TJ01212011

March 2011 Filers..

1,983 posts in this topic

Gosh Looky, if it wasn't so harebrained it would appear your love story is too strange to be true, but it's just TOO far fetched not to be! You will have to write down all the details into a story, I can see it being a best seller one day! I hope she gets her memory back soon!

Jan 21 2011 sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox - they lost it
Mar 22 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox second time
May 2 2011 - NOA1 at CSC
July 15 2011 - NOA2!!!
July 21 2011 - Hardcopy of NOA2 received in mail
Aug 9 2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal
Sep 7 2011 - Packet 4 sent from embassy
Oct 27 2011 - Interview
Nov 12 2011 - Intended POE VISA delayed due to typo on son's name at the consulate
Nov 22 2011 - Picked up Visa
Nov 26 2011 - New intended POE date
Dec 10 2011 - Wedding

Jan 12 2012 - Sent AOS package
Feb 1 2012 - They send rejection notice, they lost a signature page
Feb 4 2012 - Resent package
Feb 14 2012 - NOA2
Feb 22 2012 - NOA3
March 21 2012 - Biometrics
March 30 2012 - NOA4
May 16 2012 - Interview date

April 2014 - application for I751 Removal of Conditions
May 7 2014 - NOA for notice of receipt and extension letter received
May 8 2014- Verification of inclusion of a dependent letter received
Not dated but in May - letter requesting interview received
July 10 2014 - ASC appointment notice for biometrics received

July 24 2014 Biometrics appointment

Jan 22 2015 - USCIS call

March 18 2015 - USCIS call

April 2 2015 - USCIS call

May 14 2015 - Infopass appt

July 21 2015 - infopass appt

Sept 18 2015 - infopass appt
Feb 25 2016 - USCIS call
Feb 25 2016 - Ombudsman request form sent

Gosh Looky, if it wasn't so harebrained it would appear your love story is too strange to be true, but it's just TOO far fetched not to be! You will have to write down all the details into a story, I can see it being a best seller one day! I hope she gets her memory back soon!

Well you are quite right there Thea, thanks! Harebrained as it is, in a way its made my life quite exciting and probably thats why I have to stick with her. I got involved with her knowing she had some health problems. The Chernobyl nuclear accident happened in Ukraine, really not too far from where she was born, in Latvia. She will get her memory back, I'm sure of it, I'm just a little worried that if it takes more than 2 months more the embassy might lose patience with us.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The person with case number before mine got approved yesterday. :dance: :dance:

Light at the end of the tunnel :thumbs:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

Well RK good news for me. Loreta wasn't able to take that flight to Cyprus and ended up in a hospital in Poland instead. She did lose her memory and fortunately one of her friends found her and got her back to Cyprus.

Sometimes I dial her international phone number without realizing it. Thats what happened this morning. The phone was ringing and I had to recheck the number I dialed! For sure it was her number! I finally got her, but she had to ask who I was! I told her my name and she did think she knew this name from America! But anyway thats a great sign and no doubt she'll get all her memory back in 2 or 3 days. :dance:

Looky--I am very glad to hear the good news! Hope the good news continues. You and your fiance are due for a big "up" after all the "downs"/valleys. -RK

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Timeline

Just catching up here with the recent news. Lots of ups and downs for you Looky, but seems like things are turning around again. What a worrying time... yes definitely a movie in the making. I was relieved to read your last post and hope things continue to improve for Loreta over the coming days.

We still don't have any final word, but the Tier 2 said they seemed to have everything they needed.... this all took a couple more weeks. She then said she had done her appraisal and had forwarded it to her supervisor in Vermont with her recommendations. We then got a posted update from the supervisor saying the Tier 2 had requested an expedite and we would hear more in about a week. We should have something any day now, but I know there are lots of delays at present within the system, so we just wait and hope. There is still no certainty of an approval so its very stressful. I will let you knowof any more news at it happens.

RK also, thanks so much for your support. Today is 21 months since we have been together, so it has been a long road. Not much of a life, but if it all works out it will be worth it. Best wishes to you all.

A.

