w1331

Questions regarding part 10 question 16 and filling N-400

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi,

I just got my ROC approved by USCIS, so I'm now working on N-400.

Is it hard to file N-400 by yourself? If you don't have middle name, do I need to write "(none)"?

Does anybody have examples of N-400 that have already been filled in?

I have a question on how to answer question 16 from part 10.

The question is "Have you been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer (including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason? I have 3 moving violation tickets (traffic tickets) back in around 2002 and 2003. All tickets were dismissed due to I took defensive driving (so it will not reflect on my driving record). Do I need to answer Yes to the question 16 and disclose these traffic tickets?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi,

Is it hard to file N-400 by yourself? If you don't have middle name, do I need to write "(none)"?

The question is "Have you been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer (including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason? I have 3 moving violation tickets (traffic tickets) back in around 2002 and 2003. All tickets were dismissed due to I took defensive driving (so it will not reflect on my driving record). Do I need to answer Yes to the question 16 and disclose these traffic tickets?

You should answer NO to the question. Also if you doint have a middle name you can write - NONE

hope this will help you

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/N-400.pdf

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

You should answer NO to the question. Also if you doint have a middle name you can write - NONE

hope this will help you

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/N-400.pdf

RICARDO4EVA2,

For all my 3 moving violation tickets, I took 2 defensive driving and 1 deffered adjudication, so it won't increase my car insurance. I think I should say that they might be on my driving record if I ask for driving record from DMV.

Are you saying that moving violation tickets not part of question 16?

Timeline

RICARDO4EVA2,

For all my 3 moving violation tickets, I took 2 defensive driving and 1 deffered adjudication, so it won't increase my car insurance. I think I should say that they might be on my driving record if I ask for driving record from DMV.

almost everyone gets those.. heck I have gotten about 8 tickets for speeding in the last 5-6 years. I have not added those to my application. My brother became a USC back in January 2010 and I completed the application for him and regular tickets were not added.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

almost everyone gets those.. heck I have gotten about 8 tickets for speeding in the last 5-6 years. I have not added those to my application. My brother became a USC back in January 2010 and I completed the application for him and regular tickets were not added.

So why did my stepdaughters IO ask her if she had any traffic violations when the instructions state you do not have to report these if under 500 bucks? Plus I see others were asked that question as well with a decision cannot be made at this time. Then that crazy letter about being charged with battery when she was 17 months old and having her drivers' license suspended when it never was.

But according to the instructions, you do not have to report any traffic violations if one was killed, you weren't drunk, and the fine was less than 500 bucks. So the answer is NO to that question.

Her IO also demanded she paid her fines, actually she didn't, I did, she was a minor at the time, and although her mom and me had to go to traffic court with her, they wouldn't let me have the proof these fines were paid due to some weird privacy act. Also contacted the state DMV for her complete driving certified driving record, that cost us 24 bucks. At the same time contacted my senators office, a bit slow on working on it, mainly how to answer those battery charges. But they finally got back to us that this whole thing was a miscommunication. Her oath letter came in last Monday as proof.

Couldn't have occurred at t worse time for her, midterms, semester started in late January, hardly the beginning of March, like a month and a half and midterms already. Yet her professors are complaining about being way overworked and underpaid. 68,000 teachers are protesting in Madison right now. Was able to talk to the clerk of courts even told them I was there in court to pay the fines, but only she could pick those up, they wouldn't let me do that. That was more chasing around for her, over 120 miles of driving. But at the end, we didn't know that, was a miscommunication error.

Now I am praying that March 24th will be a clear day for that over 400 mile drive, not like yesterday when we had a major blizzard. Look at that certificate as being a divorce paper from the USCIS.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi,

If you enter None in the field asking for your middle name, None will be it. So you don't enter none, of course, unless None is indeed your middle name.

Yes, if you have 3 moving violations you have to list them, absolutely!

According to the instructions, you don't have to document (meaning, you don't have to show paperwork about them) them, but just today we had a case here on VJ where somebody passed his N-400 interview but had to wait until providing a court document to this effect. The I.O. can require you to bring what he wants to see. Thus, if you have documentation, bring it to the interview.

Edited by Just Bob

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Its alright to write None if you don't have a middle name, they not going to put none as your middle name, only morons would assume none is your middle name. :thumbs: good luck

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Timeline

RICARDO4EVA2,

I'm sorry you can also put N/A where it ask about your middle name. Regarding your "moral character" heck you can put the driving records information if you like but it's not required. You can take prooof to your interview etc.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

If you enter None in the field asking for your middle name, None will be it. So you don't enter none, of course, unless None is indeed your middle name.

According to the instructions, you don't have to document (meaning, you don't have to show paperwork about them) them, but just today we had a case here on VJ where somebody passed his N-400 interview but had to wait until providing a court document to this effect. The I.O. can require you to bring what he wants to see. Thus, if you have documentation, bring it to the interview.

Hi,

I got confused because I got mixed answers.

When you file your N-400, did you answer Yes to question 16 of Part 10 and then wrote an attachement for it? Although the traffic tickets were dismissed because I took defensive driving and deferred adjudication, I still need to answer Yes? The problem I have is I didn't remember exactly when I got the tickets and I did not know if I still have all the receipts for them.

When I was in college, I joined Phi Theta Kappa and Entomological Society of America. Do I need to answer "Yes" to question 8a of Part 10?

Thank oyu

Timeline

Hi,

I just ordered a certified copy of my full driving record from DMV and there is no record of moving violations. Any suggestion on what to do about question 16?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.