1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Found a job that is! :) Anna recieved a job offer from a local credit union this morning and will start work on Monday.

I don't have too many other people to share the news with and I know some people here could appreciate the work and relief when their significant others finds employment.

We both busted our arses to prepare her for landing this thing. I'm very proud of her!

Congratulations to Anna! I hope she enjoys it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

That is great news, Shawn. I'm sure Anna will feel better about her contribution to your joint finances. Also, she will probably be one of the best employees there after she gets past all that jealousy from other female employees. :rofl:

So you're cutting back your hours now, right? Be sure to check back in a few weeks and let us know how excited she is to pay taxes and stuff. Also, how smoothly "sharing" the bills is going. She's worked here before though, right? She knows the deal so it should be no problem when you ask for half the mortgage, half the utilities, half the grocery money, etc.

Most folks are saying congrats to her.... I'm saying congrats to you!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

So you're cutting back your hours now, right? Be sure to check back in a few weeks and let us know how excited she is to pay taxes and stuff. Also, how smoothly "sharing" the bills is going. She's worked here before though, right? She knows the deal so it should be no problem when you ask for half the mortgage, half the utilities, half the grocery money, etc.

Most folks are saying congrats to her.... I'm saying congrats to you!

sharing bills? :lol:

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Slim gets it. ;)

I never promised Anna a work free life. We both went into this relationship knowing she will be getting a job as soon as she could. And fortunately it was the type of job I'd always knew she could get as her education is in banking law and economics. She taught it as well. Kind of a no brainer really.

And yes Slim, she'd worked here in Alaska a on couple of different occasions. She knows about taxes, doesn't like them, but knows about them. She's also very open on "sharing" bills. She's the one who bought her car and came over with a decent little chunk of money from selling a flat back home. She's been dipping into that since she got here. Very self sufficient if need be, I consider myself lucky. :)

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm happy for you man...nice to have two incomes.

My wife got a menial retail job but had to quit when I got sick. Paid all of $8.50 an hour. Funny thing...at that level Russians really work harder and take it more seriously than most of their fellow coworkers. So the bosses loved my wife's work ethic...and actually exploited her because she was willing to actually work at a professional level. Everybody else was hiding out, BSing or doing their nails.

It wasn't much dough but it did help and gave me some financial relief.

Anyway, I wish your wife good luck with the job.

sharing bills? :lol:

Yep. My wife didn't win the lottery, earn a scholarship, etc. She's responsible for paying for her "fair share" of the bills. I don't need two cell phones, a second vehicle, insurance, etc. I also don't need the heat cranked up to 80 all winter. And school isn't free. If she wants to go she can pay for it. Same with the doctor. It's not free just because I work.

There are things she needs to pay for.

She knows about taxes, doesn't like them, but knows about them. She's also very open on "sharing" bills. She's the one who bought her car and came over with a decent little chunk of money from selling a flat back home. She's been dipping into that since she got here.

I've never understood why guys pay for 100% of this process. How did she ever survive before they rescued her from the coal mines?

My wife was on me again this weekend because rents due this week. "Why do I have husband who never pay for nosing? Make me work and pay bills? Why I even have this man?"

She's still there.

And the money's going in the account today.

Welcome to America. This sh!t aint free.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Yep. My wife didn't win the lottery, earn a scholarship, etc. She's responsible for paying for her "fair share" of the bills. I don't need two cell phones, a second vehicle, insurance, etc. I also don't need the heat cranked up to 80 all winter. And school isn't free. If she wants to go she can pay for it. Same with the doctor. It's not free just because I work.

There are things she needs to pay for.

I've never understood why guys pay for 100% of this process. How did she ever survive before they rescued her from the coal mines?

My wife was on me again this weekend because rents due this week. "Why do I have husband who never pay for nosing? Make me work and pay bills? Why I even have this man?"

She's still there.

And the money's going in the account today.

Welcome to America. This sh!t aint free.

Alla does not concern herself with the house payment. She assumes I took care of it. I did.

Alla survived by having a job in international business making 5 times the average income of Ukraine and traveling around on her company's dime. (that is how I met her in Prague) She cannot do that here. At least not yet and maybe never. But she did go today for a job interview to be an ESL teacher for a local school district and she said it went well. She intends to work when she finishes her degree this year. I am not sure what we will do with the money. Maybe I will retire. :P

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife has a part-time job working with my aunt doing clerical office work. It's a nice start. Katya can read English just fine, and can understand quite a lot, especially if you talk slow :P; but the rigors of a 'real' job are a bit daunting for her. Working with family is nice, because they are willing to email her requests or repeat things for her that other jobs might not. Her language confidence will grow.

I've had family tell me; and I'm certain I've read the same thing here: I should have made her go cold turkey and 'quit Russian' altogether. No Russian TV in the house, just American. I haven't done that, and won't do it; simply a personal decision on my part. But, because I haven't done it, Katya's English hasn't grown the way our son's has. Granted, a child is a sponge and learns quicker than an adult. But still, he's been thrown into the shark pit that is kindergarten without his consent; and he's better for it already. We play those godforsaken Lego games and I can ask him questions filled with English slang; and he'll answer me in English just fine. With all that said, Katya has realized that she may need to tone down the Russian language shows and start watching more English language shows. I haven't yet asked her why the change; but if she's wanting to do more American stuff; I've got Netflix ready for her. :P

Until she's comfortable with her English, she'll be stuck in 'menial' jobs. She has a better education than I do; she should have more potential for work than me. :)

06/05/08 - First meeting on dating Website

05/04/09 - First Face to Face meeting in Vladivostok

07/06/09 - I-129F delivered to CSC via UPS

07/09/09 - NOA1 Received

07/12/09 - Touched

10/02/09 - NOA2 Notification

10/05/09 - NOA2 Hard Copy

10/15/09 - NVC Receipt

10/26/09 - MOW Receipt

12/07/09 - Interview Successful!!

12/12/09 - Entry to USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.