Mozart

My 2 year interview. Could be Stokes -

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello Everyone.

My 2nd year interview is wednesday for my 10 year GC.

I have been living with my wife for the last 4 years. Pretty much since we met. (I know, Ill tell you more later). So we have been living happy ever after(minus the marriage bumps such as sleeping in the couch once in a while).

I dont think i sent in enough evidence. So I foresee a stokes interview. Im not worried at all at the questions. However my wife proposed we bring in her kids.

1-Im the beneficiary.

2- The kids have always lived with us. Which means she has full custody.

3- The kids treat me like the real dad because the biological dad is not around.

4-We dont have any kids yet with her.

5-Kids are 10,10,7

So my wife was thinking about bringing them in but these interviews i read tends to be very lengthly. Also I dont know if they would take that in consideration.

So what do you guys think.

1 Kids

or

2 No kids

Thanks so much.

I will post info about the interview as soon as I can.

ps. I heard you cant bring phones with camera, i supose even the iPhone then. Im going to the interview at downtown Manhattan NYC. Any saying on this?

Hello Everyone.

I have been living with my wife for the last 4 years. Pretty much since we met. (I know, Ill tell you more later). So we have been living happy ever after(minus the marriage bumps such as sleeping in the couch once in a while).

I dont think i sent in enough evidence. So I foresee a stokes interview. Im not worried at all at the questions. However my wife proposed we bring in her kids.

1-Im the beneficiary.

3- The kids treat me like the real dad because the biological dad is not around.

5-Kids are 10,10,7

So my wife was thinking about bringing them in but these interviews i read tends to be very lengthly. Also I dont know if they would take that in consideration.

1 Kids

or

2 No kids

Thanks so much.

ps. I heard you cant bring phones with camera, i supose even the iPhone then. Im going to the interview at downtown Manhattan NYC. Any saying on this?

Sounds like you are a 'real dad' and concerned with your children's comfort! I don't have the experience with having children at a visa interview, but I would think they would be asked to stay in the waiting room. I can't see a government official being made to conduct an interview with squirming children in attendance.

7PIHm6.png

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

event.png

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! We are currently in Administrative Processing with no time-lines to guide us!

My husband is looking at cars in Trinidad for me as his wish has come true! Me a Trini-Wife!

BUT

I will call DoS weekly to check the progress and I will not give up hope.

July of 2011 is the cut off date for us, when I will either start construction on a home here in the US or return to Trinidad to be with my husband.

If they're her kids, are you not removing conditions for them too? My daughter and I are at the AOS stage and we've both been called to interview. I will be taking her and expect both me as her biological mother and my husband as her sponsoring step-father to attend her interview with her. She's 11.

Why are you expecting a Stokes? They usually only do these because they have reason to believe the marriage is fraudulent. If you didn't submit enough documentation and they cannot establish at interview that it's a genuine marriage, then my understanding is that they can issue an RFE at interview asking for more evidence before making their final decision.

What did you submit?

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Thanks for the quick reply guys. First let's break this down again.

1-the reason I think it might be a stokes is because I didn't submit enough evidence but i guess you answered that question. I don't remember now but I will get home tonight and look it up in my files.

2-she's American and her kids too. I'm the beneficiary. I will eventually adopt her kids but they treat me like their only dad. So should I still bring my kids (well I guess step kids) over to the interview or no? Thanks for the answer and the last time I went they only had I think 2 chairs. But in he letter it said that his will be video taped as well. I forgot to say that. The letter says something that this interview will be taped. So kids or no kids then?

Thanks again.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone.

1-Im the beneficiary.

5-Kids are 10,10,7

1 Kids

or

2 No kids

Thanks so much.

A "Stokes" interview is NOT the same as the initial interview. If your interview notice indicates "initial" interview then this is NOT a "Stokes". A "Stokes" may be performed but only if their were issues raised in the initial interview.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Why did your wife suggest to bring the kids? To use them as evidence that you are a "real" family?

I honesty don't think that is necesssary. If they feel like they need to see more evidence, they would send you a RFE. If you haven't gotten one of those, you should be fine with what you submitted.

I guess it couldn't hurt to bring more stuff to the interview in case the situation becomes critical regarding the papers you sent in.

I think an experienced and good interviewer will be able to see that you and your wife are in a happy and real marriage.

Good luck!!

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

You guys rock. Thanks so much.

The letter says that this interview will be recorded. I guess that doesn't matter right? It doesn't mean it will be stokes.

As for the kids I think it will be fine. I will take them. The worse that can happen is have them wait in the waiting room.

I can't wait to tell you guys my experience.

:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You guys rock. Thanks so much.

The letter says that this interview will be recorded. I guess that doesn't matter right? It doesn't mean it will be stokes.

As for the kids I think it will be fine. I will take them. The worse that can happen is have them wait in the waiting room. I can't wait to tell you guys my experience.

:)

The worse that can happen is they don't interview you that day, because they don't want unattended kids in the interview room

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.