TJ01212011

March 2011 Filers..

1,983 posts in this topic

I hate that you both are still stuck way back in this part of the process. The whole process sucks, and while some of us are done now with it until our ROC in a few years, it still is bittersweet looking back on it, and how heartbreaking it was to be apart. The fact that you guys haven't kept up with us on the timeline, and are stalled back here so far behind, is just not right. I wish that this is it now for you both, and you get put through in a speedy manner. I know it's USCIS so that's not gonna happen, but I hope you guys can keep some more patience and get there. It's just not fair.

Hi Thea, thank you for your words. Yes its not fair but life is not fair and love is not fair. But I never expected this to go smoothly. I've had to spend a lot of time and effort to win Loreta over, spanning 10 years. Also with all the things that happened to her from her childhood and everything, she's never before wanted to marry anyone or leave the life she's living now. So I'm just so happy at the fact that we're still in the ball game and going to knock it out of the park! Remember there are a lot of March 2011 filers that gave the process up and we are still in the lucky category. But the fact is that there's no other woman in this world I want, so I have no other choice than to make it happen.

I'm more worried about Andie, I think its taking more of a toll on her.

Here's wishing you a smooth ride the rest of the way Thea, take care!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Well Looky I guess you're right.. but I don't see any alternative so I just keep trying to stay on track. I'm not working so its virtually impossible for me to get a visitor visa (insufficient ties) and because I spent too much time there earlier on. I didn't realise the significance of that - I thought so long as I was able to provide for myself, it wasn't an issue butI was wrong. We just have to wait, and if I knew the paperwork was all together and in progress it would be easier - not having a time frame is the most difficult thing.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Well Looky I guess you're right.. but I don't see any alternative so I just keep trying to stay on track. I'm not working so its virtually impossible for me to get a visitor visa (insufficient ties) and because I spent too much time there earlier on. I didn't realise the significance of that - I thought so long as I was able to provide for myself, it wasn't an issue butI was wrong. We just have to wait, and if I knew the paperwork was all together and in progress it would be easier - not having a time frame is the most difficult thing.

Hi Andie, are you talking about the post I just made? Actually I must have been writing as you were posting so I didn't see your previous post until after I posted.

Well anyway, about the petition you have going now, is it beyond the normal time of getting NOA1 these days? Sometimes there is a case number on the back of the cashed check, was there one? The NOA1 is just a notice of receipt of your petition so even if somehow they boggled sending you that it doesn't necessarily mean your petition is not in process. If the USCIS customer service center keeps telling you they have no idea mention to Kevin that next time he talks to them to ask for a second tier officer, cause those guys have access to the computers. I didn't mean to say infopass can't work, its always worth a try. If it really goes to far beyond reasonable time, Kevin can contact a congressman living within his district.

I agree Andie, you need to know something is in the works so that you're not just waiting for nothing. I feel like Kevin is not pushing hard enough for your case, its about time he puts his priority where it needs to be, on you.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Andie & Lookie--Sorry to know you are still at this point in process but wanted you to know still thinking & praying for you and your loved ones. You've certainly not been forgotten. That being said, I also second Looky's recent optimistic points. -RK

@Looky--Again, glad to know Loreta got interview date & you've decided to be there around the time of her interview. I still think your decision to avoid mentioning dates is very wise; probably would be just as wise to avoid mentioning time frames as well because of all that has happened. We here all know that after Loreta has gone to interview and done whatever else needs to be done, you will let us know what has been accomplished. Specific prayers, wishes, and cheering squad encouragements for now scheduled interview!!! -RK

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Timeline

Thanks Looky and RK so much for your support. I'm often online here and look around for familiar names and wonder how everyone is.

I have some good news!

Kev called this morning and spoke to a Tier 2 person.... (YAY!!)

He was armed with copies of all our information with him going right back to our first petition and explained what has been happening since Day 1.

The Tier 2 lady was great. She checked the computer and found everything !! She said our documents are all over the place - even located the missing followed up documents that we sent way back from our first petition. (We had wondered if they were floating around somewhere and confusing things). Anyway she said that when files look tricky in any way, often they are put to one side, which is what seems to have happened with ours. She said she was going to start working on it and he is to call again tomorrow and speak with her.

I am just so happy and relieved that everything is there and no longer just lost in space somewhere and that there is a person in their system that knows what is going on.

:)

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Thanks Looky and RK so much for your support. I'm often online here and look around for familiar names and wonder how everyone is.

I have some good news!

Kev called this morning and spoke to a Tier 2 person.... (YAY!!)

He was armed with copies of all our information with him going right back to our first petition and explained what has been happening since Day 1.

The Tier 2 lady was great. She checked the computer and found everything !! She said our documents are all over the place - even located the missing followed up documents that we sent way back from our first petition. (We had wondered if they were floating around somewhere and confusing things). Anyway she said that when files look tricky in any way, often they are put to one side, which is what seems to have happened with ours. She said she was going to start working on it and he is to call again tomorrow and speak with her.

I am just so happy and relieved that everything is there and no longer just lost in space somewhere and that there is a person in their system that knows what is going on.

:)

Andie, thats great news! :D What a relief! I can't remember the last time you had good news, other than your new petition. Hopefully all goes smooth from here! :yes:

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

Andie, thats great news! :D What a relief! I can't remember the last time you had good news, other than your new petition. Hopefully all goes smooth from here! :yes:

hi Looky ... yes, such progress. After all this time, finally some real answers. I'm scared to think too far ahead, but at least our documents aren't lost in a whirlpool of paper. Thanks for your good thoughts and wishes.. I truly appreciate it. :yes:

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Oh Andie, I know what it's like to have documents go missing like that, and the relief when you know they finally have what they need. It's funny, with all the ####### we went through in the beginning, we were one of the first here in the group to get our greencards. So, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, you can't have bad luck/bad karma always... So, hopefully we can start seeing more good news from you and from Looky too soon!

