ThomKimQC

Men Your Thoughts On Filipina

140 posts in this topic

If any Filipinas took offense to my posts here, I apologize. The jest was aimed at the stereotypes themselves and those who perpetuate them. It would be refreshing to hear more candid attitudes about the motivations, intentions and viewpoints of some here as to why they married a Filipina, even if some might find such ideas offensive or even repulsive. :)

I was just waiting for you to comment on the click, click, click of high heels on the cobble stone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have 2 weeks more to wait until I begin living with my sweet pinay. There are a million reasons why she is the one for me. But realize that no 2 people are exactly the same just because they are from the same geographic region. Even a single family can produce very different personalities. I have met many wonderful people in my trips to the PI but none quite like my girl.

That being said, my filipina has a huge heart, is very loving, caring and affectionate. She wants to make me as happy as much as I want to make her happy. She is honest, smart, beautiful, playful and has a great sense of humor. She is not confrontational or materialistic and is realistic about the world and her expectations in life. She is responsible, supportive, and most of all, she loves me as much as I love her. But don't expect every pinay to be exactly like that.

Thanks for sharing seems you have a great pinay there...congrats

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

Aug 31, 2010 - I-129F package sent to VSC

Sept 2, 2010 - NOA-1 hard copy received

Sept 5, 2010 - Check cashed

Nov 29, 2010 - Case Touched

Feb 25, 2011 - Contacted Senator

Feb 28, 2011 - NOA2 APPROVED **179 Days since NOA1 Received**

Mar 7, 2011 - NOA2 Hard Copy arrived

NVC

NVC receieved petition - Mar 7 2011

NVC case number received - Mar 8 2011 MNL2011XXXXXX

NVC case shipped to Embassy - Mar 9 2011

US Embassy Manila

Package delivered DHL - Mar 14 2011 signed by Leonilo

USEM - Medical- Passed Medical Mar 18 2011

USEM- Interview - APPROVED 4-14

USEM- VISA IN HAND - 4-30-2011

CFO - 5-2-2011

Kim on the plane 5-18-2011 Welcome to USA!

Timeline

She never hits the right key and is just awful, but she doesn't care at all and she laughs and sings despite being vocally challenged.

:rofl: it seems we have something in common there. I am so amazed at how the entire country love to sing but my goodness some should never hold a mic but then again they are so darn cute and try so hard.

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

NVC

US Embassy Manila

CFO - 5-2-2011

Timeline

This is why I started signing my name at the bottom of my posts. That way pinays quit calling me sis and replying to me in Tagalog.

My filipina's broken english is one of the things I'm most attracted to also. If you don't see my name signed on a post, and the post has broken english structure, it's probably my lovely fiancee. However, I do find myself talking with her the same way now sometimes. I hope I don't do that at work too.

When I first visited the Philippines for work, I met several pinays the first few nights. I wasn't looking, but they sure were. Wow, the offers I had. However, I didn't accept a single one. Then one night while at a bar with a live band and with my work mate, he started flirting with this girl that walked by to use the phone next to us. She had a cell phone, so it was just to get his attension, and it worked. Not my type though, too forward and fake for me. A few minutes later, he said let's go sit at this table with those two girls, one being the girl he flirted with, who is my fiancee's cousin, the other was my fiancee. I said hmmm, what girls? Okay. This was certainly not my normal thing. We sat down and he continued flirting with her cousin, so I figured I had to flirt too. It was so loud that I had to yell in her ear. First thing I told her was that she was very beautiful. Never done that before to a girl I don't know. I'm really kind of shy. All that night, I don't think we understood most of what we said to each other. But is was still great. I got enough courage to ask for her phone number. Never done that before either. We were both out of our normal place, not used to bars and flirting. We were both just there because of who we were with. But wow, what fun we had. After the night was done, we said our goodbyes, and first thing the next morning, I was calling her. She was waiting by the phone. We hung out each day until I went back home. What a time I had, like nothing I've ever experienced.