You are welcome. Sorry about the extreme long wait all the stress for you. However: still, have been, and will continue praying and cheering you on. Yes, when it all works out, it will be worth it: keep holding on tightly and faithfully to that thought! -RK

K-1
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Timeline

@Looky, I am sorry to hear that Loreta does not yet have her memory back fully. I am encourage and happy to hear that she knows you and trusts you. Thea is correct: your story tops all the rest. Makes the movie "50 Blind Dates" seem like a walk in the park compared to your and Loreta's experiences! Anyway, continuing to hope and pray all works out. --RK

K-1

AOS

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS

@Looky, I am sorry to hear that Loreta does not yet have her memory back fully. I am encourage and happy to hear that she knows you and trusts you. Thea is correct: your story tops all the rest. Makes the movie "50 Blind Dates" seem like a walk in the park compared to your and Loreta's experiences! Anyway, continuing to hope and pray all works out. --RK

Thanks RK, yes maybe I'll have to make a book out of this and get someone to make a movie for us someday! :yes: We're going to make this work somehow even if it takes another year or so. We've got 10 years invested in each other and neither of us are growing any younger. :P

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Thanks RK, yes maybe I'll have to make a book out of this and get someone to make a movie for us someday! :yes: We're going to make this work somehow even if it takes another year or so. We've got 10 years invested in each other and neither of us are growing any younger. :P

Well Looky, I know what you mean :blink: ... that clock just keeps moving.

Anyway, we had our Infopass meeting - He went along with all our paperwork. Went through the whole story from March 2011 to the present. She looked in the system and found everything was exactly as we had thought... that everything had been put together, looked like they had everything they needed and it seems that the person that worked on our file then gave it to the supervisor who had been asked to expedite it. (The supervisor told us we could expect to hear something in 5-7 days - that was about 6 weeks ago). It turns out NOTHING HAS HAPPENED !!

So the woman at the local office was going to call them and find out what's going on. She also spoke to her supervisor who then became involved and said it was probably that the person who now had it, decided it was too difficult to do in a few minutes so put it aside. (what AGAIN??) Anyway, they were very sympathetic and wanted to help resolve it quickly by following up and to come back to us in a day or two (about now).

Well, it looks like any chance of getting there by the end of the year is not going to happen :( - our embassy process is very quick, and its probably still possible - but each day that goes by I'm just losing hope.

I'll let you know of any updates (don't hold your breath :reading: )

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

Also meant to say Looky, Hope things are improving with Loreta. She must be a very special lady and I'm looking forward to hearing some positive news before too long for you both. (F)

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Well Looky, I know what you mean :blink: ... that clock just keeps moving.

Anyway, we had our Infopass meeting - He went along with all our paperwork. Went through the whole story from March 2011 to the present. She looked in the system and found everything was exactly as we had thought... that everything had been put together, looked like they had everything they needed and it seems that the person that worked on our file then gave it to the supervisor who had been asked to expedite it. (The supervisor told us we could expect to hear something in 5-7 days - that was about 6 weeks ago). It turns out NOTHING HAS HAPPENED !!

So the woman at the local office was going to call them and find out what's going on. She also spoke to her supervisor who then became involved and said it was probably that the person who now had it, decided it was too difficult to do in a few minutes so put it aside. (what AGAIN??) Anyway, they were very sympathetic and wanted to help resolve it quickly by following up and to come back to us in a day or two (about now).

Well, it looks like any chance of getting there by the end of the year is not going to happen :( - our embassy process is very quick, and its probably still possible - but each day that goes by I'm just losing hope.

I'll let you know of any updates (don't hold your breath :reading: )

Oh how crazy can the process get! At least you have some sympathetic ears on the other side now Andie and hopefully they'll break through the log jam! :wacko: There's no telling when though, you're right. (F)

Yes Loreta is quite a special woman to me. She's going thru hard times right now but I understand what she's going thru cause I once had very hard times for a while myself. I guess we just understand each other, even now when she doesn't quite remember. Her first real session is coming up tomorrow with that doctor and so tomorrow I'll find out if its going to work. I'm pretty sure it will but probably he'll start on her early years tomorrow. It'll give us something to talk about cause right now she barely only remembers a few things from her past.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Also meant to say Looky, Hope things are improving with Loreta. She must be a very special lady and I'm looking forward to hearing some positive news before too long for you both. (F)

Hi Andie, things look real good as of today. Loreta went to see that hypnotist and she felt like she was dreaming about her childhood. She remembered her grade school and school friends and old memories like that. There was nothing recent that she remembered about Cyprus except she did remember places she had worked there. When the Dr. brought her out she felt a little dizzy. Also after I asked her about whether she rembembered certain things she felt a little dizzy. I guess her mind finally remembering things that she couldn't before is a bit of a daunting excercise.

