Kimchimex

Our RFE after 5 months...crud

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well all October filing folks we just got the dreaded (or welcomed) email anouncing an RFE. Won't know what it is until Rip gets home from work, checks the snail mail & calls me. boo boo sad sad! :crying: I can't imagine what it could be, but at least they looked at the darn petition finally.

Rip just got back from visiting Lupita for Valentines day they took a bunch more photos he brought her a netbook & set up internet in the house to make communication easier & planning the wedding simpler, so if the RFE is for relationship proof...this should help. I am sad since we had tables chairs etc reserved for June 11 wedding...no money down, but still sad...poop!

But on the bright side, they are looking at it & since it is a real relationship...we should be able to send them what ever they want...and it gives all us family members more time to save to help out with wedding costs...(see the bright side is always good) :thumbs:

At this point they won't want proof of your relationship, all they care about is that you met in person in the last 2 years. The proof of relationship comes at the interview. Hopefully it is just a missing signature or something easy.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Timeline

well I would be surprised if it is signature since we were crazy about getting it all signed...plus had passport stamps showing entry,for all visits. Could be kid related...maybe they need more info on the children...

guess we will know soon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Don't stress. RFE usually aren't a big deal. If you followed the guides here it's probably something small. Sometimes they mess up and send people a RFE for something they've already sent it, and you just have to send it again. Stupid right?

No point worrying until you see what it is :)

01/09/09 - Sent I-129F

Visa Approved!

23/07/10 - Arrived in the U.S.

28/08/10 - Got Married

20/10/10 - Sent AOS

04/11/10 - InfoPass Appointment to request an Expedited AP

05/11/10 - Expedited AP Approved! RFE requested for AOS

01/02/11 - RFE sent

01/01/11 - RFE Received

01/12/11 - Biometrics taken

01/28/11 - EAD Approved

02/02/11 - AOS moved to CSC

03/07/11 - Greencard Approved!

Timeline

Yea that was my thought exactly...probably for something in front of them...oh well...more time for wedding planning & saving. Just want to get the kids here & into summer school for English :wacko:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I was wondering when you guys would get your turn... :) That's not the best news but it still is GOOD news! I think the hardest part of this process is the waiting and waiting and not knowing so at least there is some action, now. Besides I see a lot of people get their NOA2's a week or two after the RFE so you still could very well make the wedding!!! I'm sure it'll be a quick fix and you'll get to wait with us for the consulate to get their act together!

I-129F

NOA1- August 23,2010

NOA2- January 24, 2011 (NOA1-NOA2: 154 days)

NVC Receive- January 31, 2011

NVC Sent- February 1, 2011

Consulate Receive- February 3, 2011

Consulate Sent Packet 3- March 10, 2011 (CDJ Receive-Packet 3 sent: 35 days)

Receive Packet 3 in U.S.- March 21, 2011

ASC Appointment- March 23, 2011

Interview- March 24, 2011

Crossed into the U.S.- April 7, 2011

A.O.S.

I-485 in the mail- June 14, 2011

I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox- June 16, 2011

NOA1- June 17, 2011

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.