jg_am

Medial Question related to Pk. 3

8 posts in this topic

Hi all. My fiancee has received package 3 and it says to have everything completed(icluding medical) before sending in the checklitst. I've been noticing people's signatures have said they sent package 3 on such and such a date and their medial is on a date after it was sent. Can we do this(send package 3 while only having a medical appointment scheduled but not done yet)? Thanks.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi all. My fiancee has received package 3 and it says to have everything completed(icluding medical) before sending in the checklitst. I've been noticing people's signatures have said they sent package 3 on such and such a date and their medial is on a date after it was sent. Can we do this(send package 3 while only having a medical appointment scheduled but not done yet)? Thanks.

Yup! I think if she checks again it actually says that you have booked an appointment or something to that affect. I don't think it actually says you have to have it completed. Anyways, the short answer is yes. She can return the checklist with it ticked and inquire about her medical appointment. The list was enclosed with her packet 3.

In my case I will likely be having to change the date of my medical and have it done after my interview and send in the medical info to the consulate for final visa approval after.

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You bet .. in package 3 it says " Arrange for a medical examination " .. so once you have made an appointment you have met the requirement :thumbs:

~My AOS (K1)

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Sons AOS (K2) Age 11

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Daughters AOS (K2) Age 9

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 07/07 RFE Snail mail

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Feb 14/07 sent back RFE ~ Feb 21/07 email resp. RFE

Feb 29/07 Transfered to CSC !!

April 03/07 Card production ordered

April 04/07 Welcome notice sent

April 07/07 Welcome notice & Green card arrived

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yup definately, just arrange an appointment for the medical and then send in packet 3 ...

When I was at my medical in Vancouver I could tell that not many people were VJers because they were all surprised when I told them that my interview was scheduled for 2 weeks from the date of my medical ... All of the people there thought they had to get the medical done before sending in Packet 3 ....

VJ rocks !!

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep call for your medical and book it then fax in the list.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Timeline

what info do we need to book the medical appointment? the case number assigned by NVC? and do i just say it is for a visa application? i am also waiting for packet 3 and want to get things together now so i can send the checklist back asap.

i've seen people mention vaccinations and immunization records... is this required for K1 visas and am i required to bring this to the medical? i think i may need a titre test... can i go to any doctor to get this done or can this get done at the medical appointment?

any response will be greatly appreciated! i am very much so in the dark regarding this topic...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
what info do we need to book the medical appointment? the case number assigned by NVC? and do i just say it is for a visa application? i am also waiting for packet 3 and want to get things together now so i can send the checklist back asap.

i've seen people mention vaccinations and immunization records... is this required for K1 visas and am i required to bring this to the medical? i think i may need a titre test... can i go to any doctor to get this done or can this get done at the medical appointment?

any response will be greatly appreciated! i am very much so in the dark regarding this topic...

When I called the doctor in Vancouver to arrange an appointment all I had to tell the lady was that I need a medical for a K-1 Visa ... They never asked me my case number over the phone ... Once I arrived on the day of the appointment I had to supply them with my number ...

As for the vaccinations I just went to my family doctor and told him that I was apply for a visa to the US and needed immunization records ... So my doctor went ahead and scheduled me an appointment for the clinic'c nurse to give me my Td and MMR shots ... And then he gave me a sheet to take to the blood test place for them to do a titre test to prove I was immnue to chickenpox (I had then when I was very young) ... I then brought all the proof regarding this to my Immigration Medical Exam so they didn't have to give me any shots ...

If you wait to do the shots when you go to your medical then you will be charged a fair amount from the immigration doctor to do these shots ... Mine didn't cost anything as it was all covered under BC Medical ... I would suggest you start getting the ball rolling now with your doctor as the titre tests takes like 3 weeks to get the results ...

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Timeline
If you wait to do the shots when you go to your medical then you will be charged a fair amount from the immigration doctor to do these shots ... Mine didn't cost anything as it was all covered under BC Medical ... I would suggest you start getting the ball rolling now with your doctor as the titre tests takes like 3 weeks to get the results ...

will do this right away. thanks for the info!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.