TJ01212011

March 2011 Filers..

1,983 posts in this topic

Don't I know it... I can tell you that there was nothing missing from our second petition last March... it was perfect, and the mix up with 2011 wasn't anticipated. We're in the same boat as you and Loreta in the sense that we know this is meant to be and that we should be together.. what a cruel system. Happy to hear that Loreta is continuing to improve. I know these things can be slow and in fact she is doing exceptionally well by all accounts.

For us, I have days when I wonder if love will defy adversity.. but it has to, as with you and Loreta. Its what we both want and though the days seem so long sometimes we have to keep up the fight... looking forward to more good news - it sounds like her progress is going so well. (F)

Yes Andie love has to defy adversity, cause we are loyal people that just cannot give up on the ones that our hearts are set on. But the fact is that all relationships only survive for the longterm when they can deal with the problems, heartaches and other issues. The difference for our relationships are that we are strengthening them upfront, even before we are together with the ones we love. (F)

Well I don't really have good news to report this time. The weather had been doing the summer to fall transition dance and gave Loreta a virus or something. The hypnotherapy doctor agreed that it would not be a good idea to have the session yesterday and rescheduled for Wednesday. So far today Loreta says she feels better, and she sounded better. So we just take it one step at a time.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Andie & Lookie--

Hang on, keep the faith, stay strong. The prayers promised are still continuing. Due to current circumstances I am only able to log on to VJ infrequently--for the time being, at leat. i just wanted you to know that you--and your loved ones--have been and are being remembered and prayer and in thought, and I am still rooting for you all. Take care, my friend. --RK

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Andie & Lookie--

Hang on, keep the faith, stay strong. The prayers promised are still continuing. Due to current circumstances I am only able to log on to VJ infrequently--for the time being, at leat. i just wanted you to know that you--and your loved ones--have been and are being remembered and prayer and in thought, and I am still rooting for you all. Take care, my friend. --RK

Hey RK thanks for the continuing prayers and support, hope you and yours are doing well. Well things are slowly looking up, I'm hoping that maybe I will be able to request another interview from the embassy after next weekend. I feel there's one good thing that has changed, the visa chief that was handling k-1 visas has moved onto something else there. As you know I sort of blame her for leaking or giving Loreta's new address to whoever it was (probably the head of police) who basically accused Loreta of being some sort of criminal. As you know, the embassies investigation showed nothing. I doubt if the visa chiefs moving to some other position had something to do with this but at least we will be dealing with somebody else now. Take Care, RK.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Andie, RK and whoever, just updating you that we got another embassy interview date. I'm going to be going over to Cyprus and its really really going to get done this time!

Andie, I hope you are seeing some light at the end of the loooong dark creepy USCIS tunnel?

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Andie & Lookie--

Thanks so much RK - don't know where its all heading... but thank you for your thoughts.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

Hey Andie, RK and whoever, just updating you that we got another embassy interview date. I'm going to be going over to Cyprus and its really really going to get done this time!

Andie, I hope you are seeing some light at the end of the loooong dark creepy USCIS tunnel?

Wow Looky.. hadn't seen this - so exciting!! It's a real leap ahead !!

I guess we wont know when it is, but very best of luck and wishes - be sure to let us know - you of all people deserve success :yes:

He is still to-ing and fro-ing with phone messages with the Field office. He calls and only gets answerphone message - they call back when he's working and can't take calls. He has left messages for them to give him a detailed message asking what it is they need - but nothing so far. He is talking about getting an Immigration Lawyer he has spoken to involved, but it shouldn't need that at this point. I don't know if they are able to approve from there, but it sounded as though that was where it was heading. I've wasted so much of my life - been unemployed thinking it wasn't going to take this long and work not so easy to get anyway. Unable to commit to any length of time... so essentially just waiting. Just about had enough.

Anyway, I know how things are with you and Loreta and some of what you've been through, and you know it is meant to be. Travel safe Looky - I'm looking forward to some happy news (F)

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Wow Looky.. hadn't seen this - so exciting!! It's a real leap ahead !!

