Justine+David

Donating blood

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

1. My mistake. But regardless, it was a federal mandate and WAS changed. So rules can change, was my point.

2. Venturing a guess of what percentage of British people have lived in the UK area from 1980-1996, it's gotta be way over the majority--what's your point? That's really too bad about the 5,000 people who were exposed to HIV (Ryan White comes to mind, poor kid), but that number is nowhere NEAR the amount of transmissions of CJD-apples and oranges? There is ALWAYS a risk of getting an unwanted disease in blood; there is no such thing as a risk-free transfusion from strangers.

**Having said all of that, if I look at the overarching picture, is someone going to die/incur permanent damage due to David not being able to donate? Probably not. So it's a moot point.

However, my biggest beef is that I don't see why autologous donations aren't allowed despite a foreign transfusion being much more dangerous. Additionally I have beef with the risk of our future kids needing a transfusion, not allowed by the husband and therefore exposing them to an inordinately higher risk of an adverse reaction or unwanted disease due to again, being exposed to a foreign transfusion.

I can't donate to anyone else, but I can donate to myself. Are you sure he can't?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

My husband was upset also! It was when we figured out that USCIS had slowed down and the greencard was going to take awhile. We could have really used the extra cash.

On the other hand, I'm definitely not able to donate in the UK because of the blood transfusions I've had. Kind of a strange concept to me because I've only received screened blood that cost my insurance $500+ a pint.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

2. Venturing a guess of what percentage of British people have lived in the UK area from 1980-1996, it's gotta be way over the majority--what's your point?

My point is, it is not all British citizens so if people want to donate they should check if they are eligible, and not just assume they cannot.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I can see why this would upset you. Rob didn't give a flip about it at all, which I found funny.

I am usually unable to donate either. It seems all of the major blood drives around here are usually in the spring or fall when I am running a slight fever from allergies. They almost always kick me out of the donation area for running fevers. :(

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.