Gugusitolindo

How come lots of MENA members don't have Pics posted

113 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

drama.jpg

Oh chile this ain't nothin' compared to the olden days...

jrtuep.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Whatever. If I were you, I'd deny it, too. I don't equate posting the pic of Sarah to what DS did. I remember why her pic was posted and what it said under it. She asked for that, boo hoo. What you post here can be used by others and, in her case, karma is a b!tch. Anyone who brought private stuff from other boards here to humiliate others deserves a bit of payback.

Again, ####### are you talking about? I never made any comments about her (or your) siggy lines - you are invited to scour my posts and find a single one to back up your nonsense.

I am not "defending" Sarah; I am replying to the topic. (As a matter of fact, I had several disagreements with her in various topics over the years.) I mentioned this particular incident here because it directly pertains to this thread - why many MENA members do not post their personal pics. You are trying to make the case that your own personal war with her is somehow relevant to whether or not what happened was wrong. Well it's not relevant - what happened to Sarah was despicable, downright creepy and an outrageous violation of VJ's TOS, whether you liked her or hated her (or were indifferent.)

I really don't expect you to get the point (or ever admit that your bizarre accusations are totally off the mark.) It is clear that you perceive anyone who ever disagrees with you about anything as a member of some sort of organized conspiracy against you (a "cabal" as you used to put it,) somehow in cahoots with the Great Satan Sarah. Again, Tripsville.

Timeline

Nope, it was my siggy that got the complaints, but thanks anyway. Peezy was just a tool.

Soffiya - I remember Peezey having a section of her signature devoted to baiting you. Is that what you are thinking of?

ETA: Actually the bait is still there : link

Timeline

Whatever. If I were you, I'd deny it, too. I don't equate posting the pic of Sarah to what DS did. I remember why her pic was posted and what it said under it. She asked for that, boo hoo. What you post here can be used by others and, in her case, karma is a b!tch. Anyone who brought private stuff from other boards here to humiliate others deserves a bit of payback.

Deny what? That you made a bunch of addled accusations about me that have no basis in fact? I don't expect you to admit your mistakes.

We get it... you hate Sarah 4ever-n-ever and think she deserves to be staked out on an antbed because she once said (at least as I remember it) that she thought couples consisting of men married to women old enough to be their mothers or grandmothers were "gross and abnormal."

However, the topic of the thread continues to be: "Why don't a lot of MENA people post their pics." What happened to Sarah is indeed one big reason why many people don't.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Ironically Sarah posted pictures of other people spitefully as well.

I must have missed that one, but it would be just as despicable. And yet *another* reason why many people don't post their pics here.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

I dont have a problem admitting my mistakes, and i hate no one, but, what was done to Sarah was her own bad karma. What she did to others here is another lesson about posting personal stuff. That's what you don't seem to get. Evoking her as a victim won't get my sympathy.

Deny what? That you made a bunch of addled accusations about me that have no basis in fact? I don't expect you to admit your mistakes.

We get it... you hate Sarah 4ever-n-ever and think she deserves to be staked out on an antbed because she once said (at least as I remember it) that she thought couples consisting of men married to women old enough to be their mothers or grandmothers were "gross and abnormal."

However, the topic of the thread continues to be: "Why don't a lot of MENA people post their pics." What happened to Sarah is indeed one big reason why many people don't.

Edited by Sofiyya

Ok gang....whose winning!! Who is on Charlie Sheen.??? :innocent::whistle:

Sofiyya 5

Wife of Mahmoud 5

Can we stand the tie breaker?? :bonk:

sorry that this topic i created ....

has created such animosity amongst

us!

That goes back to the saying..."PPl will forget what you said...but dont forget how you made them feel" !!

Edited by Gugusitolindo

Erase the image on how you thought your life would turn out- and start living the life you are living!!

Timeline

I dont have a problem admitting my mistakes, and i hate no one, but, what was done to Sarah was her own bad karma. What she did to others here is another lesson about posting personal stuff. That's what you don't seem to get. Evoking her as a victim won't get my sympathy.

Well... you sure haven't admitted you've accused me of a whole slew of stuff I never did. I don't expect you will.

As for Sarah - I mentioned her not in sympathy for her as a "victim," but as an example of what has been done with personal pics posted on this site - and not just by outside bloggers, but (and this is the truly weird part) by the current moderator of this forum.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

some moroccans are berbers ya know.

Yes I am sorry , I didn't mean to exclude anyone, and I am not 100% on the demographics of the world so I didnt know that Berber was not Arabian , So I am very very sorry :) I claim my ignornace because I do not know everything.

Sarasusan

8j0g.jpg8j0gm4.png

December 27, 2009 - Wishing each other a blessed 2010. -When we met
February 25- I realize I love this amazing man! (but of course I must see it and feel it in person to know for sure )
June 22, 2010 - The day I first lay eyes on the man that I love.
December 29th 2010- January 6th 2011 - second trip to Morocco, an amazing time with an amazing man. He tells me I am everything he needs and more and hopes that he is the same for me... of course!! I accept his proposal and we are engaged!
October 2011 - So very much in love still, can't wait to see him in December
December 22nd,2011- January 9th 2012 - What a wonderful time, we had an engagement ceremony, and finally we decided it was time to start filling out some papers! Hoping to send it off in late March !
December 27th, 2012 - January 14th, 2013- My girls and I visit my Sweet Bread and have a wonderful vacation with all of the family, including my uncle!

