Al422

Asleep at The Vermont DIsservice Center

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I wonder where people are getting this idea.

They haven't even scratched the surface of October yet.

A handful of January/February filers got approved, but October, November, and December are sitting quite idle.

They keep reading the "Approximate Processing Dates for Common Forms" ####### that is displayed when you first click on Immigration Timelines. It says November 1 because the CSC has approved so many January/February filers on VJ that their information has made it believe that CSC is way ahead of where they really are (aka it's skewing the data).

That section is so inaccurate I don't even bother looking at it. Government employees such as those who do petitions do not work weekends normally (they do have voluntary overtime though) or Federal holidays, yet that section updates on Federal holidays and weekends, non-stop.

Igor's list is where to look to get a pretty accurate idea on where the centers are at.

Edited by Blob18

They keep reading the "Approximate Processing Dates for Common Forms" ####### that is displayed when you first click on Immigration Timelines. It says November 1 because the CSC has approved so many January/February filers on VJ that their information has made it believe that CSC is way ahead of where they really are (aka it's skewing the data).

That section is so inaccurate I don't even bother looking at it. Government employees such as those who do petitions do not work weekends normally (they do have voluntary overtime though) or Federal holidays, yet that section updates on Federal holidays and weekends, non-stop.

Igor's list is where to look to get a pretty accurate idea on where the centers are at.

Thank you.

That makes so much more sense now.

I didn't even realize that was there, because I always look at Igor's list itself. :blink:

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Just so you know, I spent the last five months cultivating political contacts in Congress specifically for this purpose, and on the day of the 5 month mark, this past Monday, I called in my chips. Let's see what happens.

Unfortunately, theyre starting to give congresspeople the same bs answers they give us. I had my congresswoman call the day after my 5 month mark, and they gave her the same "we can't put in a service request until 30 days after normal processing times" speech I've been getting. You'll have to let us know how it goes for you.

POE: 5/17/2011

Wedding: 5/21/2011

AOS Mailed: 6/17/2011

NOA1 6/27/2011

RFE 7/13/2011

EAD approved 8/22/2011 :)

AOS Approved 9/14/2011 :) :) :)

USCIS Free till 2013!!!!!!!!! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just a rant, so feel free to skip this post.

I am so sick of this whole process!!!!

I came to the USA from Russia 20 years ago, because I wanted to live someplace, where I have control over my life, and not dependent on some faceless government bureaucrat. It worked well for the most part - I had the sense that my personal efforts and amount of energy I put into things translated into results...

I obviously have not been prepared for this particular experience of complete opaqueness and rubbery deadlines. I feel literally nauseous from helplessness, and having no-one in particular to confront. Trying to keep focused and calm yoga/meditation, but my every instinct urges me to do something, fight, scream, whatever...

...yes, I did get a service request, and contacted my representatives...

:angry::wacko::devil:

Thank you for this post. I have been complaining for months that the USCIS looks more like a remnant of the old Soviet Union than it does the greatest democracy in the world.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I see one approval for today so far.

Five for the day before that.

Two for the day before that.

Seven for the day before that.

It irritates me to no end that you seem to sincerely believe that if VJ does not show a huge number of approvals every single day, the employees in Vermont are "goofing off" and not doing their jobs.

:thumbs::dance:

When I first sent our paperwork in I thought he would be here in 5 months or less. I had no idea how long VSC stage was taking and no idea that Montreal was so behing until I found VJ. So now I don't even have the slightest idea when he could be here. However, here is how I feel about VSC. Whether it's logic or for the sole purpose of staying sane I don't know...

1. They tell us the timeframe for processing our paperwork...I-129F - Five months. So it ends up being 5 1/2 or 6 and its a HUGE deal. Yet it took most of us days or weeks to organize all the paperwork, wait for our SO to mail stuff, etc...but that's OK.

