Kimbear

Wedding Anniversaires and what to do

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We celebrated our first last July and ended up in Niagara falls for the weekend. We are still very much child at heart so glow in the dark golfing and amusement stuff was probably the best thing I could have asked for. We did plan on going there every year but who knows what will happen.

I had to make him come down to see me as We were waiting on an interview date.... He made me go back with him so It all turned out great.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The tradition for the first year anniversary is a "paper" gift. You can really get creative without having to spend a lot of money. One couple I know, the husband made "husband certificates" that the wife could cash in anytime during that year! Things like "free back massage", "dishes", "laundry", "win the arguement"... it was cute and she LOVED it. She got him tickets to Cirque de Soleil haha.

My husband and I plan on following the traditional gift giving, so on our anniversary we'll be giving some form of paper gift!

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We celebrated our first anniversary and my birthday (they are one day apart) by having dinner at the very first restaurant where we went out to dinner when I came down for my first visit to Georgia. It was a really nice Japanese restaurant, and it was fun to revisit where we had our first American 'date' :) on our first anniversary.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

aww thanks for all the ideas guys / gals :) since everything was such a rush affair last year i wanted to do something special and now i have some options lol. I think i'm a pick a nice restaurant and make us take a cab so we can enjoy a drink or too. usually one of us ends up being a designated driver when we go out, so it will be nice not having to worry about that this time. And maybe a movie as well. truth be told we haven't really gone on any real dates lol. most of the trips up to see me etc were short so we had limited amounts of time to do stuff and usually ended up only doing one thing...:P

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure if anyone has already said this (I didn't read all the replies), but the first anniversary is "paper." You could do anything from buying tickets, to making a craft on paper, to using a receipt and then surprising him with the gift (hey it's paper).

I am making Sean something in paper using pics from our wedding . . . time is running out and I still haven't made it!

Edited by Arabella

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Timeline

most of the trips up to see me etc were short so we had limited amounts of time to do stuff and usually ended up only doing one thing...:P

I have no idea what you may be referring too :whistle:

Paper? Really? I had no idea there were even "traditional" anniversary gifts. Honestly, if my husband gave me paper I'd probably kick him... Unless it was something good like glass seats to the Avalanche game :lol:

Naaa, in all seriousness it's the thought behind it all and the memories you make. Looking back, the most memorable things we've done together didn't cost much of anything.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

what I did was take a bunch of little pieces of paper and wrote down things I loved about him and some love quotes.. and I put them in a nice box... I also gave him some love coupons..lol.. lame I know but he seemed to like it..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

anniversary swaree's are fun !!!

There are other web portals that handle this stuff,

but if you get really stumped,

suggest 8 kg of poutine, special made, for your friends and family (or just you two)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I have no idea what you may be referring too :whistle:

Paper? Really? I had no idea there were even "traditional" anniversary gifts. Honestly, if my husband gave me paper I'd probably kick him... Unless it was something good like glass seats to the Avalanche game :lol:

Naaa, in all seriousness it's the thought behind it all and the memories you make. Looking back, the most memorable things we've done together didn't cost much of anything.

Yep. Here: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/a-wedding-anniversary-guide-history-themes-gifts--etiquette.html you'll see they mention traditional and the "new" theme now too. It's of course not mandatory but some people like keeping a little bit of the traditional.

Tony and I went to dinner and a movie. Depending on your "take" of the traditional that could be paper for the dinner bill/menu etc, and paper for the movie tickets. Tony and I went to a place for dinner that we hadn't been yet (normally we go to Outback for special events.. kinda a joke about me being Aussie) and I have to say I loved the food. Forget what movie it was. We were too broke to get any big grand pressies because we just closed on a house end of September (anniversary Nov 7th) and I suppose you can say that's another "paper" present, the title/mortgage to a new home :P

I'd also just returned from Australia 2 days previous (family issues) so I was still a little jet-lagged :P

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

so i guess our paper gift to each other is the signing of the papers for the house we put an offer on :rofl: We decided on Seafood. I haven't had any in forever, especially since his dad is allergic, so we are going out to a little place called Joe's Crab Shack, which i enjoyed the last time i was there for valentines day 2010. :D

HWDWm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

surprisingly,

most 'enterprising' couples will view a mortgage deed as the PERFECT paper gift, these days.

20 to 30 years ago, 'paper' always attributed to 'shares in a publicly traded company'

good on ya !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.