Anyway there's no doubt that she will recover from her memory loss but, we're going to take it slow. :dance: Her next session is next Friday.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

Hi Andie, things look real good as of today. Loreta went to see that hypnotist and she felt like she was dreaming about her childhood. She remembered her grade school and school friends and old memories like that. There was nothing recent that she remembered about Cyprus except she did remember places she had worked there. When the Dr. brought her out she felt a little dizzy. Also after I asked her about whether she rembembered certain things she felt a little dizzy. I guess her mind finally remembering things that she couldn't before is a bit of a daunting excercise.

Anyway there's no doubt that she will recover from her memory loss but, we're going to take it slow. :dance: Her next session is next Friday.

That's great Looky ... I have heard good things about hypnotherapy in the past and I'm just delighted that Loreta has already shown some benefits from it. Things are looking really hopeful. It must be so confusing for her, but things will improve as she progresses with it.

On our side, Kevin had a call from the local office and it turns out that the file was a combination of our 2011 and our 2012 petitions. The woman said that was causing the problem, but I know that a few months ago that was sorted out - the last supervisor must have mixed them up again :o:angry:

Anyway, Kevin explained it all again and said that it should be clear from the dates on the documents, but that we had already been told that they had everything they needed in the new petition, so it should all be there.

She said she would keep working on it and was emailing him today - he doesn't finish work till late at night at present, so is going to check when he gets home. I'm hoping she mentions an expedite as we have already been told that they could do that and it is their error this time round.

I'll let you know of any developments... best wishes to you both (F)

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

Well the latest is that the local office has put the paperwork back in order (again). It seems that every time someone looks at our file they get confused with the 2011 and the 2012 petition and don't know which bits go with which. They have said that if we didn't call to make sure everything was ok, that they wouldn't have looked at the 2011 and that the 2012 would have been worked on without confusion.

However, we didn't ever get an NOA1 for the 2012 so no case number - we didn't know whether they had everything or not. The local office is now forwarding details to VSC (I think) to explain it, so they can go ahead and work on our 2012 petition. I have no idea how long this will take. Next step we will get a case number and we can request an expedite then - that doesn't mean we will get one, but so many people have looked at it, surely something has to happen soon :cry:

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Well the latest is that the local office has put the paperwork back in order (again). It seems that every time someone looks at our file they get confused with the 2011 and the 2012 petition and don't know which bits go with which. They have said that if we didn't call to make sure everything was ok, that they wouldn't have looked at the 2011 and that the 2012 would have been worked on without confusion.

However, we didn't ever get an NOA1 for the 2012 so no case number - we didn't know whether they had everything or not. The local office is now forwarding details to VSC (I think) to explain it, so they can go ahead and work on our 2012 petition. I have no idea how long this will take. Next step we will get a case number and we can request an expedite then - that doesn't mean we will get one, but so many people have looked at it, surely something has to happen soon :cry:

Oh Andie, so sorry that all this mess has turned your case into a tangled spiderweb. They've built USCIS like an assembly line with the adjucators given specific steps, and if the steps get out of sequence they don't know how to handle it. So it sounds like your case was too outside of bounds for them to be able to handle. But hopefully the local office has finally straightened out the mess and your case finally starts moving towards the finish line. (F)

As for us, we're doing fine. Loreta is one step closer to her memory recovery. She remembers how and where we met but not everything we've done. I think it'll all come back to her in her next session on Friday.

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

Oh Andie, so sorry that all this mess has turned your case into a tangled spiderweb. They've built USCIS like an assembly line with the adjucators given specific steps, and if the steps get out of sequence they don't know how to handle it. So it sounds like your case was too outside of bounds for them to be able to handle. But hopefully the local office has finally straightened out the mess and your case finally starts moving towards the finish line. (F)

As for us, we're doing fine. Loreta is one step closer to her memory recovery. She remembers how and where we met but not everything we've done. I think it'll all come back to her in her next session on Friday.

Don't I know it... I can tell you that there was nothing missing from our second petition last March... it was perfect, and the mix up with 2011 wasn't anticipated. We're in the same boat as you and Loreta in the sense that we know this is meant to be and that we should be together.. what a cruel system. Happy to hear that Loreta is continuing to improve. I know these things can be slow and in fact she is doing exceptionally well by all accounts.

For us, I have days when I wonder if love will defy adversity.. but it has to, as with you and Loreta. Its what we both want and though the days seem so long sometimes we have to keep up the fight... looking forward to more good news - it sounds like her progress is going so well. (F)

Edited by Andie

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.