2. As most of you know our petitions are not the only petitions they get.

3. The way our government functions is all of a sudden a huge surprise because of USCIS? You haven't noticed our tax laws or the way IRS functions or the way our education or health system functions? Really?!

4. The firm/company I work for had clients that would pay hundres of dollars each month for our services, even though their file would be in the file cabinet for days/weeks because we couldn't get to it due to other more important matters or just the things that were put in front of us. 4(a) Ever take your car to a shop and they tell you it will be fixed in two days and when you go get it in two days they tell you we need two more days and then you don't get your car for weeks? 4(b) Ever have to wait for a bus/taxi/airplane that you paid for but something happened so you had to stay at the airport for a day/two? Not as you have planned but yet it happens............

THIS IS LIFE! We "choose" to fall in love with someone outside of our country, we choose to be with them and we choose this process, now we wait to get what we want!

I wait for things everyday here and there, for this and that, because of this person or because of that person, so it would really suck if I didn't have the patiance, love and whatever else it is taking to wait for him than none of this would be work it, now or when he gets here...

Don't get me wrong, the wait sucks, each day without him sucks, every night I go to bed and want to cry a river sucks, every day I come home from work sucks, phone and texting suck...but I have noone to blame for this and they no intentions of blaming anyone, what I want is coming and that's all that matters.....

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

P.S. No time to proof, sorry for any errors!!!!

Edited by M&Dj

K-1

NOA1 ------ 11-17-2010

NOA2 ------ 04-25-2011

Package Received By NVC ----- 04/28/2011

Package Left From NVC ----- 05/03/2011

Package Received by MTL ---- 05/05/2011

P3 Received from MTL ---- Never

MTL Sent P3 ---- 05/19/2011

P3 Delivered at MTL ---- 05/26/2011

MTL Sent P4 ---- 06/01/2011

Medical ---- 06/15/2011

Interview ---- 08/08/2011 - APPROVED

Visa printed ---- 08/15/2011

Waybill e-mail received ---- 08/17/2011

Visa in hand ---- 08/22/2011

POE ---- 08/28/2011

Wedding ---- 09/17/2011

AOS (I485, I765, I131)

NOA1 ---- 10/07/2011

I485 NOA2 APPROVAL/CARD IN PRODUCTION NOTICE ---- 11/30/2011

Card Received ---- 12/5/2011

USCIS FREE FOR 2 YEARS :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I wonder where people are getting this idea.

They haven't even scratched the surface of October yet.

A handful of January/February filers got approved, but October, November, and December are sitting quite idle.

Sorry,

You are correct... They are beginning on Oct according to Igor's list. I see some approvals from the beginning of October. Once again, probably just to enhance the stats.

At least they are at the 5 month mark and not 4-6 weeks behind it.

Either way, it is a terribly long process for all of us......

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

:thumbs::dance:

When I first sent our paperwork in I thought he would be here in 5 months or less. I had no idea how long VSC stage was taking and no idea that Montreal was so behing until I found VJ. So now I don't even have the slightest idea when he could be here. However, here is how I feel about VSC. Whether it's logic or for the sole purpose of staying sane I don't know...

1. They tell us the timeframe for processing our paperwork...I-129F - Five months. So it ends up being 5 1/2 or 6 and its a HUGE deal. Yet it took most of us days or weeks to organize all the paperwork, wait for our SO to mail stuff, etc...but that's OK.

2. As most of you know our petitions are not the only petitions they get.

3. The way our government functions is all of a sudden a huge surprise because of USCIS? You haven't noticed our tax laws or the way IRS functions or the way our education or health system functions? Really?!

4. The firm/company I work for had clients that would pay hundres of dollars each month for our services, even though their file would be in the file cabinet for days/weeks because we couldn't get to it due to other more important matters or just the things that were put in front of us. 4(a) Ever take your car to a shop and they tell you it will be fixed in two days and when you go get it in two days they tell you we need two more days and then you don't get your car for weeks? 4(b) Ever have to wait for a bus/taxi/airplane that you paid for but something happened so you had to stay at the airport for a day/two? Not as you have planned but yet it happens............

