canada_socks

Vaccinations

13 posts in this topic

Hi all!

My medical is April 20th. I am a little worried about my vaccinations. I have most of them but I think I am missing a Hep vaccination and I know I am missing my influenza vaccination. Can I get them done before my medical? I am seeing my doctor about 2 weeks beforehand to see what vaccinations I have actually had. Also, what all do they look for and what do they do?

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes get any that you need from your doctor first. The K-1 medical is VERY expensive with the shot prices added on.

They take an xray, blood test, depending on where you are going they may or may not check your vision. They do a general checkup, ask you if you are on medication or was depressed or did drugs etc. Its all very simple and quick nothing invasive or uncomfortable.

Bring proof of your medications if you have any, bring proof of your vaccinations, bring glasses if you wear some in case they want to check your eyes.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Country: Haiti
Timeline

you should not worry about this. when you receive the notification to have the medical done, you will need to take this paper to a certified approved doctor that the USCIS will urge you to go to ( they will provide you with a list of approved doctors). The Doctor will know the type of vaccinations and shots, if any, that you will need. The only thing you could do ahead of time is the Biometrics( fingerprinting)

Timeline

you should not worry about this. when you receive the notification to have the medical done, you will need to take this paper to a certified approved doctor that the USCIS will urge you to go to ( they will provide you with a list of approved doctors). The Doctor will know the type of vaccinations and shots, if any, that you will need. The only thing you could do ahead of time is the Biometrics( fingerprinting)

Um? what? there is no biometrics for a medical. The approved doctors are on the website for the embassy and there are only 3 and you can go to your personal doctor to have your shots updated for free. Instead of paying extra crazy fees.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So for proof of your vaccinations all I have is the little card from when I was a baby that my mom had saved. Its dated and signed by my doctor.

I can't get anything else from him as he has retired.

Is this going to be good enough? I will be having my medical done at the toronto office.

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Interview - April 28/11 - Approved

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

AOS/EAD/AP Sent - July 5/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

EAD/AP approved Sept 14/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

Thank you! I feel a bit better now. I have my little yellow vaccination book from when I was little but the last entry in it was in 1986! It appears I had most of my vaccinations that you generally get as a child which I hope should be fine.

Do you happen to know which vaccinations you need at age 29? I read that only certain ages need certain vaccinations but I can't find that page again for the life of me!

Yes get any that you need from your doctor first. The K-1 medical is VERY expensive with the shot prices added on.

They take an xray, blood test, depending on where you are going they may or may not check your vision. They do a general checkup, ask you if you are on medication or was depressed or did drugs etc. Its all very simple and quick nothing invasive or uncomfortable.

Bring proof of your medications if you have any, bring proof of your vaccinations, bring glasses if you wear some in case they want to check your eyes.

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

Ooh. I think I found it.

http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Age6.htm

(not sure why the link says age 6 in it because it is the page for ages 18-64). These are the vaccinations I need, correct?

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

Timeline

So for proof of your vaccinations all I have is the little card from when I was a baby that my mom had saved. Its dated and signed by my doctor.

I can't get anything else from him as he has retired.

Is this going to be good enough? I will be having my medical done at the toronto office.

I had the same thing, my new family doctor took the old card and wrote all of it onto a new card and signed and dated it and wrote the newer updated tetanus shots etc on it as well.

As long as its signed by the doctor and shows the shots and dates etc it should be acceptable. The reason my new doctor transcribed mine was because the old one is so old it was faded and you could hardly read some of it.

Ooh. I think I found it.

http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Age6.htm

(not sure why the link says age 6 in it because it is the page for ages 18-64). These are the vaccinations I need, correct?

Correct!

I actually went to the "health nurse" (where students get shots if they missed it during school). The nurse re-wrote my little yellow shot book and signed it also. At the place where you get your medical done - they'll charge you crazy $$$ to get updated shots there. Do it before hand, it'll save you time and money. Good luck!!

Edited by Moosker

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I thought I read somewhere that vaccinations could be done AFTER you get the visa and are in the U.S.

Is this true? Doesn't look like it from the link posted above. My fiance will be going to the Toronto office for the medical as well.

Sent I129-F to Vermont Service Center- 7/23/10

NOA1- 7/29/10

NOA2- 1/26/11

Case sent to Montreal Consulate General of the United States, Visa Unit 1/31/11

Consulate received case from NVC 2/23/11

RFE-for Canadian proof of Status 2/23/11

Packet 3 received from consulate- 3/07/11

Packet 3 sent (2nd time after a correction)- 3/28/11

Packet 3 received by consulate/Packet 4 sent- 4/8/11

Interview-5/18/11

Visa received 6/16/11

When I went to get my vaccination record, it turned out I needed an updated tetanus shot (hadn't had one in about 11 years) and a new MMR shot. The doctor simply signed off on my records stating that I received updates. I assume this will be enough. My medical's next month too.

Timeline

I thought I read somewhere that vaccinations could be done AFTER you get the visa and are in the U.S.

Is this true? Doesn't look like it from the link posted above. My fiance will be going to the Toronto office for the medical as well.

This is only true if it is a series of shots or if it is a general shot that is not associated with the medical. You would have the first of 3 shots and have to finish the rest in the USA for AOS. Your vaccination sheet would be filled out as incomplete and you would have to see a civil surgeon in the USA to fill out the 693 vaccination portion.

Back when HPV shot was required. You would not be issued the K-1 visa without the first shot, and you could not AOS without the first shot. But it is not required anymore.

It also applies for woman who are pregnant and can not get the shots due to pregnancy. She will then have to have them done in the U.S. after the baby is born.

All I brought to my medical was my little yellow booklet stating what shots I had. I only had to get an updated tetanus shot and I did that before my medical. Its really very easy.

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.