tru_loves_journey

Egypt Information

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know exactly how you feel, I don't come on here much because its too depressing, I'm ready to pull my hair out!!! Although they are still working on our case, I know they are short staffed and things are being delayed because of that.

I am the same as you, if someone could give me a date and say this is when he will get the visa or there is a time limit in AP, blah blah I could deal a lot better. And it doesn't help when everyone around you is asking the same questions.."when is he coming?" I would like to know the answer to that myself. I have thought about taking another trip back there if he doesn't get it within the next month before the baby comes and while I'm still able to fly.

I know the situation in Egypt may not be completely stable, but they should still be able to function, or at least work on the immigrant visa's so they don't get so backed up. Saying prayers for everyone that is being effected by this!!

Ohhhhhhh the DREADED QUESTION.... When is he coming???? Arghhh, if I hear that one more time, or the.... "I really wish Ahmed would get here I wanna see him.... Oh when people say that to m e I want to bite their head off... I want to say "and I don't???" :bonk:

Timeline

Trust me Amber when you are able to say: he will be here on a certain date all this other stuff wont matter anymore...keep your head up sweetie. I hate all of you are having to wait with no word..they should at least send our apology emails..giving some hope or idea of when they might open back up. If it passes that date then send out something saying its been postponed. Sorry and I hope you all will get some news soon.

Timeline

Trust me Amber when you are able to say: he will be here on a certain date all this other stuff wont matter anymore...keep your head up sweetie. I hate all of you are having to wait with no word..they should at least send our apology emails..giving some hope or idea of when they might open back up. If it passes that date then send out something saying its been postponed. Sorry and I hope you all will get some news soon.

Thank you Wendy, your a great friend! (F) And you know what??? YOU ARE SOOOO RIGHT!!!

Timeline

My thoughts and prayers to all of you trying to get into and out of the Embassy in Egypt.

Thank you, prayers are the BEST thing anyone can do for another person... Thank you very much!

Timeline

I emailed them a few days ago to inquire about the case

The Embassy plans to resume limited processing of immigrant visas (IV)

for the spouses and children of U.S. citizens soon. We will contact

applicants in these categories with previously scheduled interviews for

rescheduling. Immigrant visa applicants who have not yet been

interviewed by a consular officer may request another U.S. Embassy to

accept their immigrant visa case for processing. Any request must be

sent directly to the Immigrant Visa Section of the relevant embassy.

Information on which U.S. embassies and consulates process immigrant

visas is available at http://travel.state.gov. Immigrant visa fees

which have been paid to the U.S. Embassy Cairo or to the National Visa

Center in the United States are valid for visa processing at another

U.S. Embassy.

Nothing new, it is a copy paste of what's on the website :blink:

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I guess my case will stay at NVC, It arrived there on 3/2 and I just called (3/15) and the operator said its still there and she don't know if they will be forwarding due to the problems in Egypt. She told me to keep checking the travel.state.gov website..I will call tomorrow to see what they tell me then :(

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I guess my case will stay at NVC, It arrived there on 3/10 and I just called (3/15) and the operator said its still there and she don't know if they will be forwarding due to the problems in Egypt. She told me to keep checking the travel.state.gov website..I will call tomorrow to see what they tell me then :(

* I Made a Date correction

Edited by tru_loves_journey

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

probably when you call tomorrow, most likely they will tell you it has been forwarded to Cairo. I have seen somebody saying he sent documents to the embassy and they received them. So the embassy is open, and running, they just don't do any interviews at the time being. That's what I think. Keep me updated if you know from them tomorrow they did the same thing to yours. Thanks

I-129F sent July 26 201

NOA1 date July 29-2010

RFE February

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I guess my case will stay at NVC, It arrived there on 3/2 and I just called (3/15) and the operator said its still there and she don't know if they will be forwarding due to the problems in Egypt. She told me to keep checking the travel.state.gov website..I will call tomorrow to see what they tell me then :(

I'm sorry Kim, I know this is so frustrating :( I also heard that NVC was holding all files until the embassy reopens. A positive side to this is that if you want to try and transfer your case, NVC will probably be a lot quicker than waiting for Cairo to do it. If the file is sent to Cairo, and its taking a long time and you decide you want to transfer, it may take a while considering they are short staffed. The embassy is not completely shut down, but idk if they want all of these cases sitting around. It seems it would make more sense to hold onto them until the government decides what they are going to do with the embassy and when they anticipate it reopening.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.