Jan 21 2011 sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox - they lost it
Mar 22 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox second time
May 2 2011 - NOA1 at CSC
July 15 2011 - NOA2!!!
July 21 2011 - Hardcopy of NOA2 received in mail
Aug 9 2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal
Sep 7 2011 - Packet 4 sent from embassy
Oct 27 2011 - Interview
Nov 12 2011 - Intended POE VISA delayed due to typo on son's name at the consulate
Nov 22 2011 - Picked up Visa
Nov 26 2011 - New intended POE date
Dec 10 2011 - Wedding

Jan 12 2012 - Sent AOS package
Feb 1 2012 - They send rejection notice, they lost a signature page
Feb 4 2012 - Resent package
Feb 14 2012 - NOA2
Feb 22 2012 - NOA3
March 21 2012 - Biometrics
March 30 2012 - NOA4
May 16 2012 - Interview date

April 2014 - application for I751 Removal of Conditions
May 7 2014 - NOA for notice of receipt and extension letter received
May 8 2014- Verification of inclusion of a dependent letter received
Not dated but in May - letter requesting interview received
July 10 2014 - ASC appointment notice for biometrics received

July 24 2014 Biometrics appointment

Jan 22 2015 - USCIS call

March 18 2015 - USCIS call

April 2 2015 - USCIS call

May 14 2015 - Infopass appt

July 21 2015 - infopass appt

Sept 18 2015 - infopass appt
Feb 25 2016 - USCIS call
Feb 25 2016 - Ombudsman request form sent

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Andie--You are welcome. Hurray!!!!! :dancing::dance::dance::dancing: I am so very, very glad to hear the good news you shared! More prayers, all best wishes for continuing good news and successes for you!! --RK

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Timeline

Oh Andie, I know what it's like to have documents go missing like that, and the relief when you know they finally have what they need. It's funny, with all the ####### we went through in the beginning, we were one of the first here in the group to get our greencards. So, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, you can't have bad luck/bad karma always... So, hopefully we can start seeing more good news from you and from Looky too soon!

Thanks Thea - I had forgotten you had gone through so much of this as well - You just get scared its never going to be resolved. Looky had said how good the Tier 2's were and he was right. We're waiting for the next bit of news from them and how they will proceed, but for now just feeling so much better.

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

@Andie--You are welcome. Hurray!!!!! :dancing::dance::dance::dancing: I am so very, very glad to hear the good news you shared! More prayers, all best wishes for continuing good news and successes for you!! --RK

Thanks RK .. things are certainly looking so much better .. best wishes to you as well !

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

He called back the next day and was told our paperwork was in four different places - she was going to ask for everything to be sent to her by Friday - and told him to call back Monday. He called back Monday and she said she was still waiting for one thing which still hadn't arrived on her desk - (but it looked like they had everything they needed :o )

I've put May 24 on my profile for submission date but actually it was sent in March (about the 30th I think) - we heard nothing for several weeks - no NOA1, but I'd noticed from VJ that was happening to a few people about that time and tried not to panic - then they returned it because they wanted a different check. The one he sent was his own company - which has his last name and no initials so didn't match the petition (what???). So by the time he received it and resent it in it was late May (hence the May 24 submission date).

She realised things were out of hand. She told him to call back later this week and to make sure we had all our other docs ready :o .... I'm too scared to even 'think' this out loud..

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

.. they wanted a different check. The one he sent was his own company - which has his last name and no initials so didn't match the petition (what???). So by the time he received it and resent it in it was late May (hence the May 24 submission date).

That is the printed name on the check.. not the signature by the way :)

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

He called back the next day and was told our paperwork was in four different places - she was going to ask for everything to be sent to her by Friday - and told him to call back Monday. He called back Monday and she said she was still waiting for one thing which still hadn't arrived on her desk - (but it looked like they had everything they needed :o )

I've put May 24 on my profile for submission date but actually it was sent in March (about the 30th I think) - we heard nothing for several weeks - no NOA1, but I'd noticed from VJ that was happening to a few people about that time and tried not to panic - then they returned it because they wanted a different check. The one he sent was his own company - which has his last name and no initials so didn't match the petition (what???). So by the time he received it and resent it in it was late May (hence the May 24 submission date).

She realised things were out of hand. She told him to call back later this week and to make sure we had all our other docs ready :o .... I'm too scared to even 'think' this out loud..

Hey Andie don't give up hope on this, I mean they are working on it. Probably the worst that can happen is maybe they're missing a document or something. But they'll give you a chance to send a new one in. With all the mess they've made with your documents they really should just process your case and approve you, you deserve it! (F)

I still think the fact that they found most, if not all, of your documents is a good sign.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

Hey Andie don't give up hope on this, I mean they are working on it. Probably the worst that can happen is maybe they're missing a document or something. But they'll give you a chance to send a new one in. With all the mess they've made with your documents they really should just process your case and approve you, you deserve it! (F)

I still think the fact that they found most, if not all, of your documents is a good sign.

Thanks so much Looky - Well she can see what they've got in their system and seems to be saying that we sent everything. She also seems to be very aware of the mess with parts of our petition all over the place and is trying to collect it all up so it can be processed. I'm hoping its a good sign too - but the waiting is just killing me ... :wacko:

BTW, when do you go away ?

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.