thelastpetitioner

how important is a bank statement?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I see. As long as you're still communicating with the Consulate, they'll extend the validity of the petition approval indefinitely. You'll need a new original with original signature on the I-134.

thank you,by a divine miracle a friend of ours who is an iranian-american is coming back to iran for a couple of weeks.im sure if i ask him he can bring it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

In my case my income was suficcient, so NO bank statements needed.

Bank statements are used to show money on deposit as in assets. Not needed when income is enough

I attached (IRS-returns or transcripts, copies of pay stubs and employer letter.) to our I-134.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

im thinking about adding the detailed statement as secondary evidence to his pay stubs,because they deposit the money online and to his account

Timeline

im thinking about adding the detailed statement as secondary evidence to his pay stubs,because they deposit the money online and to his account

Not needed, paystubs, IRS returns, and employer letter is fine.

No need to have evidence backing up evidence.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

I see. As long as you're still communicating with the Consulate, they'll extend the validity of the petition approval indefinitely. You'll need a new original with original signature on the I-134.

Hi there, I had a quick question directly relating the the I-134. My gross anual income (even my adjusted gross and net) are well above the 125% poverty line for my family size. I did want to ask however, how much above the poverty line would you suggest I be before I start submitting other information. Now I have dependant children so my poverty line requirements are a bit higher than those who will have a household size of 2 with their spouse, however my gross anual income is still about $7000 above the poverty requirement for my family size (and this includes my wife-to-be). Should this be sufficient evidence that I can support my wife, or should I provide other evidence as well? I have the whole gammet of support (life insurance, stocks, bonds, real estate), but if I don't have to list all of these and come up with bank statements, then maybe I'll save myself the time and trouble and just use my income and leave the rest blank on my I-134. What are your thoughts / suggestions about the subject? Thank you for your help. There is alot of "hidden language" in these documents. I can easily come up with the statements and actually have them ready to ship to my fiancee, but (like everyone else) I don't want to do it wrong.

i didnt see your response,unfortunately navy federal does not give a damn about costumer service,he has tried calling them,but their phone lines are all automated voicemails and the closest navy federal is about four hours away,it would be ideal to get it done without him having to physically go there,however its not a big problem.the only issue is time,i have to have something figured out in case the bank doesnt cooperate

I have been a member of NFCU for 30 years, and I have no problems going online to print out any of my monthly statements.

NATURALIZATION

02/25/2014 - Eligibility date.

03/03/2014 - N-400 package mailed.

03/11/2014 - Check cashed.

03/14/2014 - NOA received.

04/09/2014 - Biometrics.

04/28/2014 - In-Line for Interview - 6 hours later Interview Scheduled!!

05/02/2014 - Interview Letter received. (Mailed on 29 April)

05/26/2014 - 3 year anniversary.

06/02/2014 - Interview. PASSED!

09/11/2014 - Oath Ceremony.

09/16/2014 - Updated driver licence and registered to vote.

10/08/2014 - Updated Social Security

10/14/2014 - Applied for U.S. Passport

10/27/2014 - U.S. Passport arrived in mail (13 days - DID NOT expedite)

10/30/2014 - Naturalization Certificate arrived in mail (was not folded)

MY IMMIGRATION JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY FINISHED!!

Timeline

Hi there, I had a quick question directly relating the the I-134. My gross anual income (even my adjusted gross and net) are well above the 125% poverty line for my family size. I did want to ask however, how much above the poverty line would you suggest I be before I start submitting other information. Now I have dependant children so my poverty line requirements are a bit higher than those who will have a household size of 2 with their spouse, however my gross anual income is still about $7000 above the poverty requirement for my family size (and this includes my wife-to-be). Should this be sufficient evidence that I can support my wife, or should I provide other evidence as well? I have the whole gammet of support (life insurance, stocks, bonds, real estate), but if I don't have to list all of these and come up with bank statements, then maybe I'll save myself the time and trouble and just use my income and leave the rest blank on my I-134. What are your thoughts / suggestions about the subject? Thank you for your help. There is alot of "hidden language" in these documents. I can easily come up with the statements and actually have them ready to ship to my fiancee, but (like everyone else) I don't want to do it wrong.

Yep, Sufficient.

Timeline

I have been a member of NFCU for 30 years, and I have no problems going online to print out any of my monthly statements.

monthlu statement yes,getting a hold of a live person or getting a signed original statement is a different story

Timeline

monthlu statement yes,getting a hold of a live person or getting a signed original statement is a different story

Then forget about it.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

The question still remains. IF asset verification is needed, will online statements suffice, or is official signed documentation on bank letterhead required?

There was a chance I was going to have to go ahead with an assets only I-134 but even though that seems very unlikely at this point, I'd like to be prepared just the same.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thats what i mean,by earsing,i meant removing bank from this whole deal.

our noa 2 is expiring in 20 days,and this whole bank statement was taking up too much time,the sole purpose of this post was to figure out a way to get my interview date without the bank statement in case we dont get it on time

Just so you know, I use Navy Federal too. You can get your statement online. Up to 18 months worth. it is under the eStatements. Shows combined, deposits, withdraws, everything. Takes less than 5 min to print the last years worth.

Hope this helps.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The question still remains. IF asset verification is needed, will online statements suffice, or is official signed documentation on bank letterhead required?

There was a chance I was going to have to go ahead with an assets only I-134 but even though that seems very unlikely at this point, I'd like to be prepared just the same.

In nearly all cases savings account balances can be verified with a bank statement. If the money has been sitting there a while, provide a few consecutive statements. The bank letters described in the old I-134 instructions are nearly impossible to obtain.

Yes, online statements are fine and using only the page that shows opening and closing balances for the month are fine.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

All I sent was a letter from my employer, last few tax returns, and some recent pay stubs. No letter from the bank or any other proof of income/assets. My income was over the limit and was never an issue.

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

cool, so, my income is over the 125% limit. i do not have to get a bank letter or statements. Thanks everyone. i did get a letter from my bank about 7 months ago. i had the manager signed the letter too. I submitted the I-134 together with the I-129F to USCIS(before i found this website). Do you think they will ask for an updated bank letter? I do have 4 years of tax return transcripts and employment letter from my work.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.