John+Lourdelie

Best day for medical & interview

8 posts in this topic

Since my fiancée lives in Mindanao I want her to only have one trip to Manila for her medical and interview. I know that she needs to have her medical a few days prior to the interview so they can send the results to the Embassy. Are some days better than others for medical or interviews?

John

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not clear on precise logistics either. Most people's fiancee's seem to go 2-3 days prior to interview, staying in MNL for that time. I believe the medical is two days; The first day is testing and the results are available the second day. I know I need to read up more on it myself. My fiancee called st luke's with a few questions like this. She lives in Cebu and we're considering having her visit MNL once the papers leave the NVC. The medical results are good for 3 or 6 months, depending on results (a threshold of sorts I gather). Airfare isn't bad and I figure it's just one less thing to worry about. Then for interview she can just fly in the evening before.

The medical takes two days minimum and it is suggested to take at least a week before the interview to give the results time to get to the U S Embassy.If the results are not at the Embassy during the interview the visa will be delayed. The delay can be several days to several weeks. It will depend upon when the Consulate officer can male time to go back and finish the paperwork.

Mondays are very busy at SLMC, so my wife went on a Wednesday and Thursday.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Tuesday-thursday is good for medical...about lunchtime. No need to fall into line at 0430 in the morning like everyone does. It is best to do the medical at least a week before the interview. That is the way that the embassy "schedules" everything. (even though you dont have to schedule the medical). My wife got her appointment letter 9 days before her interview and her "scheduled" medical was the next day after she received the letter.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

My issue is that I have to schedule everything in advance. The flights from Davao to Manila are almost always full so she needs to have a ticket in advance so she gets to Manila on time.

John

Here's an efficient schedule:

> Monday.............Take the first flight of the day to Manila...check into the hotel...complete day one of the medical exam...she can inform St. Lukes that her interview is on Thursday and arrange with them for her to hand-carry her medical results and passport to her interview.

> Tuesday............Complete day two of the medical exam.

> Wednesday.......Complete the CFO seminar.

> Thursday..........Complete the interview in the morning...fly home in the late afternoon.

Here's an efficient schedule:

> Monday.............Take the first flight of the day to Manila...check into the hotel...complete day one of the medical exam...she can inform St. Lukes that her interview is on Thursday and arrange with them for her to hand-carry her medical results and passport to her interview.

> Tuesday............Complete day two of the medical exam.

> Wednesday.......Complete the CFO seminar.

> Thursday..........Complete the interview in the morning...fly home in the late afternoon.

They will allow HER to carry her own medical results and passport to Embassy???

John

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.