popo

interview date

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

hello visa journey members,

i received a date for an interview and the letter with the supporting documents i need to bring for the interview. I have few questions:

1) can i just bring copies for the taxes from the last 3 years or i need to go to an IRS office and get them from there?

2)and for the marriage certificate it says should be issued from a civil authority, can i bring my first original one i got when we got married, or i need to go and get a recent one from city hall.

3) i want to have dual citizenship, but i heard they might take my other country passport, is that true? i checked my country allows dual citizenship. Is there a way i could keep it?

thank toy in advance for your help !!!

November 22, 2010: sent the N400 package

January 7, 2011: biometrics

March 5, 2011: received letter for interview

April 6, 2011 : interview

Edited by popo

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello visa journey members,

i received a date for an interview and the letter with the supporting documents i need to bring for the interview. I have few questions:

1) can i just bring copies for the taxes from the last 3 years or i need to go to an IRS office and get them from there?

2)and for the marriage certificate it says should be issued from a civil authority, can i bring my first original one i got when we got married, or i need to go and get a recent one from city hall.

3) i want to have dual citizenship, but i heard they might take my other country passport, is that true? i checked my country allows dual citizenship. Is there a way i could keep it?

thank toy in advance for your help !!!

November 22, 2010: sent the N400 package

January 7, 2011: biometrics

March 5, 2011: received letter for interview

April 6, 2011 : interview

I cannot address all of your questions and hope someone will soon. They will not take your passport from you at all. You are asked to take it just in case they need to verify your travel dates. You can use the First original marriage certificate that you have.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

IRS Tax Transcripts is what you need for the last 3 years (if you are filing based on marriage to USC). Call IRS to fax or mailed to you.

Take original marriage certificate (one u got when just married) and also a copy.

USCIS cannot & will not take your passport. They just need to see it to verify your travel dates out of the country. As far as dual citizenship, make sure YOU DO NOT bring this up to the Immigration Officer. Your application asks if you will give up loyalty to other countries, am sure you checked YES. All you have to do is keep your other passport, and use it for entry to your country if you like.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good Luck.

Edited by Sand

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wife was forced into this dual citizenship thing, already started a file on that, just in case. Our DOS can't even provide me with a written law on that place of birth thing, just said they have always done that. In her country, one guy says that by her becoming a US citizen, she renounced her citizenship in that country so should have been admitted as a tourist with her US passport, according to another, no, she needs a passport of that country to enter. Neither, like our DOS can provide me with a written law on this. So dealing with two really fouled up countries on this issue. Safest bet is for her to get a passport for the country she was born in.

Ever get the idea our leaders are complete idiots? Oh, and while a green card holder, your consulate is in an excellent position to blackmail you for their passport, but kind of expect a "tip" to process it. We skipped the tip and reestablishing her foreign citizenship, but they eventually sent her an ID card in about a years time. We kind of have that here in the USA to expedite your US passport, but they call that an expedient fee. Same thing as far as I am concerned. Oh, when you talk to the DOS, never say dual citizenship, they don't like that, you have to call it dual naturalization, even though its the same damn thing.

Like in other posts on this issue, more than likely you never had an interview for your I-751, when you read the requirements for US citizenship, first thing that comes to your mind is how in the hell did you get that green card in the first place. Could have a reasonable IO that kind of realizes that or get a paranoid A-hole. In my experience, you can't bring enough evidence that your have joint tax returns, joint ownership, joint bill payment, joint insurance with all legal original documents. Not really easy to show joint ownership of a toaster, but surprised they don't ask for that.

If your were a boyscout, BE PREPARED, or you will pay the price in extensive long delays. If you have traffic violations, may want to bring it the proof those were paid, the latest bit of nonsense.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.