46 posts in this topic

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We are in the same boat. NOA1 on the 2nd week of october, and still waiting...

I posted this question on a new thread: does anyone know how the estimated dates on your timeline are computed?

There is a range of dates on our timeline, I was wondering whether there is some statistical significance to the range, for example: there is a 68% probability that you will get a NOA2 withing that range...

That would be really interesting information!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Me too, I'm at Vermont Service Center and my NOA1 is dated October 5th. I called them for the first time on Friday (the day before yesterday). They didn't tell me anything special, except that they are working on petitions filed on August 21, 2010. (Which is not true, because some people who have filed after me already have their NOA2). Does anyone know about how many months out it is a good idea to get the senator involved?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am an october 1 and still waiting.

K-1 VISA TIMELINE

09/27/2010 - Mailed I-129F

10/01/2010 - NOA1

12/17/2010 - Engagement!

12/17/2010 - I visited England

03/04/2011 - NOA2

03/17/2011 - Consulate Received

03/21/2011 - Packet 3 Mailed to London

03/23/2011 - Medical

03/24/2011 - Fiance received Packet 3 (already sent out)

04/27/2011 - Interview - Approved!

05/09/2011 - Visa Received

05/09/2011 - Flight

check out my blog: http://www.jaglever.com

Filed: Timeline

thank you for the replies and encouragements :).... ill try to call them tomorrow about the status...

my whole family is in the Philippines right now and i really want this petition to get done so i can get a vacation from work... i didnt expect this will take more than 5 months... :)

Timeline

We are in the same boat. NOA1 on the 2nd week of october, and still waiting...

I posted this question on a new thread: does anyone know how the estimated dates on your timeline are computed?

There is a range of dates on our timeline, I was wondering whether there is some statistical significance to the range, for example: there is a 68% probability that you will get a NOA2 withing that range...

That would be really interesting information!

It appears to be averages, and all the Februaries they are processing are skewing the numbers. It seems they are just hitting October, in all actuality. Much talk has been made about whether that is intentional to keep them under 150 days for some reason. (10/27 NOA1, here.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I hope you guys are not just sitting around waiting. Today is day 151, and I sent the letter to my congressman already. Get to it!

NOA1.. October 7, 2010.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Timeline

hi guys... this is my first topic here....

just curious... to those who filed for K1 last october 2010 preferably on the first week... did you already received your NOA2????

i filed my K1 papers on the first week of october... got my NOA2 on Oct 4 and since february been updating my status at the uscis website... its already march 5 and is still in initial review... :)

we filed ours in August now sent us RFE possibly because we made a noise so you'll have to wait sorry

I hope you guys are not just sitting around waiting. Today is day 151, and I sent the letter to my congressman already. Get to it!

NOA1.. October 7, 2010.

Certainly not sitting around and waiting. Got my fax ready to send to my Senator and Representative tomorrow.

John

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all- I'm in the same boat. Oct 1 NOA 1, so hoping it comes soon!! I think with the holidays and all the snow they are a bit behind.

Yes, also I got the NOA1 Sept 22nd and my file shows no touches since October 4th. Its still showing initial review so I called my senator to inquire late last week - at least they got back to me right away! Let's see what happens! Waiting is perhaps the most tedious part of this whole process. Here is hoping that things will pick up at VSC soon! Good luck everyone!

Met in 2006 in person for the first time!
July 2008 - Relationship is official (3-4 visits per year from 1 week to 2 months at a time)
August 2010 - He proposed! Contemplate living/marrying in Brazil or US
I-129F Sent: 09/12/2010
I-129F NOA1: 10/8/2010 Called to report lack of notice of receipt.
I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy Reissued and received: 10/23/2010 (dated Sept 21st 2010)
Touched: 10/03/2010
Called USCIS: 02/23/10
Called USCIS & Senator's Office for follow-up: 03/3/10
Senator Letter received (verdict = wait 30 days more and call again): 03/07/10
Called USCIS: 03/14/10 (system updated to processing Sept 11th applications)
Called Congressman 03/29/11 - "wait 3 days for a reply..."
I-129F NOA2 E-MAIL & TEXT: 3/30/11
NOA2 Hard Copy: 4/4/11
NVC received: 4/7/11
NVC Sent: 4/14/11
Interview: 6/28/11
AP Processing: Estimate 2 weeks
Package Received: 7/9/11
Confirmation E-mail: 7/11/11
VISA received: 7/7/11

Married: 10/20/11
Filed for AOS/AP/EAD: 12/19/11
Biometrics 1/31/12

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2/15/2012
EAD Approved: 2/16/2012
EAD/AP CARD: 2/24/2012
Called USCIS re: pending AOS so many times lost count
AOS Transfer to Local office: 1/15/2013
Called USCIS & Emailed re: still pending AOS again lost count of how many times
Refiled for EAD/AP 1/18/2012
Received Receipt for EAD refiling for 1/22/2012
AOS Appointment FINALLY scheduled for 3/4/2012

Condition Permanent residency approved and valid through April 2015

Applied to Remove Conditions received 2/18/2015
Oh - What we do for love!...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Certainly not sitting around and waiting. Got my fax ready to send to my Senator and Representative tomorrow.

John

Can you share the letter that you're going to send? I will like to send a letter to my senetor as well but I need ideas!!!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Relax. Remember, they cashed your check. I'll give it another 3 months and NOA1 was December 17th. You will get a reply in time. Non of us are sure how they work the System. We have to be Patient. It should be fine but maybe your worrying to early for now. Good luck !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKsCIhBzTQo

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.