I guess we wont know when it is, but very best of luck and wishes - be sure to let us know - you of all people deserve success :yes:

He is still to-ing and fro-ing with phone messages with the Field office. He calls and only gets answerphone message - they call back when he's working and can't take calls. He has left messages for them to give him a detailed message asking what it is they need - but nothing so far. He is talking about getting an Immigration Lawyer he has spoken to involved, but it shouldn't need that at this point. I don't know if they are able to approve from there, but it sounded as though that was where it was heading. I've wasted so much of my life - been unemployed thinking it wasn't going to take this long and work not so easy to get anyway. Unable to commit to any length of time... so essentially just waiting. Just about had enough.

Anyway, I know how things are with you and Loreta and some of what you've been through, and you know it is meant to be. Travel safe Looky - I'm looking forward to some happy news (F)

Hi Andie, my internet access was down for a week. Oh I hope Kevin can get hold of the field office and take care of this thing, I guess he can't talk on a cell phone at work also or maybe schedule another infopass appointment?

Yes its very exciting that we've got a interview date again, but it won't be till next year! ;) I'm going to be there for 2 weeks, which includes the interview date. I really think all the craziness is over and probably don't need to keep the date secret, but still, I will, just because....

I hope there's good news for you coming soon Andie. (F)

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I am tired....

Well at the Infopass appointment he was told they had chased our file and had requested that we get a case number straight away. We still don't have a case number but should get one in the next few days. So with any luck, after about 9mths we will finally be allocated our A#. They don't seem to like to say too much about what we should expect, so whether anything has been done about requesting an approval, I have no idea, but at least we will have some identity instead of just a stack of papers gathering dust. We have already been told by 3 different supervisors that they have everything that we needed to send - but I have given up trying to speculate.

Hope things are going well for everyone.

A.

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

Lookie--Excellent, glad to hear that another interview date has been obtained. I read your subseqeunt post about the date being next year sometime but still the fact that you were able to schedule again is great news!! And, yes, Inday and I are doing well. Visa journey-wise, Inday has her work authorization card, AP travel document, still waiting for AOS. Personal-wise, Inday is settling into life in the U.S.A. but most days still discovers something new and/or surprising about this country and culture. :-) -RK

K-1
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Timeline

Lookie--Excellent, glad to hear that another interview date has been obtained. I read your subseqeunt post about the date being next year sometime but still the fact that you were able to schedule again is great news!! And, yes, Inday and I are doing well. Visa journey-wise, Inday has her work authorization card, AP travel document, still waiting for AOS. Personal-wise, Inday is settling into life in the U.S.A. but most days still discovers something new and/or surprising about this country and culture. :-) -RK

That's so nice... good to hear your process and documents are moving along well RK and that things are working out well for you both.

Still no updates on our case number but we are meeting up in Canada in about 10 days time - I have a brother in BC and will spend a couple of days with him before flying on to Ontario. Kevin is going to meet me there. We don't have long together, because he's trying to save days for when we are approved (how's that for staying positive). It has been a matter of some quick planning but it has given us a boost to get through the next stage until we hear something from USCIS. We can't really believe it, but I'm leaving NZ on the 26th so still have lots to do. I am juggling with seats on flights - what a time of year to be doing this, but really happy that we will be together, even though its not for long.

Happy holidays and best wishes to you and Inday.

Andie.

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

Thanks so much RK - don't know where its all heading... but thank you for your thoughts.

Andie - You are welcome. I admire your stick-to-it-iveness in the face of everything and over the time period. Although not as long as you have, Inday also had to decline various opportunities pending hopeful outcomes during this process. Stand firm, Andie; we are cheering you on, you will make it, it ***will*** all work out OK in the end. --RK

K-1

AOS

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS

Andie - You are welcome. I admire your stick-to-it-iveness in the face of everything and over the time period. Although not as long as you have, Inday also had to decline various opportunities pending hopeful outcomes during this process. Stand firm, Andie; we are cheering you on, you will make it, it ***will*** all work out OK in the end. --RK

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays, Andie, RK and all!