November 12, 2013 - I-129f mailed! Finally!

November 21, 2013- NOA1 !

February 27th, 2014 NOA2 !

March 18th, 2014 NVC RECEIVED!

April 23rd, 2014 INTERVIEW !!! God-Willing we will be in each others arms soon! God Bless!!

April 24th, 2014 Find out we were in AP, 2 weeks later he is called back to the Consulate...

May 8th, 2014 Hicham is given a 221g at the Consulate and told that the petition has been sent back to USCIS. :( HEARTBROKEN. Yet, determined to convince them.

September 29th, 2015 MARRIED.

June 2015- Still madly in love, and madly missing each other.

September 29th, 2015 Mailed CR-1 Petition.

October 1st 2015 NOA-1

December 2nd 2015, Notice of Action- Transferred to Local office in Arlington, VA

The Journey continues....... missing each other like crazy!

Still, God Bless.

Thank you for letting me share my story smile.png
HichamRainbow2.pngloveforeverpng.pngPicture0006.png

"You'll know then that I am God. No one who hopes in me ever regrets it." Isaiah 49:23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I choke a bit when reading stuff that romanticizes Arab men, being toasty and Arab myself. We can be charming, but we can be azzhats, too. After all, we're just folks, like anyone else, moody, messy and terribly un-exotic at times.

I agree, just folks like everyone else,However I do believe there is a level of respect that I experienced in Morocco that maybe is a result of culture or something else, that just stands out to me. I experienced something similar in Jamaica, people just seemed more focused on connecting with friends and family, maybe the common factor is taking away the materialism that is rampant in the U.S. that makes me notice the difference. I am one of those people that will be happy with a modest comfortable life, my goals have never been about money and big houses and such, and maybe thats why I admire cultures like Morocco and Jamaica because there is emphasis on these things and I can relate to that and feel at home. And maybe I am being a little romantic but I am a woman in lovvvveeee :D!

8j0g.jpg8j0gm4.png

December 27, 2009 - Wishing each other a blessed 2010. -When we met
February 25- I realize I love this amazing man! (but of course I must see it and feel it in person to know for sure )
June 22, 2010 - The day I first lay eyes on the man that I love.
December 29th 2010- January 6th 2011 - second trip to Morocco, an amazing time with an amazing man. He tells me I am everything he needs and more and hopes that he is the same for me... of course!! I accept his proposal and we are engaged!
October 2011 - So very much in love still, can't wait to see him in December
December 22nd,2011- January 9th 2012 - What a wonderful time, we had an engagement ceremony, and finally we decided it was time to start filling out some papers! Hoping to send it off in late March !
December 27th, 2012 - January 14th, 2013- My girls and I visit my Sweet Bread and have a wonderful vacation with all of the family, including my uncle!

November 12, 2013 - I-129f mailed! Finally!

November 21, 2013- NOA1 !

February 27th, 2014 NOA2 !

March 18th, 2014 NVC RECEIVED!

April 23rd, 2014 INTERVIEW !!! God-Willing we will be in each others arms soon! God Bless!!

April 24th, 2014 Find out we were in AP, 2 weeks later he is called back to the Consulate...

May 8th, 2014 Hicham is given a 221g at the Consulate and told that the petition has been sent back to USCIS. :( HEARTBROKEN. Yet, determined to convince them.

September 29th, 2015 MARRIED.

June 2015- Still madly in love, and madly missing each other.

September 29th, 2015 Mailed CR-1 Petition.

October 1st 2015 NOA-1

December 2nd 2015, Notice of Action- Transferred to Local office in Arlington, VA

The Journey continues....... missing each other like crazy!

Still, God Bless.

Thank you for letting me share my story smile.png
HichamRainbow2.pngloveforeverpng.pngPicture0006.png

"You'll know then that I am God. No one who hopes in me ever regrets it." Isaiah 49:23

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree, just folks like everyone else,However I do believe there is a level of respect that I experienced in Morocco that maybe is a result of culture or something else, that just stands out to me. I experienced something similar in Jamaica, people just seemed more focused on connecting with friends and family, maybe the common factor is taking away the materialism that is rampant in the U.S. that makes me notice the difference. I am one of those people that will be happy with a modest comfortable life, my goals have never been about money and big houses and such, and maybe thats why I admire cultures like Morocco and Jamaica because there is emphasis on these things and I can relate to that and feel at home. And maybe I am being a little romantic but I am a woman in lovvvveeee :D!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2sKH8yjVsM&feature=related

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Let's just say that if you put your photos on this board, parties (be they VJ members, islamophobic bloggers or just random passers by) with potentially nefarious purposes may feel free to abscond with said photos and do tawdry things with them.

capisci?

And speaking of nefarious islamphobic bloggers who do tawdry things to VJ members' pictures, she who shall not be named just linked to the post re: the incident that shall not be mentioned in a new post of hers.

Edited by UmmSqueakster

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.