I fell in love with her because she is shy, not forward. She wasn't expecting to jump in bed. She says now that she wanted to, and I certainly did too, but that's not what we were looking for. Ever since we met, I think we have talked almost every day, 2.5 years now. Maybe only missing a few days when I was hunting or something. I have never met a girl like her before. She is so sweet, soft spoken, and caring. I've never seen someone fold my dirtly clothes, or make my bed at a hotel, even when I told her she didn't have to. Laying clothes out for my next day of work, wow, never had that been done before. She is so willing to please. This makes me want to do anything for her, and I certainly would. I love her smile, her laugh, her voice. I love how when we have a disagreement, there is no fighting with yelling and anger. She gets very quiet, basically just shuts down. I'll take that any day over the 40 minute screaming ###### lecture I was used to before. We always make up very soon, both with sorries, caring, and love. No grudges. She is not jealous, trusting me very much. I feel the same for her. I 100% trust her. There's no reason to be jealous. We are both in love with each other and wouldn't even think of being with someone else. I think this is great. Considering the distance we are apart, and the amount of time, this can be a hard thing for some couples. Not us. She doesn't care about having money, spending it, or have material things. She's a hard worker. She's not looking for a visa either, she just wants me, and I want her. She'd be just as happy with me living there. Maybe some day when my kids are grown. I love her daughter, and her family. They are so nice to me. I love how she calls me in the middle of the night, and I do the same to her. Just a quick I love you and back to sleep. We talk maybe 3 or 4 times a day. Not because one expects it, but because we both want to. She is my life, and I am hers. I think I got the best filipina in the world, without even looking for one. If I believed in fate, then this is it.

I LOVE MY FILIPINA.

-James

Wow well put James it seems you and your pinay are linked souls in love...congrats and thanks for sharing

Wow, Just let the stereotyping begin! :whistle:

jb39ory3zt.jpg

:rofl:

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

NVC

US Embassy Manila

CFO - 5-2-2011

Hermano Miguel,

We're a mixed bag here of various motivations, intentions and viewpoints about marrying Filipinas. Why fight it? If some here want a little sex kitten as their own in-home gym, who are we to judge?

I'm sorry. My wording was not clear enough. (morning coffee hadn't kicked in yet)

I mean...How about you explain the motivation behind your joke.

It's pretty obvious, there are some that you might enlighten.

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Timeline

I never can get used to that peculiar term of endearment "my Filipina," though I'm sure many guys here say that with the most loving of intentions.

As for me, I'll be a little baffled if my dear beloved started referring to me as "his Filipina" when talking about me with other people, him being that type of guy who bothers to ask whether I would want to take on his surname after we're married.

Grace

(Her own Filipina since 1975)

No disrespect intended...

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

NVC

US Embassy Manila

CFO - 5-2-2011

It would be refreshing to hear more candid attitudes about the motivations, intentions and viewpoints of some here as to why they married a Filipina, even if some might find such ideas offensive or even repulsive. :)

OK, I'll go. Here's my story....

A few years back, on a whim, I checked to see how much money I would be making when I retired. :help:

I realized I wasn't happy with what I found, so I started thinking about solutions. One solution was retiring overseas. I started looking for a country that had certain qualities; low cost of living, English speaking, and doesn't hate Americans. The Philippines quickly moved high on the list.

I've always been single; but it's by choice. I wasn't hurt by American women. I have nothing bad to say about anybody. I also hadn't heard anything really special about Filipinas. I was really just thinking about a place to retire. But then the idea hit me about maybe meeting somebody from the Philippines who could live with me here and then, when I retire, we could both move back.

So, I started looking at dating sites. Yikes!! For a long time, the results were less than encouraging. Whenever I would talk to a woman, the conversation would eventually lead one of three ways. 1. Can you send me some money. 2. If I take my clothes off, would you send me some money. 3. Can you visit me here; and bring some money. None of these were what I was looking for. So, I quickly decided the dating sites were a waste of time. I logged on one last time so that I could delete my account. And I saw the picture of a beautiful smiling face that had just looked at my profile. I said a quick hello to her and she began apologizing for looking at my profile since she was younger than the ages I had put I was interested in. So, she was apologizing and I was trying to make her feel better. And then we just kept talking. A year later I'm visiting her on the other side of the world. Eventually I happily deleted my account.