RK - Yes the embassy has been nice to us, although I did let the previous K-1 chief know I didn't appreciate how they handled some things.

Even now there's some unnerving issues that came up but I'm fighting and handling them the best I can. Just to give you a hint, I've taken up learning hypnosis.

Yes Andie, what RK said, hold on and I'm glad you'll be meet Kevin in Canada! That for sure will give you the strength and motivation to keep up the fight!

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays, Andie, RK and all!

RK - Yes the embassy has been nice to us, although I did let the previous K-1 chief know I didn't appreciate how they handled some things.

Even now there's some unnerving issues that came up but I'm fighting and handling them the best I can. Just to give you a hint, I've taken up learning hypnosis.

Yes Andie, what RK said, hold on and I'm glad you'll be meet Kevin in Canada! That for sure will give you the strength and motivation to keep up the fight!

Well now back in NZ from Canada... I had a couple of days with my brother in BC and flew on to Ontario. We were foiled by the snow storms over in the east when Kevin was held up for a day and my flight was delayed. BUT we did have some time together and wondered how we had survived so long apart. Anyway, we are trying to chase things again. I came back through BC again and had a few more days there before coming back to NZ. Exhausted with all the flying but we are even more motivated and ready for the next battle. Hopefully not too long now.

How is everyone? Looky, have you been away yet? Any other news?

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Well now back in NZ from Canada... I had a couple of days with my brother in BC and flew on to Ontario. We were foiled by the snow storms over in the east when Kevin was held up for a day and my flight was delayed. BUT we did have some time together and wondered how we had survived so long apart. Anyway, we are trying to chase things again. I came back through BC again and had a few more days there before coming back to NZ. Exhausted with all the flying but we are even more motivated and ready for the next battle. Hopefully not too long now.

How is everyone? Looky, have you been away yet? Any other news?

Hi Andie, I'm so glad you got to see Kevin again and got your motivation back! :yes:

I was planning to fly over to Cyprus tomorrow. But again something happened and I had to cancel the interview that was going to be at the end of the month. An unfortunate combination of things stressed her out, like her landlord all of a sudden saying with 2 weeks notice that she must leave her apartment and a agent saying there were no places right now, and who knows what else. So somehow her head got hit again, its been a month since and she's still taking pills for her head. Even worse again is that she lost her memory again. Her memory loss is not like the ones before as this time she remembers no one, not even her mother or father, but maybe cause this time its probably from a concussion. Fortunately I didn't have much of a problem convincing her who I am and we are waiting for her head to get better and then see whether her memory starts coming back naturally. I'm starting to think about other side options, especially for if her memory doesn't come back soon, like before. Like marrying her over there. We will see.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

Looky, Andie, everyone --

The Best is wished to all for this New Year!

Andie, I am so glad to hear that you and Kevin were able to see each other and spend some time together!! That is really, really neat! I am excited to hear that your motivation levels have increased substantially.

Looky, I am very sorry about the latest in you and your fiance's saga. Despite the obvious desire that her condition be better, I am glad to hear that things are not worse. That is good news that she is trusting enought to understand who you are. With the memory loss, how was it known she hit her head? Did someone find her and help her get to the doctor? It is good that she has you to guide her through this, even give her an anchor of sorts. Also, yes, it is good that you are continuing to consider alternative options and very good that options are available. Prayers still continuing...

Here, Inday and I are doing pretty good. My job took me overseas from September to December so that separation was difficult for us, especially for Inday. We had a very happy reunion just before Christmas, however! Now, Inday is still awaiting AOS results, has received work authorization (and is considering her options in this regard) and is still working on getting her driving learning permit and learning to drive [she never had to learn before because all kinds of public transportation was always so available in Philippines & Singapore]. Inday and I are both learning about being married which is quite an education in itself but a wonderful adventure :-)

Take care all, and once again, many good wishes extend to all for the coming new year...

--RK

K-1

AOS

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.