered US - NEW YORK CITY and 08-16-2010: GC received! (nearly 2 months after PoE) woo hoo!
AOS for permanent 10 yr green card:

04-02-2012: NOA of I-751 and 1 yr extension of temp green card

05-03-2012: Biometrics appointment

12-18-2012: 10 yr Green card approved; 12-22-2012: Green card rec'd

N-400 citizenship:

06-19-2013: N-400 mailed; 06-22-2013: N-400 rec'd at Dallas lockbox

10-3-2013: Interview date - APPROVED!

10-18-2013: NATURALIZED - We are done with USCIS!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.