She's perfect for me not because she is a Filipina; but just because of the person she is. She talks to my family on line. I love her family. Her mother and her older brother are simply some of the best people I've ever known. I don't know much about what all Filipinas are like; but I am very happy with Jessa.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry. My wording was not clear enough. (morning coffee hadn't kicked in yet)

I mean...How about you explain the motivation behind your joke.

It's pretty obvious, there are some that you might enlighten.

See post #30. :)

See post #30. :)

:thumbs: OK.. I missed that 1.

I assumed your intent was to shear some sheep. (coz I've seen ur efforts to encourage a higher sense of humanity / morality in other posts)

Sorry if I'm riding it dead. I'll dismount now. :D

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: Timeline

Hello VJ fellas I wanted to ask all those of you who are dating or now married to a filipina what is it about your filipina that made you decide she is the one? I know every relationship has its ups and downs and for those of you who ar enot reunited with their filipina under one roof how has it been so far with her adjusting to her new lifestyle?

Thank you,

Thom

i can't really tell you what made me 'decide' she was the one. it was more like i realized she was the only one. i had never met someone so honest, caring, loving, and accepting.

the ups & downs are like any relationship w/ added cultural & language barriers. honestly, you better brace yourself. the bad things (homesickness...etc.) are worst than you're expecting. but, at the same time the good things (accomplishments like learning to drive, learning to cook 'american' food..etc & the sense of pride she gets from these things) are better than you're expecting.

would i do it all over again....yes, in a heatbeat.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Timeline

:rofl: it seems we have something in common there. I am so amazed at how the entire country love to sing but my goodness some should never hold a mic but then again they are so darn cute and try so hard.

Earplugs are important to enjoy the visual experience. Nothing better than watching a young Pinay dance in short-shorts and high heals.

You Filipinas sure do. You are all these little sex kittens just waiting to pounce...hahaha. It's like having your own in-home gym. I don't know where you get all that energy.

[

Edited by happyblessedme

Timeline

A few years back, on a whim, I checked to see how much money I would be making when I retired. :help:

I realized I wasn't happy with what I found, so I started thinking about solutions. One solution was retiring overseas. I started looking for a country that had certain qualities; low cost of living, English speaking, and doesn't hate Americans. The Philippines quickly moved high on the list.

I've always been single; but it's by choice. I wasn't hurt by American women. I have nothing bad to say about anybody. I also hadn't heard anything really special about Filipinas. I was really just thinking about a place to retire. But then the idea hit me about maybe meeting somebody from the Philippines who could live with me here and then, when I retire, we could both move back.

So, I started looking at dating sites. Yikes!! For a long time, the results were less than encouraging. Whenever I would talk to a woman, the conversation would eventually lead one of three ways. 1. Can you send me some money. 2. If I take my clothes off, would you send me some money. 3. Can you visit me here; and bring some money. None of these were what I was looking for. So, I quickly decided the dating sites were a waste of time. I logged on one last time so that I could delete my account. And I saw the picture of a beautiful smiling face that had just looked at my profile. I said a quick hello to her and she began apologizing for looking at my profile since she was younger than the ages I had put I was interested in. So, she was apologizing and I was trying to make her feel better. And then we just kept talking. A year later I'm visiting her on the other side of the world. Eventually I happily deleted my account.

She's perfect for me not because she is a Filipina; but just because of the person she is. She talks to my family on line. I love her family. Her mother and her older brother are simply some of the best people I've ever known. I don't know much about what all Filipinas are like; but I am very happy with Jessa.

Hi BJ I too had the same issues you mentioned when I first went on dating site for the first time. None of that type banter interested me at all...and I too was about to delete my account and just wing it by going back to Phils for vacation but then I met Kim things changed of course. Thanks for sharing.

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

NVC

US Embassy Manila

CFO - 5-2-2011

Timeline

Earplugs are important to enjoy the visual experience. Nothing better than watching a young Pinay dance in short-shorts and high heals.

:rofl::dance::rofl::dance::rofl:

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

NVC

US Embassy Manila

CFO - 5-2-2011

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for sharing, B. I always thought you were BJ, but now I see the 'J' is for Jessa. :blush:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.