THIS IS LIFE! We "choose" to fall in love with someone outside of our country, we choose to be with them and we choose this process, now we wait to get what we want!

I wait for things everyday here and there, for this and that, because of this person or because of that person, so it would really suck if I didn't have the patiance, love and whatever else it is taking to wait for him than none of this would be work it, now or when he gets here...

Don't get me wrong, the wait sucks, each day without him sucks, every night I go to bed and want to cry a river sucks, every day I come home from work sucks, phone and texting suck...but I have noone to blame for this and they no intentions of blaming anyone, what I want is coming and that's all that matters.....

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

P.S. No time to proof, sorry for any errors!!!!

Still not acceptable. They say 5 months, and then it becomes 6 to 7 months, assuming they don't go ballistic on you because you forgot to check a box, and then they shove an RFE down your throat and take another month out of your life.

I truly do not care how many other petitions they have. None of that is my problem. My problem is that I need MY petition adjudicated. I paid for the service, and now I want it. Period. No excuses.

Can you send me some of your clients? You know, the ones who pay hundreds of dollars and then wait for months. If we are ONE WEEK late with one of our customers, just once, our account is gone forever to the competition.

The only reason the Vermont Disservice Center gets away with such abysmal non-service and downright fraud is that they have no competition. If the person you fall in love with happens to reside in another country, you have no choice. You are stuck with this pathetic excuse of a so-called service center.

I deal with government agencies all of the time. None of them are even close to being as bad as the Vermont Disservice Center. Even the worst bureaucracy I deal with (we make military hardware and deal with D.O.D.) answer our questions in a week or two. The Vermont DIsservice Center answers to nobody and is accountable to nobody. There are no checks and balances like the government is supposed to have and like the rest of the government does have. They are a little Empire unto themselves run by a petty dictator who thinks that we are just clumps of raw sewage.

Timeline

The abysmal incompetence and arrogant conceit of the Vermont Disservice Center is way beyond anything even remotely resembling an acceptable excuse by anything operated by the human species. The baboons in the jungles of Africa can do a better job.

Here is a rare look into the inner workings of the Vermont Disservice Center:

monkeys.jpg

Timeline

It's not a rare look, since this must be the 5th time you've posted that picture. Time for some new material.

Is that a challenge? You're on! I'll go look for some. Maybe it will even get us a few approvals.

Hmm, let's see: I already used a skeleton, a dinosaur, and monkeys.

What should I come up with next?

Anybody got any ideas?

How about a snail? I love the robot chicken snail. Or how about a snail riding on top of a turtle. Al I hope I am not stealing anything you were thinking of if so I apologize.

My link

My link

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Is that a challenge? You're on! I'll go look for some. Maybe it will even get us a few approvals.

Hmm, let's see: I already used a skeleton, a dinosaur, and monkeys.

What should I come up with next?

Anybody got any ideas?

Tell us the one about the screen door and the submarine again.

Timeline

How about this episode of Star Trek (repeated in my signature, as you can see):

CAPTAIN KIRK: Captain's log, stardate 02-28-11. We are in orbit around the Vermont Disservice Center to investigate reports that I-129f petitions are disappearing into a black hole. Landing party, report!

MR. SPOCK: Captain, we have arrived at the Vermont Disservice Center. It is an illogical place with I-129f petitions stacked up to the ceiling. Logic would call for these petitions to be processed, but nobody is doing anything.

DR. MCCOY: Jim, there are bodies all around. I'm getting no readings on my tri-corder. I think they're all dead.

CAPTAIN KIRK: Are those the adjudicators? Is that why nothing is getting done?

SCOTTY: No, Cap'n. These are the petitioners. The poor lads and lassies died of old age waiting for their petitions to be processed.

DR. MCCOY: Dammit, Jim, we need a new system around here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.